• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bold One

Downloading now here in Finland.

Ocy1yxol.jpg

it takes you 72 minutes?!!!

that took me a day

i1Jj1gG.gif

Tovarisc

Yeah, it was perfect outside the DZ. For my friend he said he had it too, but he said sometimes it stopped, and then randomly came back.

I have no idea if it happened in the closed beta cuz I played that on PS4 and never experienced this issue once. I want the game on XB1 because I'd have more friends to play with, but if this is a platform-specific bug I don't know if I can risk it.

Tomorrow we will be wiser when all platforms get on.

Yeah, it was perfect outside the DZ. For my friend he said he had it too, but he said sometimes it stopped, and then randomly came back.

I have no idea if it happened in the closed beta cuz I played that on PS4 and never experienced this issue once. I want the game on XB1 because I'd have more friends to play with, but if this is a platform-specific bug I don't know if I can risk it.

When I played CBT, I didn't experience that, just very minor screen tearing which I didn't notice till I read the CBT thread. So might be a build issue, I'm sure they'll look into it if ppl let me know.

Also, is there a GAF community for the X1?

Bolivar687

Banned
How are PC folks getting together? Was thinking about creating a Steam group but the game runs completely through UPlay for everyone, no?

Steam: Bolivar
Uplay: Bolivar687

Craziest thing about the server problems is I had to watch the unskippable three minute intro movie and THEN it told me the server had problems. Had to watch the whole thing again, and then got in.

Tainted

Are they doing the daily maintenance shit again for the open beta?

Was so annoying last time as the Australian Timezone was peak playing time.

Yep...in the closed beta servers went down 6pm-11pm on a Saturday night or something close to it. Pretty much killed my chances of playing with some specific mates at the time, as that was their only chance.

I foresee something similar happening again

Hawk269

Quickest is to trouble tap the guide button then press Y I think or is it X? One of those buttons. Not as quick as ps4 but yeah.

Or you can buy the official chat pad and program the keyboards X1 & X2 for whatever you want. Many use X1/X2 for Screen shot or to go to the dashboard. Makes it really easy for screen shots since it is a one button push and done.

WarMacheen

How many times do I need to watch this fucking tutorial on how basic goddamn gameplay works. I mean this isn't rocket science

Ffs you can't even skip it.

Hawk269

I get an error every time I try to connect on Xbox One..

Odd. I am in California and my Wife was able to log right in with no issues just a few minutes ago. We played earlier and no issues with servers that we encountered. Game seems a little cleaner than in Closed Beta to both of us. We both played Alpha and CB and big improvement from Alpha to CB and with the 1.1 beta it just seems like it is a bit more polished than what we remember.

I have a favour to ask:

Does anybody have a 24 hour Xbox live code going spare? If you do could you pm me please.

I stupidly downloaded the beta on my Xbox and not my PS4, I totally forgot I didn't have gold, would like to try this game out online. I would be very greatful.

I have a favour to ask:

Does anybody have a 24 hour Xbox live code going spare? If you do could you pm me please.

I stupidly downloaded the beta on my Xbox and not my PS4, I totally forgot I didn't have gold, would like to try this game out online. I would be very greatful.

I thought you didn't need gold to play this?

Ok, those server problem reports aren't looking too good.
Meanwhile, PC and PS4 players haven't got in the beta yet. I hope they have separate servers for each platform.

Cracklox

I'm sorta interested in this. Sucka for loot games. However 1 main question that will be a big factor. I read the OP, but not the rest of the thread so apologies if this has been covered ad nauseam.

How PvP orientated is the game? Is there enough PvE (solo and /or co-op) to be able to get by? Or is partaking in PvP the main focus, and therefore the best way to progress. I love co-op in games, but PvP isn't really for me so its kinda important to know. Thanks

I'm sorta interested in this. Sucka for loot games. However 1 main question that will be a big factor. I read the OP, but not the rest of the thread so apologies if this has been covered ad nauseam.

How PvP orientated is the game? Is there enough PvE (solo and /or co-op) to be able to get by? Or is partaking in PvP the main focus, and therefore the best way to progress. I love co-op in games, but PvP isn't really for me so its kinda important to know. Thanks

I'd say it's PvE focused, but the PvP has an unique flavor that brings a lot of tension. You could theoretically go into the DarkZone and never exchange bullets with other players, that's the beauty of it.

I don't even know what that means. lol Not really familiar with these different time metrics. I am assuming it unlocks in 10 hours?

Thanks anyway. :p

That's 'T minus 10 hours', so yes your intuition is correct.

Tovarisc

Dark Zone (isolated zone from rest of the map) is games PvEvP area and according devs player never needs to go there if the player doesn't want to. Endgame gear will be available inside and outside of DZ and they will be talking about PvE endgame before release. So going into DZ and doing PvEvP is optional and not only focus for endgame.

Also basically everything has matchmaking slapped on to it. Want do some hard missions? Matchmaking is there to give you some PUG friends. Decide to give DZ go and need team? Matchmaking is there again.

Edit:
I don't even know what that means. lol Not really familiar with these different time metrics. I am assuming it unlocks in 10 hours?

Thanks anyway. :p

Yeah, 10h from now. 1PM CET.

Tawpgun

Omg. Team of 3 ganked me for no reason, stole my shitty green vest I accidentally picked up, and then a whole bunch of people on the server team up and kill them, I steal some of their blues in addition to their rogue bounties.

Get fucked idiots!

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Omg. Team of 3 ganked me for no reason, stole my shitty green vest I accidentally picked up, and then a whole bunch of people on the server team up and kill them, I steal some of their blues in addition to their rogue bounties.

Get fucked idiots!

DZ. Soo good. It's like drugs.

Cracklox

I'd say it's PvE focused, but the PvP has an unique flavor that brings a lot of tension. You could theoretically go into the DarkZone and never exchange bullets with other players, that's the beauty of it.

Thanks

Dark Zone (isolated zone from rest of the map) is games PvEvP area and according devs player never needs to go there if the player doesn't want to. Endgame gear will be available inside and outside of DZ and they will be talking about PvE endgame before release. So going into DZ and doing PvEvP is optional and not only focus for endgame.

Also basically everything has matchmaking slapped on to it. Want do some hard missions? Matchmaking is there to give you some PUG friends. Decide to give DZ go and need team? Matchmaking is there again.

And thanks.

This...... probably wasn't the answer I was expecting. Now I think I might need to have a look, but so many other things to get through first. Or maybe they can wait....

1st world probs and all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom