• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ktroopa

i redownloaded the closed beta on PS4 but can see no sign of the patch that brings it up to date and makes it the open beta. is this out yet in the UK? ive also tried the division via the PSN store and it starts but says servers offline. so what am i doing wrong?

Maddanth

i redownloaded the closed beta on PS4 but can see no sign of the patch that brings it up to date and makes it the open beta. is this out yet in the UK? ive also tried the division via the PSN store and it starts but says servers offline. so what am i doing wrong?
I believe it starts at 7am eastern time

deoee

thanks guys, well it looks like it patched and i didnt notice :eek: guess i wait some more!

The wait... We all waited so long and it'S finally over today

rebecca-black-friday-4.gif

Rocketz

Ha. I think the server went down early for me. My game just totally froze in the DZ. No crash or anything so I don't know what is up what that. I was just looking to ride it out anyway till it went down.

I played the new mission and got to use the deployable turret so I'm satisfied. This was 3rd time playing alpha/beta's of this so I wasn't looking to do much.

finalflame

Dark Zone performance tonight was terrible. Lagging, async issues, and stuttering. Hoping this is isolated to XBO as I'll be playing on PS4 starting tomorrow and for the foreseeable future.

deoee

FROM THE FIRST POST:

Q: What time does the Beta start at?
A: The Beta for Xbox One users will start on Thursday, Feb 18 - 10am CET | 4am EST | 1am PST. The Beta for PC/PS4 users will start on Friday, Feb 19 - 1pm CET | 7am EST | 4am PST.

I played a bunch tonight, seemed pretty cool and then I got funnelled into the Darkzone, and it's not very solo friendly, I had a bunch of loots, called in the chopper and got zerged by npcs so I slowly picked them off called another chopper, and then the gang of local kill happy guys came around and murdered me for my stuff. I kept at it though so tomorrow when I go back I have some nice blue guns with much better mods.

I gave it a try with my wife and she said it was too slow paced and tactical =/ on the bright side that means I won't need to buy dlc twice, but it feels so much better playing with a partner so you don't get boxed in or ambushed.

I also don't really know how to gauge the game's scale, it seems to have lots of vertical scale depending on the buildings or subway which is neat.

The loot addiction happened already, just like diablo lol so hopefully there's good replay value and randomized events and missions to keep it interesting. Dark zone has it's own tension, but I can see smaller groups getting farmed out by rogues.

Graphics on xbox one are sorta hit and miss, on one hand things are really atmospheric but it feels blurry almost at times, and there was lots of pop in for mid objects. It's hard to explain, it looks almost like 720p on objects near yet far edges appear 1080p it's as if things up close are being hit with way too much AA or a something. Depending on the time of day and weather though the game can go from drab to almost photo realistic. Load times were good, and no frame drops that I encountered so far.

I'd preorder it now if I knew how in depth content would be etc, but so far I am impressed.

Edit: i just read it uses dynamic resolution scaling on xbox one according to a few sites, so that explains the weird blur effect I was seeing sometimes

Damn I didn't realize you could turn off CA and tweak AA, I bet with CA off and less aggressive AA things would look much crisper.

ekim

The game is not for me. The combat felt like a chore already in the first real mission
(where you have to rescue that doctor)
and I sighed when I went up the elevator and came in a big room with lots of covers. I can't really describe it but spongy enemies combined with cover shooting is just no fun at all. Setting and graphics are really good though as well as the general atmosphere. Maybe I give it another try this weekend.

Cracklox

Ok so after reading the OP properly and realising this is a free trial, I caved and its on the DL now for PS4. My slowass internet prob won't get it till tomorrow, but pretty keen to check it out either way. I hadn't planned on buying it, but I'm now totally open to that idea pending how this weekend goes. Gunna close a shitload of doors at the very least

I assume there is some sort of clan equivalent? No Gaf clan yet? Or maybe something that isn't enabled till full release?

knitoe

So for people who were in the last beta, does the PC version support SLI?
Cheers.

CB did not support SLI, however they boasted about mGPU support for the full game if I'm not mistaken.
I got SLI to work in the previous beta, but it was bugged. You had to disable local reflections, restart the game, and then, it worked, but the next time you play, you might have to do it all over again. I'll know if it's fixed when the PC version comes online.

Anyone know if the PS4 client for the closed beta will work with this one? I loaded it up last night and it launched with the start times, just don't want to be surprised with a big patch when it goes live.

Woo-Fu

Banned
. I can't really describe it but spongy enemies combined with cover shooting is just no fun at all. Setting and graphics are really good though as well as the general atmosphere. Maybe I give it another try this weekend.

Their heads aren't spongy at all.

In last beta once I had a bolt-action rifle and focused on headshots the PvE content felt like an entirely different game.

Game is much better than I expected it to be.

Good looking game, impressive IQ throughout and runs pretty smooth for the most part.

Enjoyed getting loot drops, searching for things like the phone calls and generally getting immersed in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom