• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG HELP ME IT'S IN GERMAN!!

WHAT DOES IT SAY!??

*ahem* I mean..

Could someone elaborate/translate on the DLC's shown?

hizrk0r.png

I got chu fam
(Not mine)

ryanofcall

OMG HELP ME IT'S IN GERMAN!!

WHAT DOES IT SAY!??

CcoOKDiWEAAWTbI.jpg:large

*ahem* I mean..

Could someone elaborate/translate on the DLC's shown?
Continue your agents journey with:
3 huge downloadable contents

Dlc 1:underground
Dlc 2: Survival
Dlc 3: last stand

Sawed-off shotgun

Complete set with additional items. Clothing and weapon skins.

Monthly content: in-game events and exclusive content

The season starts in march.

EL CUCO

Banking on them selling season pass seperatly post launch
Season pass is already available for pre order.
Season pass is already being sold separately on Amazon UK

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tom-Clancys-Division-Season-account/dp/B01BXLYYCY/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1457018377&sr=8-3&keywords=the+division+season+pass

Can you not buy a season pass separately in the US?
Yea it's up on PSN. I know Amazon has it up as well, not sure if it's already available for PC tho

As I mentioned before, the first DLC's name and image bears a strong resemblance to a mission we saw in the first E3 trailer.

https://youtu.be/njLh9mFNyDo?t=2m10s

It's assumed that at least some of these DLCs will also expand on the playable area, but I think nothing is officially confirmed thus far.

I thought the same thing with the DLC and first 2013 trailer (i think it was 2013?). Seems like it could be Destiny-esq by pushing back on initially shown stuff into later DLC thus extending the day-one-vision to something more profitable with a higher benefit to cost ratio for the developer and publisher. Cant blame them though that's business!

I'm excited to see what these 3 DLC's include in terms of new playable areas. However, I was originally really hoping to see the DLC's as medium-large area expansions of the other boroughs.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
What's the breakdown of platforms people are on?

One thing I hated about the destiny OT, as an Xbone player, was that it was largely PS4 players. We wanted our own community thread for Xbox but the mods wouldn't allow it.

PC here, and I'll be gimping myself half of the time by playing with controller on TV, I hope they kept the same aim assist that was in the beta, that was pretty perfect (still no match for a good KB+M'er though...).

E-flux

Just pre ordered myself the gold edition for 70€, hopefully the servers won't be like your typical mmo or Diablo 3 launch.

Deku Tree

For Destiny, The Dark Below and House of Wolves were $20 each (or $35 together) and they were called "expansions" and everyone hated on Bungie because it was not "expansion sized" content. Then The Taken King came along for $40 and that was called a "large expansion".

For the division all the three DLC together are $40 and they are each called three "large expansions". I wonder how big they will be...

Klyka

Banned
For Destiny, The Dark Below and House of Wolves were $20 each (or $35 together) and they were called "expansions" and everyone hated on Bungie because it was not "expansion sized" content. Then The Taken King came along for $40 and that was called a "large expansion".

For the division all the three DLC together are $40 and they are each called three "large expansions". I wonder how big they will be...

2 weapons, 1 new mission and some vanity items each ;)

Damn you GAF for raising the hype in me.

Promised myself to never ever bite the bullet too soon since Destiny.

Must... resist.... hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng...

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
So DGAF, does it matter if I buy this on Steam vs Uplay? Can you link your Uplay account for friends etc to Steam? I think I recall a dev saying this was 100% functional but can't find the quote.

I ask as it's $10NZD cheaper on Uplay here in NZ for the Gold Edition :)

Kane1345

Damn you GAF for raising the hype in me.

Promised myself to never ever bite the bullet too soon since Destiny.

Must... resist.... hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng...

If you wanted to resist then you wouldn't be in this thread. This is the WORST thread to visit if you don't want to give in.

Give in.....

Do it.....

Klyka

Banned
So DGAF, does it matter if I buy this on Steam vs Uplay? Can you link your Uplay account for friends etc to Steam? I think I recall a dev saying this was 100% functional but can't find the quote.

yes on uplay you link your steam account and it imports all your friends

Tecnniqe

Banned

Steam runs uPlay and uPlay features a Steam Friend Import feature so really, pick whichever you want.
5 more sleeps

Ugh+that+would+be+so+difficult+to+clean+up+it+_3bb1e3e06f75e8f1c04ad5e42c616c9f.gif

LifEndz

What would you guys (and gals) be happy with? I think 3-4 missions, new weapons, clothing etc and maybe new dark zone objectives would be fine.

Still holding out hope for something equivalent to a raid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom