• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Se_7_eN

I believe you mean Drumpf tower

f869f6512b0d7187f4e475fc9aa7f250.png

Gryph

Woooo. Thread is really moving now. Morning all.

I like the launch trailer well enough. Voice work is good. Something about it doesn't really thrill me though... Not sure what it is...

Clockwork5

I hope it doesn't actually. A raid with MM will not be a raid. It can't have real "mechanics" that require communication and coordination if it has MM. It can't be too hard with MM. In short a raid with MM would be nothing more than a few story missions strung together with bonus loot, and to me that's not something that you should call a raid.

You arbitrarily set some strange boundaries as to what can be done with matchmaking. All of destiny's content has been completed with matchmaking, it's just that players are forced to find groups on Reddit and other websites.

A raid with matchmaking is still a raid.

Gryph

Downloaded HQ version of launch trailer from GameSyde and went to town with screencaps, some good wallpaper material was found.

Those are some real beauts. I'm going to spend a lot of time just walking slowly around the beautifully rendered city...

Deku Tree

You arbitrarily set some strange boundaries as to what can be done with matchmaking. All of destiny's content has been completed with matchmaking, it's just that players are forced to find groups on Reddit and other websites.

A raid with matchmaking is still a raid.

No finding a group on a website is a "group finder" utility. It is not anonymous push button matchmaking. I support having in game group finder type utilities for Raids, and I am against push button matchmaking.

Try going into the Destiny strike playlist for a while to get an idea how bad a raid with mechanics would be if it had push button matchmaking. AFKers all day long.

No finding a group on a website is a "group finder" utility. It is not anonymous push button matchmaking. I support having in game group finder type utilities for Raids, and I am against push button matchmaking.

Try going into the Destiny strike playlist for a while to get an idea how bad a raid with mechanics would be if it had push button matchmaking. AFKers all day long.

Good thing then that the matchmaking thus far has been completely optional. I also agree that finding a team of dedicated players is superior to a matchmade random raid team. But I do think that it's good to have options.

Destiny has the most barebones matchmaking possible. There are ways to get around stuff like AFKers.

Gryph

I understand not wanting to use push button matchmaking style for your own raid experiences. But for some people that's the only way they might be able to experience those parts of the game. It seems unfair to take away a system that might give more people more access.

Yes... there's a terminal at Camp Hudson (not sure about other locations) that you can matchmake from... it prompts whether you want to MM for missions or for DZ.

I get that running solo in the DZ might seem intimidating, but I had some downtime in beta when my friends were offline and I decided to try it out. The grind for credits was a lot slower not being in many big PvP fights, but its definitely doable.

That's good to know! I played over 40 hours between PS4 and XBONE in the closed and open alpha - betas and was almost always in a group of 4. Every time i entered the DZ ungrouped it was all sorts of a pain in the ass and it forced me to grab what i could as quickly as i could and extract the fuck outa there lol. In my experience, anyone i saw alone was viewed as fresh meat and attacked by other players maybe 8 times out of 10.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I won't be there day 1 since my new PC got delayed.

Oh well, RIP.

I understand not wanting to use push button matchmaking style for your own raid experiences. But for some people that's the only way they might be able to experience those parts of the game. It seems unfair to take away a system that might give more people more access.

Ill NEVER understand this mentality of "Raids can't have matchmaking... no way!". It's no different that LFG groups... and i've seen and been a part of numerous LFG teams that completed some of the most challenging content in a few different games.

Give players the option. Easy as that. Strongly suggest and make it known to all that you should go in a full group and that teamwork/communication is a must... but give everyone the option to match make. I cant see how it hurts anyone besides those using it. And i think developers might be surprised how much challenges like raids make complete strangers act as solid team sometimes.

therapist

Anyone buy a card and not receive a promo code?

I got a 970 @ microbytes in MTL Thursday last week , and they told me they ran out of codes(After i paid of course) but to go online and you can register with your serial etc which is bs because theres nowhere to do that.

Called Asus , they cant help , shot in the dark there as its an Nvidia promo.

Called them back(Microbytes) , they took my number said theyll look and call me back - nothing.

I dont want to return the card just for this but fucks sakes man what a hassle.

TL;DR Microbytes MTL centre ville sucks

Sn4ke_911

Oh nooo :(

I feel sorry for you - what happened?

They don't have the graphics card and some other stuff "lagernd", so it takes a bit longer. :/

Eh not that big of a deal i think since i will be pretty busy with work anyway next week.

deoee

They don't have the graphics card and some other stuff "lagernd", so it takes a bit longer. :/

Eh not that big of a deal i think since i will be pretty busy with work anyway next week.

The same happened to my RAM last week.
Later the same day they suddenly got stock and shipped everything :| (mindfactory)

Sn4ke_911

The same happened to my RAM last week.
Later the same day they suddenly got stock and shipped everything :| (mindfactory)

I don't wanna admit it but that delay is actually a good thing and probably a wink from above since next week will be hell on earth at our working place, so much to do.

But i'll join you all later, be safe Agents.

If you told me this

pCZkvfwh.jpg

was in game and not another Blur studio shot or a pre render. I think I'd say bs 2 years ago or if i didn't pay attention to this game.

Can't wait for the sweet 4k screen shots and galleries.

Sn4ke_911

If you told me this

pCZkvfwh.jpg

was in game and not another Blur studio shot or a pre render. I think I'd say bs 2 years ago or if i didn't pay attention to this game.

Can't wait for the sweet 4k screen shots and galleries.

Yep, we've come a long way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom