• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geist-

Give me that cloak NOW!

untitled_by_kane1345-d9to4nr.png
Please tell me that's a real outfit I can wear...
Bro...

Destiny has without any doubt the most satisfying and excellent shooting you can achieve in a game. It has not much else, but the feeling kept me coming back.
It's one of the best shooters on the market. It's why after being so deeply disappointed by how terrible the game was at release in terms of story, I could still play for hundreds of hours.

I'll shit all over Destiny for what it got horribly wrong, but its shooting was fantastic and probably a big reason why it was so easy for players to come back to.

Pop

Destiny is/was just terrible.

I wouldn't even try to compare Division with that. Leagues different.

Gryph

I don't really have an opinion about gun-play in video games.

But what crushed me about original release Destiny was how sterile and empty the world felt. Everything you were asked to do in a zone, all the missions and patrols, felt like it had been pasted on for no reason.

Then in TTK they made the first mission on Phobos so much cooler, it feels organic and well paced, like things are happening in the wider world. There are interactive things. But after that one mission that feeling never comes back. Killed the whole game for me.

That's why I was so happy with how dense The Division felt.

Okaaay now. I am burnt out from Destiny and all but I'm not going to pretend like it did not implement complex mechanics for a typical FPS console game. The Division isn't even out yet. . geez.

Destiny core game and shooting mechanics are top notch. There is a lot of repetitive content, but let's not downplay the game.

Klyka

Banned

Destiny is a wonderful shooter, a super fun co-op game and beautiful to look it.
It is also chill as fuck.

But it's also opinions.

Nokterian

Heh people getting mad because my opinion is hurting so much..terrible game,terrible shooting and terrible loot tried to play the expansion stopped after a few hours because it never felt good with destiny.

Heh people getting mad because my opinion is hurting so much..terrible game,terrible shooting and terrible loot tried to play the expansion stopped after a few hours because it never felt good with destiny.

Who is mad? People are responding to each other and discussing opinions. So I don't see how someone is mad for voicing their thoughts when you have voiced yours?

Bottom-tier trolling. You could just say "People have their opposing views to mine."

Gryph

Now you're just encouraging a fight. :p

Klyka

Banned

not mad, just not really anything you can say about Destiny mechanically being bad.
It is factually not.
There 's not even an opinion in there, it is a fact that Destiny's mechanics are solid as all fuck and played the largest role in keeping people playing.

You touched a select nerve, don't forget that Neogaf was down with the Destiny hardcore.

Defensive I would say

I'm defensive about people calling other people mad for voicing an opposing opinion; that doesn't create dialogues. It's you getting to say your opinion and then dismiss everyone that doesn't agree.

Eh, not really mad, just shocked at a horrible opinion (re: shooting, specifically).

not mad, just not really anything you can say about Destiny mechanically being bad.
It is factually not.
There 's not even an opinion in there, it is a fact that Destiny's mechanics are solid as all fuck and played the largest role in keeping people playing.

Yup. The gunplay keeps people around, along with the loot. The game wouldn't be NEARLY as popular (IMO) if it still had the aesthetics but played like Syphon Filter.

Nokterian

Eh, not really mad, just shocked at a horrible opinion (re: shooting, specifically).

Yup. The gunplay keeps people around, along with the loot. The game wouldn't be NEARLY as popular (IMO) if it still had the aesthetics but played like Syphon Filter.

Now it is a horrible opinion because you don't like what i am saying? See if i care about.

Gryph

Please. Let's not turn this thread into a Destiny fight just because we're all bored waiting for The Division...

Gala

I know what you will do next week around this time and I'm happy to do the same!
and kill some of you in the Dark Zone

Got the Gold edition, and my brother and a couple of friends also got the gold for PC.

So much for not pre-ordering, but we enjoyed our time in the beta's and haven't had a game to play coop since most of the heist stuff in GTA 5.

Last week will be the longest wait.

EL CUCO

[Warning: an agent on your team requires aid immediately]

Destiny has fantastic gunplay, but Darryl is a Destiny shill...
kappa

Gryph

This is an absolutely amazing screenshot from the trailer.

I LOVE that only the little orange watch is colorful here, the rest is all dark/white/blueish

I loved it when the snow storms blew in during game play. Both in DZ and beyond seeing the wind pick up and visibility drop. Watching the snow move around the street lights. It was fantastic. It really brought me back to blizzards in NYC.

The environmental work in this game is phenomenal.

Destiny has received a good amount of criticism for many things but gameplay has never been one of them. It has the best fps gameplay currently on consoles. Bungie has always been a solid developer when it comes to fps gameplay.

I would like to know what FPS you think has better shooting mechanics ?

Either way, sorry mods, I know this is The Division thread, which I am super stoked about, but Destiny gets criticized here a lot. I know Massive is doing a lot of things right that Destiny did wrong but I love Destiny and had to defend :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom