• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was kinda bored and I like The Division Red Panda GAF.

SeaJKzy.png

E-flux

What would you guys (and gals) be happy with? I think 3-4 missions, new weapons, clothing etc and maybe new dark zone objectives would be fine.

Still holding out hope for something equivalent to a raid.

That would be way too little for a "large expansion" if they want to call them large expansions they should all contain at least a raid, some content that has some longevity. Those two destiny expansions were absolutely horrible and they basically offered what you just wanted, except the first dlc gave us the worst raid in the game, which was also the easiest and quickest.

catspit

Curious why play more than one character if it's just 1 person playing.. It's not like destiny where you choose a class and that's that. You can respec/have multiple sets of gear.. If anything I guess just use other character slots as item banks?

Tawpgun

What would you guys (and gals) be happy with? I think 3-4 missions, new weapons, clothing etc and maybe new dark zone objectives would be fine.

More than 3-4 missions. I want new locations, new "mechanics" or items. The missions aren't all that long

EL CUCO

For Destiny, The Dark Below and House of Wolves were $20 each (or $35 together) and they were called "expansions" and everyone hated on Bungie because it was not "expansion sized" content. Then The Taken King came along for $40 and that was called a "large expansion".

For the division all the three DLC together are $40 and they are each called three "large expansions". I wonder how big they will be...
Destiny has always had a special kind of hate tho, mainly because of how big Bungie portrayed the game to be. To add to that, the couple of Destiny "expansion" missions and strikes mostly consisted of running through same areas backwards or were just small areas that were cut and blocked out from the main game. I mean, we just heard not too long ago about how even TTK was also originally set to be in it. Normally it wouldn't be a big deal but its been kinda snowballing on Bungie for a while now.

Hopefully Ubi/Massive can learn from those mistakes and delivery a new and fresh experience with each DLC.

Definitely hoping for a Raid. At the very least everything you mentioned within a new playable space. Doesn't have to be huge, just new. Also if they add an H1Z1-BR like mode I'll be one happy Panda

Deku Tree

Destiny has always had a special kind of hate tho, mainly because of how big Bungie portrayed the game to be. To add to that, the couple of Destiny "expansion" missions and strikes mostly consisted of running through same areas backwards or were just small areas that were cut and blocked out from the main game. I mean, we just heard not too long ago about how even TTK was also originally set to be in it. Normally it wouldn't be a big deal but its been kinda snowballing on Bungie for a while now.

Hopefully Ubi/Massive can learn from those mistakes and delivery a new and fresh experience with each DLC.

You think the Division Expansions will add new locations? Or just be new missions with the same enemies set in the same NYC map?

Pandy

Curious why play more than one character if it's just 1 person playing.. It's not like destiny where you choose a class and that's that. You can respec/have multiple sets of gear.. If anything I guess just use other character slots as item banks?
I'm expecting to run at least a second, if not a third, character so that when my buddies with less gaming time are online we can run the DZ together without being split-up due to my main character bring over-levelled.

I'm expecting to run at least a second, if not a third, character so that when my buddies with less gaming time are online we can run the DZ together without being split-up due to my main character bring over-levelled.

Lower leveled players can actually join the higher player brackets via group management.

Quazar

If that's what expansions come down to, I'd quit. :)

EL CUCO

You think the Division Expansions will add new locations? Or just be new missions with the same enemies set in the same NYC map?
I hope they can expand on the map a bit. I'm not very familiar with NYC but from what I've heard there's still alot of interesting places they can visit with DLC.

deoee

If that's what expansions come down to, I'd quit. :)

Don't forget those are 3 expansions in one year so I can't see how there will be an expansion like in the past where they added tons of new stuff but that also took 12-18 months to release.

My bet would be Central Park, Central Station (is there even one) and some southern part because Statue of Liberty

Pandy

Lower leveled players can actually join the higher player brackets via group management.
Oh, nice one. I'd missed that!

I'd probably still run a second character if I got too high above them, but it's good to know that if they're just a level or two short of my bracket then they can step up. Cheers for the info.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Multiplayer? Check
Online? Check
Battle? Check
Arena? Check
The Division confirmed MOBA

Why?
Manhattan is built into a bunch of lanes, which also happens to feature creeps and police towers.

Tovarisc

The Division’s epidemic-ravaged streets will be yours to explore when it launches on March 8, but the experience won’t end there. For starters, as you match wits with vicious gangs and try to restore order to Manhattan, you’ll be able to pursue new daily and weekly missions, as well as Dark Zone events that will potentially put you in the crosshairs of Rogue Agents.

Additionally, two free updates, available to all players, will hit in the months following launch. Beginning in April, the Incursions update will add an endgame activity designed for squad play, challenging teams of four players to face nigh-unstoppable enemies for high-level loot. Also coming with the Incursions update is loot trading. Players in the same squad will be able to trade loot that’s collected during their co-op game session. The Conflict update will follow in May, adding new Dark Zone feature and an incursion into New York’s Columbus Circle.

Three paid expansions are also planned throughout the year, and will be available to players with a Season Pass or to those who buy the Gold or Collector’s Edition of the game. In June, the Underground expansion will send you to hunt enemies in the vast mazes of tunnels and subways that run under Manhattan. Underground will be followed by Survival later in the summer, which will challenge you to survive for as long as possible in a very hostile environment while gathering supplies and equipment. Finally, Last Stand will arrive along with winter, challenging players with a new, relentless threat.
http://blog.ubi.com/the-division-post-launch-plans-and-dlc-revealed/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_qUtFkdPEk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom