• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yibby

sUMHNaU.png

Parts okay? I need juuuuuuust that little more bit of performance

I would upgrade the RAM to at least 2666mhz or 2400mhz. There is not much difference between 2133 DDR4 and slow DDR 3 RAM
http://www.computerbase.de/2015-10/speicher-fuer-skylake-ddr3-1333-ddr4-3000-vergleich/3/

ChrisW

Get home from work excited to have a good few hours on the division since kids are away, find out I need a UPlay account. Go to make one......Site is suffering with server issues and says I can't create an account at this time. Brilliant!

Alexm92

Just spent the last two days downloading this. Tried to play and the game crashes to desktop after like 3 or 4 minutes. It happened 5 or 6 times already in the space of 15 minutes so I think Im done with this shit. Anyone else have the same problem on PC? Uplay version (Didnt know there was a steam version until the download was near finished).

Ellite25

I'm getting some random frame rate drops to like 20 or below with my i5 2500k, 970, and 8 gbs of ram. I'm assuming this is not normal. Hardware problem?

Can you get nearly high/ultra on most with a 970/i5-6600k combo at 60fps? It's currently free with 970s and I just ordered one for my new build so debating on what platform to get it on.

I'm getting some random frame rate drops to like 20 or below with my i5 2500k, 970, and 8 gbs of ram. I'm assuming this is not normal. Hardware problem?

I got the same thing too (only 1 frame drop) when I played earlier. I only played for about 20 minutes though.

4690k, 970, 16GB ram

T.O.P

Banned
I actually did the unthinkable (for me), Maxed every setting there is and locked the game at 30fps (since 60fps even with everything at high wasn't really locked)
Might switch back to 60fps and take down some stuff at some point, but for now i enjoy how incredible this game looks way too much

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Maybe it is just the instance I'm on, but compared to the closed beta the Dark Zone is like GTA at the moment, everyone is shooting everyone else on sight.

Anyone know if the open beta carries over to the full release?

Highly unlikely, like the closed there's probably a bunch of stuff unlocked at lower levels to play with. They will want everyone to start again fresh when it releases no doubt.

I actually did the unthinkable (for me), Maxed every setting there is and locked the game at 30fps (since 60fps even with everything at high wasn't really locked)
Might switch back to 60fps and take down some stuff at some point, but for now i enjoy how incredible this game looks way too much

Are you on a 970?

Blu10

Same question. How can you equip consumables like water and then use them?

I want to say it was holding left on the dpad and the selecting it instead of the nade or the damage consumables and holding right and selecting them for the stat boost consumables

Codiox

From the footage it looks really shitty and boring,but actually playing it I really enjoying it.

I didn't follow this game since it's reveal, will it have coop through the entire campaign / story?

Klyka

Banned
From the footage it looks really shitty and boring,but actually playing it I really enjoying it.

I didn't follow this game since it's reveal, will it have coop through the entire campaign / story?

I don't think the game ever looked "shitty and boring". It always looked like a decent game.

The whole game is co-op,yes.

Helznicht

Can you get nearly high/ultra on most with a 970/i5-6600k combo at 60fps? It's currently free with 970s and I just ordered one for my new build so debating on what platform to get it on.

No you will not. That will hover between 40fps and 70fps. I have a 970 and an i5, its what I get Ultra/High. Low will put you in the 120fps area. Stick with PC for the better controls alone, plus it will run faster and look better to boot.

Really like the second mission. The first feels like a generally straightforward shooter level. The second has a lot of tight, dark areas and I like the cleaner enemies a lot.

Alpende

Played it for an hour or 2 on PS4 so far and I quite like it. The missions are very basic though, go here, rescue this dude, kill a couple of enemies (and maybe 2 waves) and that's it. I do like the loot aspect of it, getting new pieces of gear keeps me going which is cool. Haven't really had gear that changed my appearance by a lot but I can't really expect that after 2 hours. The gunplay feels good and the cover system works.

I'll give it some more time tomorrow.

AHA-Lambda

Hmm, I'm really conflicted now on The Division.

Having played the beta twice now, it's surpassed my initial low expectations and I'm quite intrigued, and a big part of it is probably cos I've not played a good cover based shooter with a while, and can't remember last time I played one that was also an open world RPG.

But I'm not sure how much solo content there is. This is Ubisoft's Destiny and that scares me, cos that game was garbage (imo) =/
If there isn't enough worthwhile solo content then it's not going to be worth it for me.

Has there been any indication on how much solo content there is?

Alpende

Hmm, I'm really conflicted now on The Division.

Having played the beta twice now, it's surpassed my initial low expectations and I'm quite intrigued, and a big part of it is probably cos I've not played a good cover based shooter with a while, and can't remember last time I played one that was also an open world RPG.

But I'm not sure how much solo content there is. This is Ubisoft's Destiny and that scares me =/
If there isn't enough worthwhile solo content then it's not going to be worth it for me.

I'll wait for reviews no matter how good this beta is or would have turned out. It is a Ubisoft game after all.

The Goat

Was hoping to jump back in with my same agent from closed beta, but not a big deal. Kept all my various settings at least, which is nice.

Going to really hit the DZ hard this round. Should be fun!

Raide

Does your character have a torch?

Missions in the dark would be pretty cool

I kinda feel the DZ should be much darker. Or course when its night and snowing, no amount of torch will help you but I do think the Dark Zone should be a truly scary place if you solo.

Helznicht

Is it the framerate that is weird in the ps4-version or something else? It just doesnt feel right

If its like the xbox version, its delayed controls not framerate, like a very heavily applied vsync, but worse.

I came off the PC version closed beta and when I tried in on Xbox It was unbearable to me, so much so that if this was a console only title, I would not be playing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom