• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the people who are talking about redeeming an agent code (AGENTORIGINS); it actually gave you a key and not just a blank? I'm getting no key, just a blank area, my buddy likewise, and another dude in this thread has the same issue.

PC player fyi.

Are you in the US?

GreyWind

Rk09nFy.png

I just tried again and it works. If anyone from EU wants a code for Xbox let me know.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Are you in the US?

Yeah, no key or anything, just a statement saying "Redeem the code below to unlock blablabla." but there was simply nothing after that, just blank space. My buddy just tried it as well and also received an email with just a blank space where the key is supposed to be.

GreyWind

For the people who are talking about redeeming an agent code (AGENTORIGINS); it actually gave you a key and not just a blank? I'm getting no key, just a blank area, my buddy likewise, and another dude in this thread has the same issue.

PC player fyi.

I sent you a PM

SomTervo

No it's just a whole different kind of shooting. If you go back to Gears of War 1 you'll have a similar experience of shooting. I always preferred (strategic, slower) TPS cover shooting to fast chaotic ego shooting mechanics. But comparing these two makes no sense at all. (that's also why I don't get why people compare Destiny to Division. I don't like Destiny at all because I don't like the core mechanics, but I loved Division from the first second)

I'm with you all the way - but the Destiny comparison was fair due to the (potentially grindy) loot-based, online-only, emergent co-op gocus of both titles. It had little to do with the actual mechanics. (Which i hugely prefer in The Division too.)

giphy.gif

Gotta love the conspiracy theories on the review thread lol

I just want to play this game so i can drown out the noise. This title creates outside, because of the fallout that was Destiny and people's hurt feelings from that experience it's like i get it already but get the soapbox off my new cake and then you got the "ugh Ubisoft" crowd.

Need to drown it out with a king sized anchor and form my opinion about this game in full. With you guys of course on rather it's really good or not.

GreyWind

I just want to play this game so i can drown out the noise. This title creates outside, because of the fallout that was Destiny and people's hurt feelings from that experience it's like i get it already but get the soapbox off my new cake and then you got the "ugh Ubisoft" crowd.

Need to drown it out with a king sized anchor and form my opinion about this game in full. With you guys of course on rather it's really good or not.

Yeah I get that too but don't worry, we shall enjoy it. Playing the alpha was solid and beta was even better for me. Only few more days so positive vibes lol :)

deoee

How you doin deoee? Able to contain the hype? Struggling? hehe

It's cool. Already drank my first coffee, had a discussion with my friends why excacly I don't care about the whole "endgame" and "review debacle" and yeah... all fine all fine

How's your morning going Kane
tumblr_m5xzcoRXuT1r2to8go1_400.gif

It's cool. Already drank my first coffee, had a discussion with my friends why excacly I don't care about the whole "endgame" and "review debacle" and yeah... all fine all fine

Nice progress...wait

"Review debacle" jesus...happy thoughts...nope

search

PatDH

Nice progress.

"Reviews debacle" jesus...happy thoughts.

Haha, woosaah!

I'm getting pretty excited now. I bought a 4pk of Red Bull today to drink on launch day.
Can anyone recommend some snacks to eat while playing?

Because the Red Bulls don't have enough sugar already..

deoee

Haha, woosaah!

I'm getting pretty excited now. I bought a 4pk of Red Bull today to drink on launch day.

This is Tecs third alternate account, right?

Kane1345

Hehe, I still love that gif. So are your friends going to get the game?

Tecnniqe

Banned
Haha, woosaah!

I approve of this person.
6Pk or bust tho.

Beef jerky works great, not due to sugar but less off time

Tecnniqe

Banned
Guess they will after I praise it and they read some "professional" reviews :|
My review:

All video games are stupid, of course. That whole thing of, 'you're not really shooting terrorists or winning the World Cup, you're just pressing buttons' is patronizing and simplistic but every now and again you come across a game that has so little emotional connection to who you are that you end up standing there, gazing at the screen and saying "I'm just pressing buttons and my life has no meaning," to a slightly bemused PR person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom