• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawk269

Got a chance to play the new mission and man is it really good. Pretty tough as well. I did go in Solo at Level 5 and it took me a while to beat it. Kept getting killed in the final room, but eventually earned the victory. The Boss was a bitch however, but running away and shooting him at a distance is what got me through it.

Beating the new Mission unlocked a portion of the Tech Wing which gives you the little Turret and I ventured out and found a pretty large group of enemies that were about a level or 2 above me. Planted the turret in the center of the street and it surprisingly did a lot of damage.

Really loving the game and I personally have had zero connection/server issues during the day today, so feel like I have been lucky since many others have had some issues. Is it me or is the slight tearing in the closed beta completely gone now? Seems to run pretty smooth and have not had framerate or tearing issues at all so far. Was able to get to Level 6 and also did some DZ, but only had a short amount of time, but the folks in my server were pretty good guys and let others extract and helped kill off AI. so a good night tonight!

parcali

Neo Member
I don't know. I played this for about two hours with a friend this evening, and it seems super boring. It isn't aggressively bad or anything, but there was nothing that sprung out as being worth my time. The world is exceptionally detailed, but I felt like I was spending a lot of time just running to the next mission objective, and then the mission was either "shoot these guys" or "watch this echo."

Unless this gets overwhelmingly positive reviews when it releases, there's no way I'm going to buy it.
same here.
not allowed to move cam while ladder climbing up or down ??
not allowed to look around on ladders? no jump? or ability to fall some areas, movement seems limited to me.
waiting for DS3...
edit: on xbox one looks good but controls are bad and feel like restricted too much.

FLAguy954

I thought they upgraded to 60/10 nationwide?

I just checked and I do have 60/10 :p.

I have been with AT&T DSL (at fucking 5/0.5) for so long that my recent upgrade to Charter (everyone in the neighborhood basically dropped AT&T) is like another planet speed wise.

Melchiah

it takes you 72 minutes?!!!

that took me a day

i1Jj1gG.gif

Heh, that's the speed I usually get on my 100/10 connection. The PSN network test gives me 60-65Mbps. It's a pretty good increase from the PS3 days of 35-40Mbps.

Unfortunately, I'll still have to wait until the evening, before I can play the beta.

The Dark Zone is the PvP-enabled area populated with enemies and other players. The reason it’s PvP-enabled and not strictly labeled as a PvP zone is pretty simple: you ultimately make the choice whether to engage in PvP or not. As you probably have seen by now, most squads in the Dark Zone are there because they want to get some of the better loot in the game.

I really dislike the fact they gated better loot in the PVP zone, just like Destiny with Crucible events. Not to mention, that some jackass can take your loot from you. It makes me want to avoid the area.

cresto

These server issues are crippling the game. All I wanted to do was run through the fucking subway mission. The mission literally broke midway and now I can't get back in. Good thing these issues are cropping up now and not in launch day

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Has anyone else experienced constant stuttering while running through the DZ?

deoee

Depends.

Really it's only 30 minutes? BUT THERE ARE A MILLION DIFFERENT WAYS TO DO IT THOUGH! AH HA!

Checkmate SJRB!

Oh if it's only 30 minutes I allow you 2 plays of the Hitman beta!
Or keep it unplayed in case the Division servers fuck up at one point!

Depends.

Really it's only 30 minutes? BUT THERE ARE A MILLION DIFFERENT WAYS TO DO IT THOUGH! AH HA!

Checkmate SJRB!

I had more fun with the Hitman beta and played it much longer than the closed beta for this. This game just feels very safe and generic but I understand the appeal to people who love looting and grinding. The Dark Zone is the best part of the game but it's not really suited for solo players (though you can play it, just be aware of griefing). To me, this is a game best played with a dedicated group of friends like Destiny.

Tecnniqe

Banned
I had more fun with the Hitman beta and played it much longer than the closed beta for this. This game just feels very safe and generic but I understand the appeal to people who love looting and grinding. The Dark Zone is the best part of the game but it's not really suited for solo players (though you can play it, just be aware of griefing). To me, this is a game best played with a dedicated group of friends like Destiny.
Every game is better with a group of friends.

But at least this have matchmaking.

Smash88

Banned

I played the Closed Beta. It definitely is a group of friends type of game. This will scratch my Destiny itch, since we don't have a Destiny-esque game on PC. Plus I always enjoyed games somewhat similar to this (i.e. Borderlands).

I'm hearing good things about the new Hitman and I already sunk 20+ hours in the Closed Beta, so I'm a bit more excited for that. Plus I don't want to get burned out The Division before release.

Oh if it's only 30 minutes I allow you 2 plays of the Hitman beta!
Or keep it unplayed in case the Division servers fuck up at one point!

ONLY 2! I don't like you anymore. :(

Go into the Dark Zone and am greeted with A HUGE CLUSTERFUCK

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Tawpgun/video/14920443

Did they beef up the turret? It looks crazy hard to kill versus the early gameplay footage. That turret might be scary good down alleyways when you are on defense.

Every game is better with a group of friends.

But at least this have matchmaking.

That's true but the point I was making is that this game only maintains its fun WITH friends as the interactions and teamwork will propel you through the boring parts. If you're doing the same thing over and over again as a solo player or with randoms, I don't see the same longevity.

The base building looks neat and I'm sure there are some surprises, so I'll reserve final judgement after it releases.

I'm hearing good things about the new Hitman and I already sunk 20+ hours in the Closed Beta, so I'm a bit more excited for that. Plus I don't want to get burned out The Division before release.

If you're a fan of the classic titles and can look past various bugs and technical issues, I'd say you'll have fun with it.

Has anyone else experienced constant stuttering while running through the DZ?

YES

Why is no one else bringing this up?

The game runs perfectly fine outside of the DZ, but the moment I get in there, the frames seem to "hiccup" every couple of seconds while sprinting around, with a little bit of screen tearing. It gets annoying

Trouble

Banned
Well, I figured I'd give it a shot again just to confirm.

The DZ has the worst possible PVP mechanics I've seen in a AAA game's multiplayer component. They can fuck right off with that legitimized griefing bullshit. If the best gear in the launch game is in the DZ their player numbers are going to fucking plummet a few weeks after launch.

Aselith

Strip away the online, it feels like a subpar and shallow third person shooter. Add the online aspect to it, it feels like playing a subpar and shallow third person shooter with someone.

Nothing interests me about it. The loot, the mod, etc. think Destiny has burned me out on this type of design.

Probably not for you then. :( we all have our faults.

Well, I figured I'd give it a shot again just to confirm.

The DZ has the worst possible PVP mechanics I've seen in a AAA game's multiplayer component. They can fuck right off with that legitimized griefing bullshit. If the best gear in the launch game is in the DZ their player numbers are going to fucking plummet a few weeks after launch.

Is it confirmed that the best gear will be only obtainable in the DZ?

Tecnniqe

Banned
Strip away the online, it feels like a subpar and shallow third person shooter. Add the online aspect to it, it feels like playing a subpar and shallow third person shooter with someone.

Nothing interests me about it. The loot, the mod, etc. think Destiny has burned me out on this type of design.
Subtracting a core component of the game does make it worse, of course.
I disagree with everything else. Feels really tight on PC.

Maybe it just isnt your kind of game.

Raide

PC version up and running yet? Would like to try it and see how it performs on my PC. Trying to choose between XB or PC version. :D

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I have a feeling I'm gonna try this on PC and not want to go back to console, where a majority of my friends will be playing.

Lucifon

YES

Why is no one else bringing this up?

The game runs perfectly fine outside of the DZ, but the moment I get in there, the frames seem to "hiccup" every couple of seconds while sprinting around, with a little bit of screen tearing. It gets annoying

Yes! I wondered this too. It was an issue in the closed beta and it's still an issues. Really frustrating having the game constantly stuttering. Seems worse in busier areas. Any word on them sorting this?

packy34

Yes! I wondered this too. It was an issue in the closed beta and it's still an issues. Really frustrating having the game constantly stuttering. Seems worse in busier areas. Any word on them sorting this?

Never had this issue on PC in the closed beta. Could be specific to (a) console(s). Could also possibly be your connection.

idonteven

huh ? :p im pretty sure i saw 10 cet a few days ago when i started up the divsion to see the times on ps4

damn now i got to wait until im back from work :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom