• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreyWind

Thanks :) Do I have to wait until release to put the code in? It says "Something went wrong. Please try again later".

Is it a code for a certain region or something? If so my bad, I'll give it to someone in the right region.

It should work. If you are redeeming on xbox.com change region to US or Canada. Give that a try. Second option would be by changing your xbox one region in your settings and redeem from console. Hope it works.

deoee

My review:

All video games are stupid, of course. That whole thing of, 'you're not really shooting terrorists or winning the World Cup, you're just pressing buttons' is patronizing and simplistic but every now and again you come across a game that has so little emotional connection to who you are that you end up standing there, gazing at the screen and saying "I'm just pressing buttons and my life has no meaning," to a slightly bemused PR person.

image.php

spot on

DrBo42

Gold version pre-load in progress, Agent Origins code redeemed. I'm ready to goooooo. Hit me with a red panda, fam.

Kane1345

My review:

All video games are stupid, of course. That whole thing of, 'you're not really shooting terrorists or winning the World Cup, you're just pressing buttons' is patronizing and simplistic but every now and again you come across a game that has so little emotional connection to who you are that you end up standing there, gazing at the screen and saying "I'm just pressing buttons and my life has no meaning," to a slightly bemused PR person.

deoeeavatarquotehere

Ooh, my copy has been shipped.

Where did you order from?

PatDH

It should work. If you are redeeming on xbox.com change region to US or Canada. Give that a try. Second option would be by changing your xbox one region in your settings and redeem from console. Hope it works.

Changing Xbox region from New Zealand to US worked. Code redeemed :)
Thanks again!

SomTervo

Can someone explain the vbulletin pic? Was posted so often but I couldn't laugh with the rest of you ��

If you're on mobile, I think vBulletin is a placeholder thing which replaces any picture your network/GAF/the image upload site doesn't want to download to you (for whatever reason).

Look at this thread on desktop and everything will look fine.

Almost every image I look at on mobile is a 'vBulletin' white box instead of a picture.

Kane1345

Where can one find the PS4 community? Is there a thread?

Q0lDK4Pvs4R8.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg

I made a PS4 community group for DivisionGAF about a week ago. We've got some members in there already but I'd love to see the group get bigger so that we can always have another resource for finding people to play missions with, getting squads together for the Dark Zone, etc.

If those of you who are playing on PS4 are interested, here's how to find it:

1. Go to the Friends tab on your PS4.
  2. Search for 'hydruxxo' in the PSN search. Scroll down to my communities and select 'DivisionGAF'
  3. Send a request to join, and you're good to go
I'll try and accept any requests as soon as I get them, and feel free to send me a friend request (PSN: hydruxxo) too!

There you go

deoee

If you're on mobile, I think vBulletin is a placeholder thing which replaces any picture your network/GAF/the image upload site doesn't want to download to you (for whatever reason).

Look at this thread on desktop and everything will look fine.

Almost every image I look at on mobile is a 'vBulletin' white box instead of a picture.

I can click those boxes and it opens the image/gif.

It's an option in the mobile-preferences.

I can click those boxes and it opens the image/gif.

It's an option in the mobile-preferences.

Yeah, enabled this option due to all the gifs and pics eating up my data, but most of the pics I click are shown correctly, but had this vbulletin now for some pics and thought it's a kind of meme I don't know about 😅

Sober

Gotta love the conspiracy theories on the review thread lol
Obviously the reason for no advance copies is because they never finished production on The Division so actually 5 hours in, you're actually just gonna start playing a random Assassin's Creed game.

Probably AC3.

Kane1345

Obviously the reason for no advance copies is because they never finished production on The Division so actually 5 hours in, you're actually just gonna start playing a random Assassin's Creed game.

Probably AC3.

Or there will be a big ass red barrier blocking your path

How's the game looking? I've not been on top of things, but I am interested in giving it a go.

Last time I heard this was an Open World game set after some sort of apocalypse/collapse in the US. Players would scrounge around in squads looking for resources, fighting NPC's and Players for control of certain objectives.

funo

So the pre-load is up? Is it up across the board or only PC/PS4/Xbone?

Xbone only, rest will be up on March 6th

How's the game looking? I've not been on top of things, but I am interested in giving it a go.

Last time I heard this was an Open World game set after some sort of apocalypse/collapse in the US. Players would scrounge around in squads looking for resources, fighting NPC's and Players for control of certain objectives.

This is still correct.
- Dollar Flu wipes out New York
- couple of parties fight for supremacy (Cleaners, Last Man Battalion, Joint Task Force)
- The Division (us!) get sent in to Make Manhattan Great Again

- 3rd Person Cover Shooter with many RPG elements, Skills, Talents, Perks, Gear Modifications
- Teamwork and coop is recommended, huge PVP Zone in middle of map (Dark Zone) where you fight NPCs and other players over loot
- most notably: Red Pandas everywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom