• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deoee

Are we back in the timezone hype train again?

Choo choo

train_6.jpg

YES

Kane1345

How do i sign up for this community

Q0lDK4Pvs4R8.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg

I made a PS4 community group for DivisionGAF about a week ago. We've got some members in there already but I'd love to see the group get bigger so that we can always have another resource for finding people to play missions with, getting squads together for the Dark Zone, etc.

If those of you who are playing on PS4 are interested, here's how to find it:

1. Go to the Friends tab on your PS4.
  2. Search for 'hydruxxo' in the PSN search. Scroll down to my communities and select 'DivisionGAF'
  3. Send a request to join, and you're good to go
I'll try and accept any requests as soon as I get them, and feel free to send me a friend request (PSN: hydruxxo) too!

:)

Kazuhira

Damn red pandas,they're cute as fuck.
I want one so bad.
Let's hope the devs are lurking this thread and release a red panda costume in the future,i would buy this game instantly.

Dreathlock

Now i am a little bit concerned. Is it true that on the PC the data gets saved client-side without checks? If so, how they will handle hackers?

SomTervo

I can click those boxes and it opens the image/gif.

It's an option in the mobile-preferences.

Damn, I've never tried that!

Nice one, you crazy German!

I almost used the phrase "krazy kraut" there but then realised "kraut" might actually be an offensive term. I've never known it to be derogatory - but googling it shows that it is. That's crazy! I've only heard it in joking/friendly contexts. Would you find that offensive?

Now i am a little bit concerned. Is it true that on the PC the data gets saved client-side without checks? If so, how they will handle hackers?

Where did you read that?

(I don't know.)

Bodom78

Preloading on the XBone. Going in blind as I did not play the beta.

Everything I've seen looks to have potential and I like to look of the game so going to give it a chance.

On a side note I really loved The Crew Wild Run and still play that so I figure this is a third person action RPG of that.

funo

Massive have commented multiple times (here, among others) that those issues have been fixed and will not be a problem in the full release!
I don't believe them, tbh

Dreathlock

Massive have commented multiple times (here, among others) that those issues have been fixed and will not be a problem in the full release!
I don't believe them, tbh

How is it even possible to prevent a client-side application from beeing hacked? Is there a historical example of a client-side game which dont has hackers?

I mean it looks like the fundemantal approach here is broken. MMO´s should be controlled server-side.

Tecnniqe

Banned
How is it even possible to prevent a client-side application from beeing hacked? Is there a historical example of a client-side game which dont has hackers?

I mean it looks like the fundemantal approach here is broken. MMO´s should be controlled server-side.
It is. They moved some.things to server side and other things are server side checked

funo

First of all, it's not a "MMO". (I know what you mean, though.)
Second, I think Klyka has already answered your question.

That was from the beta's where the server checks were disabled.
The developers have said the full release is different.

While stuff will still be stored client side in the full game, there will hopefully be checks in place that ensure that noone tempers with the data before it has been sent back to the server

Worst case it will be 30-40 h of "more of the same" if you've no interest in mini quests and DZ.

yeah that's what i'm expecting and I'm 100% fine with that. just want to see how many missions. hoping for 15-20. DZ was cool, but i didn't find it too tense and it was a bit tough single player. most of my friends aren't getting it day 1, either because they're not too into it or on a different platform than me.

deoee

Damn, I've never tried that!

Nice one, you crazy German!

I almost used the phrase "krazy kraut" there but then realised "kraut" might actually be an offensive term. I've never known it to be derogatory - but googling it shows that it is. That's crazy! I've only heard it in joking/friendly contexts. Would you find that offensive?

Where did you read that?

(I don't know.)

WHAT DID YOU JUST CALL ME?!?!

I don't have any problems with Kraut, but I can see the problem with older people who had to live through this

Kane1345

Someone happen to have the links to the few videos that got released yesterday?

I'll quote myself

I hope these are the ones you're talking about XD

Ushay

Congratulations.
You are now playing The Division (if you weren't already).
The Division is very simple.
-You are always playing The Division.
-You cannot win. You can only lose.
-You lose whenever you remember The Division.
-Whenever you remember The Division, you have to announce out loud "I lose".
-After you lose, you have 30 minutes during which you can remember The Division without losing.
-As soon as you mention The Division to anyone, they begin playing as well.
-The goal of The Division is to have everyone on Earth playing.

I lose :(

Tawpgun

What's the breakdown of platforms people are on?

One thing I hated about the destiny OT, as an Xbone player, was that it was largely PS4 players. We wanted our own community thread for Xbox but the mods wouldn't allow it.

What's the breakdown of platforms people are on?

One thing I hated about the destiny OT, as an Xbone player, was that it was largely PS4 players. We wanted our own community thread for Xbox but the mods wouldn't allow it.
If you're looking for a gaming community on Neogaf that's primarily made out of Xbox players and isn't an Xbox exclusive, you're gonna have a bad time

It's not even that it's a stigma
There are just nowhere near as many XBoners as there are PS4ers

Which is true beyond NeoGAF of course as well. Gaffers tend to be well informed and the PS4 tends to have the superior console version of games, so it's not that surprising really. People often cite friends as the reason to go for a XB1 version regardless, but in the same vein the GAF community can be the reason to go for the PS4 version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom