• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxey

12PM is 12:00, 12AM (in few minutes for you) is 00:00. Murica, why you 12h clock?

PM = after midday, before midnight

AM = after midnight, before midday

Eh, what? I always understood 12PM to be midnight and 12AM to be noon.

edit:
E8kO2VD.png
oh wtf? my whole life has been a lie...

hydruxo

Q0lDK4Pvs4R8.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg

I made a PS4 community group for DivisionGAF about a week ago. We've got some members in there already but I'd love to see the group get bigger so that we can always have another resource for finding people to play missions with, getting squads together for the Dark Zone, etc.

If those of you who are playing on PS4 are interested, here's how to find it:

1. Go to the Friends tab on your PS4.
  2. Search for 'hydruxxo' in the PSN search. Scroll down to my communities and select 'DivisionGAF'
  3. Send a request to join, and you're good to go
I'll try and accept any requests as soon as I get them, and feel free to send me a friend request (PSN: hydruxxo) too!

Tovarisc

Can someone give me a quick summary of what went down here? Are they human or AI? Their conduct seems a bit spaz if the former; surely they saw you at some point.

Three players that have gone rogue, which means they have attacked and killed other players. Considering direction from which they came to extract their loot from DarkZone they never saw DrBo42, giving him perfect opportunity to use grenades to take them down. Killing rogue agents give you good amount DZ currency, DZ chest keys and other goodies.

Attacking and killing rogue agents doesn't turn you into rogue. Being rogue lasts X seconds [depends on how much shit you have done] and if you survive that time you get rewarded with XP and DZ currency.

DrBo42

Can someone give me a quick summary of what went down here? Are they human or AI? Their conduct seems a bit spaz if the former; surely they saw you at some point.

The initial purple guy I'm shooting that's climbing the crate is an NPC. Guys that open fire on me as I come up the ramp are players. The entire group goes Rogue (names go red). They proceed to kill some guy up and back left of where I am (you can see him bleeding out and a blue drop, which they pick up.) Extraction was previously called so I wait for the group of rogues to attach their contaminated gear to the zipline attached to helicopter, which is the only way to get gear out of the dark zone. When they cluster around the cable, I get revenge for poor Locke.

Josh378

Q0lDK4Pvs4R8.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg

I made a PS4 community group for DivisionGAF about a week ago. We've got some members in there already but I'd love to see the group get bigger so that we can always have another resource for finding people to play missions with, getting squads together for the Dark Zone, etc.

If those of you who are playing on PS4 are interested, here's how to find it:

1. Go to the Friends tab on your PS4.
  2. Search for 'hydruxxo' in the PSN search. Scroll down to my communities and select 'DivisionGAF'
  3. Send a request to join, and you're good to go
I'll try and accept any requests as soon as I get them, and feel free to send me a friend request (PSN: hydruxxo) too!

Ok got it

ironcreed

Banned
I finally concentrated on some of the main missions, and yep, this game is the real deal. Just got wasted by the cleaner boss in the subway morgue and had a blast, even though he cooked me. I also really have to commend the sound and fire effects. Good stuff.

Nodnol

Just blitzed through both story missions and everything I could do in the South East of the map.

Loved the new mission; the atmosphere of this game is awesome. Very haunting, and if you take a sec to appreciate the environment, it's chilling at times.

TTK seems less than the CB, though that may just be the fact that I'm use to the game now.

I'll spend a few more hours over the weekend trying to grab as much gear as I can (I want my bobble beanie back!). Roll on release day, because I actually find the world and story very captivating, as well as the great gameplay.

So you go 11PM, 12M and then 1AM?

Makes no sense to me.

Whatever, 24-hours is much superior anyway.

How can it make no sense? 12am is midnight, it means its 12:00:01am

Sadly still got a while to download this on steam, just got home from a 12 hour shift :/

Tawpgun

God I love prox chat.

Was going after rogues, threw a grenade, downed them but hurt two other innocent agents causing me to go rogue "SHIT SORRY DONT SHOOT" "OK OK, WONT SHOOT BUT HELP US EXTRACT" "OK DEAL"

ironcreed

Banned
This may sound totally weird, but some of the soft ambient music indoors gave me kind of a subtle Mass Effect vibe. Again, just some of the music, not the game. Pretty neat.

Are they doing the daily maintenance shit again for the open beta?

Was so annoying last time as the Australian Timezone was peak playing time.

Ushay

Finally had a crack at this on XB1 with my mate from work. Have to say I really enjoyed it, live the near future setting.

Can see myself losing hundreds of hours on this.

Tainted

So you go 11PM, 12M and then 1AM?

Makes no sense to me.

Whatever, 24-hours is much superior anyway.

Sorry dude...but I'm guessing by your username you are 30y.o. How on earth have you gone this long without knowing this ? Even if you do prefer the 24hr clock SURELY you must be aware of how AM/PM works ....? This just blows my mind

Anyone else experience some really bad framerate/stuttering issues in the Dark Zone on Xbox One? I played the closed beta on PS4 and never had any issues like this, but today on XB1 as soon as I entered the DZ I was getting stuttering every 5-10 seconds. It made firefights impossible and gave me a horrible headache pretty fast.

Trying to figure out if this is just odd one-time performance issues, or if this is a known XB1 issue. Definitely won't be buying that version if so.

Tovarisc

Anyone else experience some really bad framerate/stuttering issues in the Dark Zone on Xbox One? I played the closed beta on PS4 and never had any issues like this, but today on XB1 as soon as I entered the DZ I was getting stuttering every 5-10 seconds. It made firefights impossible and gave me a horrible headache pretty fast.

Trying to figure out if this is just odd one-time performance issues, or if this is a known XB1 issue. Definitely won't be buying that version if so.

Seen people complaining about those stutters here and on Reddit today, must be platform issue for this build of the game. Also what I have read those reports it's always and only in DZ.

DrBo42

I get bad stuttering when entering the dark zone but then it stops a few seconds after. Had it continue for almost an entire session during the closed beta but only once. Think the constant version is a bug.

Seen people complaining about those stutters here and on Reddit today, must be platform issue for this build of the game. Also what I have read those reports it's always and only in DZ.

I get bad stuttering when entering the dark zone but then it stops a few seconds after. Had it continue for almost an entire session during the closed beta but only once. Think the constant version is a bug.

Yeah, it was perfect outside the DZ. For my friend he said he had it too, but he said sometimes it stopped, and then randomly came back.

I have no idea if it happened in the closed beta cuz I played that on PS4 and never experienced this issue once. I want the game on XB1 because I'd have more friends to play with, but if this is a platform-specific bug I don't know if I can risk it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom