• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess this just means vanity items are only being sold in bundles...?

Edit - Reading the rest of the article it just seems like they're kind of trying to avoid the word "microtransactions", haha. Whatever, I think players in general probably would prefer the option to have cosmetic microtransactions.

They aren't micro, because you have to buy them in bulk...

deoee

18 h to OT HYPE
AU7Amsc.gif
AU7Amsc.gif
AU7Amsc.gif
AU7Amsc.gif
AU7Amsc.gif
AU7Amsc.gif
AU7Amsc.gif
AU7Amsc.gif
AU7Amsc.gif
AU7Amsc.gif
AU7Amsc.gif

Gryph

I guess this just means vanity items are only being sold in bundles...?

Edit - Reading the rest of the article it just seems like they're kind of trying to avoid the word "microtransactions", haha. Whatever, I think players in general probably would prefer the option to have cosmetic microtransactions.

This is all just a stupid semantics thing. Originally micro-transactions referred to small money online transactions .99 or less. Then people started using the term to describe the purchase of in game currency, then it just become a term for small DLC purchases.

No one can agree on what the term means anymore but because it has a negative stigma Ubi wants to avoid it.

18 h to OT HYPE
AU7Amsc.gif
AU7Amsc.gif
AU7Amsc.gif
AU7Amsc.gif
AU7Amsc.gif
AU7Amsc.gif
AU7Amsc.gif
AU7Amsc.gif
AU7Amsc.gif
AU7Amsc.gif
AU7Amsc.gif

I'm so excited! I just can't hide it!

This is all just a stupid semantics thing. Originally micro-transactions referred to small money online transactions .99 or less. Then people started using the term to describe the purchase of in game currency, then it just become a term for small DLC purchases.

No one can agree on what the term means anymore but because it has a negative stigma Ubi wants to avoid it.

I'm so excited! I just can't hide it!

No saved by the bell gif?

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Watching Contagion and the plot is centered around Minneapolis.

200w.gif

Shit, I live there! I'm screwed.

I don't have a problem with cosmetic DLCs/MTs. Four outfits for $5 seems OK. I'm sure I'll drunk buy at least a few if I like this game as much as I expect.

One advantage of these being DLC rather than in-game MTs is if you have multiple gamers in your house since one purchase covers everyone.

Gryph

Is there any GAF community for PS4 players I can join?

Yessir.

Q0lDK4Pvs4R8.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg

I made a PS4 community group for DivisionGAF about a week ago. We've got some members in there already but I'd love to see the group get bigger so that we can always have another resource for finding people to play missions with, getting squads together for the Dark Zone, etc.

If those of you who are playing on PS4 are interested, here's how to find it:

1. Go to the Friends tab on your PS4.
  2. Search for 'hydruxxo' in the PSN search. Scroll down to my communities and select 'DivisionGAF'
  3. Send a request to join, and you're good to go
I'll try and accept any requests as soon as I get them, and feel free to send me a friend request (PSN: hydruxxo) too!

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Heh, I was trying to find one of my OT suggestions so I searched my name, NeoGAF, and Division OT in Google, and it brought me to this

My only claim to fame ;_;

Ok I'll let my PS4 on rest mode tonight. Can't fucking wait. And no I'm not watching any of those spoilery thingies you guys are posting. u_u

Kama_1082

Banned
Why does Division Gaf hate on destiny Gaf so much?

I ask this because I am part of DestinyGaf and think the community is awesome but I am also going to be part of Division Gaf since I have the game preordered on ps4.
It's just a play on words with division advertising.

Ashtar

Why does Division Gaf hate on destiny Gaf so much?

I ask this because I am part of DestinyGaf and think the community is awesome but I am also going to be part of Division Gaf since I have the game preordered on ps4.
I think some of it is that they fee destiny wronged them or disappointed them, some it's just a friendly rivalry eg cod vs battlefield and some are responding to the destiny haters (who were probably set off by thiose that were burnt by destiny).
Personally I thought destiny was okay but i stopped playing after I finished the main story at around level 20 and sold off my expansion pass.

I came here though because Ubi is going over board with the advertising my wife was watching Rick and morty must have seen the ad about 8 time in 2 eps

Well the community wasn't strong on the xb1 side because when Destiny was released, most of everyone only had a ps4 and that was before the xb1 sales dropped plus the Destiny exclusive bundles. I have never seen anyone in that community board hate on someone who owns an xb1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom