• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ironcreed

Banned
The Dark Zone is a whole new ball of wax. Intense as hell, but luckily I have mostly ran into cool people and we help each other extract loot. Yet you never know when someone might turn on you and it adds to the suspense.

I haven't gotten a chance to do DZ stuff yet. Can someone give me a super quick idea of how it actually works? Like, how many people do you need to play with? Is it going to be like Destiny, where you need to find people via an LFG site to get anything significant done?

Tovarisc

Is the game good/fun?

For those who tried the beta so far

Depends. Do you like loot, cosmetic items, shooting things, exploring detailed environment and doing some shenanigans in PvEvP environment where anyone can be your enemy? If to some or all answer is "Yes" give open beta try.

I like Destiny, I like Diablo 3 etc. and had absolute blast with closed beta of Division.

Starviper

I haven't gotten a chance to do DZ stuff yet. Can someone give me a super quick idea of how it actually works? Like, how many people do you need to play with? Is it going to be like Destiny, where you need to find people via an LFG site to get anything significant done?

This video someone posted a bit earlier gives a pretty good general idea of how chaotic it can be. Keep in mind the only way to extract any items found in the DZ is via Helicopter due to contamination

https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=...B283F1!482&parId=593DC819ADB283F1!481&o=OneUp

jorgejjvr

Very. Fun encounters, it looks and runs great and can get very addictive fast. Some great sound and effects as well.
Is this an online only game?

Coop? Single player campaign?

What's the premise? We team up to do objectives, and kill others online along the way?

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
So the High-End weapons from the safe house this time around are an AK-47 and an RPK.

Russian pride Beta

Barakov

What's the premise? We team up to do objectives, and kill others online along the way?

1.) Yes
2.) Yes to both.
3.) Something bad happened in Manhattan and everything has gone to shit. You're part of the group the President has sent in to salvage what remains. You can team up to do objectives but PvP only happens in the dark zone.

ironcreed

Banned

It's online, but very single player friendly. The only time I have ran into the others is when I entered the Dark Zone area that is designated for PvE and PvP if you choose to go rouge, attack others and steal their loot. This area is also where the best items are.

They have. Every platform have their own dedicated servers for the game.

Alright, that's good to hear then.

It's online only, and you can still play solo for everything. But it's highly advised to play with groups. Some content will be too overwhelming to solo.

It's always online. You can play solo if you want, but the focus is on co-op I'd say. Play missions, complete side objectives or venture into the DarkZone for some PvEvP madness. Outside of the DarkZone, and that's the majority of the map, the game will be PvE only.

There's a lot of information on the story online, watch some of the official videos if you want to know more about the backstory.

witness

Played for about 3 hours tonight all co op with a buddy. Fun game, looks great and runs very smooth. I can see how it would be addicting. Though it did not grab me as a day 1 purchase for myself and my friend. We both settled on its a game we will get, eventually. Might be a great summer game.

Dead

well not really...yet
Played a few hours earlier with a buddy. Was pretty entertaining. The atmosphere and art direction us is on point.

Explored a bunch of New York today, didn't know it was packed so dense. I found a lot more loot this time around in the PvE zone, so that concern is resolved. Definitely gonna pick up the Gold Edition of this, it's won me over.

Jonboy

Just looking at the videos, the overall TTK seems excessive. Is that intentional?

Edit: I should add I haven't paid much attention to the game up until this point. Like a lot of what I'm hearing but in these videos, it seems like it takes forever to kill someone.

Quick question. I can have people shoot at me on purpose and only get an orange exclamation point above their head. But the minute I shoot back I go rogue. What the hell?!

Cake Boss

Banned
Just played this. Surprise of the year for me for how much fun it is. Great visuals and a world that they built here, great gunplay, good controls and addicting loot.

I just need to try out some co-op.

This has turned to into an instance buy even though it wasn't even on my radar a month ago or even 6 hours ago.

Tovarisc

Just looking at the videos, the overall TTK seems excessive. Is that intentional?

Edit: I should add I haven't paid much attention to the game up until this point. Like a lot of what I'm hearing but in these videos, it seems like it takes forever to kill someone.

Normal enemies go down fast, elite/boss guys with armor can take beating to the face and players are quite fast to kill if you get opening to unload on them. Also weapon type has impact on this, SMG's are more likely to do critical hits than AR's etc.

TTK is intentional.

Quick question. I can have people shoot at me on purpose and only get an orange exclamation point above their head. But the minute I shoot back I go rogue. What the hell?!

He baited you and you went for it.

So basically what happened is that he shot you with low damage dealing weapon, tagging you into combat stance and game told you that he dealt damage to you. Thing is that player doesn't turn rogue until he has dealt certain amount of damage to you, there is threshold at X damage. You taking his bait and firing back caused so much damage to him that you went past that threshold => game flags you as rogue and he gets to kill you off.

I don't know. I played this for about two hours with a friend this evening, and it seems super boring. It isn't aggressively bad or anything, but there was nothing that sprung out as being worth my time. The world is exceptionally detailed, but I felt like I was spending a lot of time just running to the next mission objective, and then the mission was either "shoot these guys" or "watch this echo."

Unless this gets overwhelmingly positive reviews when it releases, there's no way I'm going to buy it.

I don't know. I played this for about two hours with a friend this evening, and it seems super boring. It isn't aggressively bad or anything, but there was nothing that sprung out as being worth my time. The world is exceptionally detailed, but I felt like I was spending a lot of time just running to the next mission objective, and then the mission was either "shoot these guys" or "watch this echo."

Unless this gets overwhelmingly positive reviews when it releases, there's no way I'm going to buy it.

How did you like the DarkZone?

Joba62x

Neo Member
How do I use consumables like water and Incendiary bullets? I checked the controller setup but don't see a button.

Is it possible to sell appearance items? I thought I saw a value when picking one up and can't seem to sell them.

Is there an easy way to cancel a grenade after selecting it ? I've been hitting options to bring up the menu then hitting B to cancel the menu which brings the gun back up but there has to be a less clunky way to put a grenade away.

M.W.

How do I use consumables like water and Incendiary bullets? I checked the controller setup but don't see a button.

Is it possible to sell appearance items? I thought I saw a value when picking one up and can't seem to sell them.

I believe you hold right on the dpad

mosdl

There is a dmg threshold to becoming rogue. Orange means they damaged a player but not enough to go rogue.

So basically you need to wait for their name to go red.

Tecnniqe

Banned
I've never seen cars look like this. Is this area out of the map? Assets not loading?

Troll post.

This is a problem with asset texture streaming. Not a downgrade.

dude the downgrade really bothers you. You were in the alpha thread posting stuff just like this.

it doesn't seem to be a problem for most of the people around here. Maybe just move on?
Eh? Wtf you on about panda? I've defended the game, I posted this as a joke on the downgrade.

Holy shit people, lol.

Jamaro85

Alright this was pretty fun. http://1drv.ms/1mKUdO1

Omg. Team of 3 ganked me for no reason, stole my shitty green vest I accidentally picked up, and then a whole bunch of people on the server team up and kill them, I steal some of their blues in addition to their rogue bounties.

Get fucked idiots!

Love it.

How often are you guys finding yourselves being turned on by strangers you group up with in the DZ? I am loving the tension factor that it brings, but I wonder how frustrating it will be if I'm often partnering up with randoms. I'm curious as to how difficult it is to survive for someone flagged as rogue and I hope it is arduous enough to make them think really hard before turning.

mosdl

Love it.

How often are you guys finding yourselves being turned on by strangers you group up with in the DZ? I am loving the tension factor that it brings, but I wonder how frustrating it will be if I'm often partnering up with randoms. I'm curious as to how difficult it is to survive for someone flagged as rogue and I hope it is arduous enough to make them think really hard before turning.

In the closed beta I never had teammates turn on me. Usually if a group goes rogue the other players will hunt them down, so its going to be difficult. Its the reason why if you leave a group you get kicked out of the instance, to make sure there aren't any friend groups larger than 4 in an instance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom