• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aselith

I didn't realize this in the alpha but you can take off your jacket and I like that way better. sweater and vest for life #nojacketliving

jbortz78

I didn't realize this in the alpha but you can take off your jacket and I like that way better. sweater and vest for life #nojacketliving

Yup I also from time to time took my jacket off esp during hospital mission in CB, felt weird running around guns blazing indoors with a bulky winter parka...:)

SJRB

Gold Member
Yeah, I don't understand why they're calling it beta either. Surely its not at beta stage this close to launch. I wonder if it'll get delayed, but probably not, would probably release a little broken rather than delay it.

As they've explained numerous times, this beta is primarily a server stress test, and, after the tons of changes they've made after the closed beta, a test to see if they balanced everything better.

The core game is obviously done, but there is tons and tons of balancing, online testing and glitch fixing to be done.

Grassy

Wow, I was getting ~20fps in the opening cutscene so I checked the resolution and it had defaulted to 5120 x 2880...lmao

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
i'm having trouble with settings. it keeps asking me to restart the game to apply them and when i load back up things like fps limit/AA are disabled. also i'm struggling to maintain 60fps even on low settings. there is a lot of stutter and drops to about 45-50fps. i tried locking to 30fps but it was unplayable.

the only positive thing so far is that i prefer playing with keyboard/mouse. i played the closed beta on XB1 and found that the aiming controls felt awkward. at this point i'm just considering redownloading it on XB1 and playing there. it might only be 30fps but for whatever reason it's better than 30fps on my monitor and a solid 30fps is better than 60fps dropping to 40/50's. also the graphics might not be the best on console but it's a lot better than what i'm getting on PC.

my specs:

i5-4590, 16GB, R9 290.

Smash88

Banned
I've noticed my frames are a bit higher (2 - 5 extra frames). Still fluctuates quite wildly depending on the corner I look at or turn on. Hopefully final GPU drivers increase stability and this beta gives them enough feedback to further optimize it.

Mohasus

Just rescued the medic.

Are there monsters/giant enemies in this game?

It is so boring to kill persons, I don't want keep playing if the only thing that changes is my DPS.

Any tips from someone using the elite controller? I want to put the paddles to good use.
Thanks

I set mine up so top left was B so I could hold it for sprint easily, bottom left was A so I could hop over things, top right was Y and bottom right was X.

It worked out really well for me, I hated how it was by default.

knitoe

SLI is still broken. The trick to turn off local reflections and restart game no longer works. I think I am going to wait for launch. Don't feel like grinding for loot only to do it again on.

Bold One

Just rescued the medic.

Are there monsters/giant enemies in this game?

It is so boring to kill persons, I don't want keep playing if the only thing that changes is my DPS.

hate to be reductive but so far for me this is just Battlefield in 3rd person

Grassy

I got SLI to work in the previous beta, but it was bugged. You had to disable local reflections, restart the game, and then, it worked, but the next time you play, you might have to do it all over again. I'll know if it's fixed when the PC version comes online.

I just tried that but it wouldn't work for me with 980Ti SLI, Windows 10, 361.60 drivers. I'll try a few different SLI profiles and see what happens.

EDIT: I didn't realise they released 'Game Ready' drivers for the last beta, downloading the latest drivers now.

Man im not sure wtf is going on.

When I connect my PS4 controller to PC, my character just keep shooting without me even pressing anything. And im looking at the button detection program to see if any buttons presses are being detected and.................nothing. not a single button press being detected but my character just will not stop shooting regardless of what button I press.

THe moment I step out of a safe zone, full auto firing.

So disappointing.

ramyeon

So on my 4th try against the boss in the Subway mission I had him down to a sliver and got an error and disconnected. Fuck. So annoying.

Klyka

Banned
hate to be reductive but so far for me this is just Battlefield in 3rd person

giphy.gif

Xater

So going through a lot of the same stuff again, my doubts about this concept holding up over a full game and beyond are still there. Mostly because of mission variety. I have this lingering fear that the DZ will be the real star of the game with the rest being kinda lackluster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom