• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FX-GMC

If the developer said this was an RPG why cant I initiate talks with NPC'S?

Where's my Role playing damnit!?!?!

Are you telling me the whole game isn't available in the beta? What a letdown.
should be obvious but /s

There are NPCs you can talk to in the beta they just aren't out roaming the streets.

Raide

If the developer said this was an RPG why cant I initiate talks with NPC'S?

Where's my Role playing damnit!?!?!

Talk to NPC, give them candy or get a quest. That's about as deep as it gets in the beta!

The RPG side is also in the various phones and logs you find that fill out the narrative.

Ozorov

If its like the xbox version, its delayed controls not framerate, like a very heavily applied vsync, but worse.

I came off the PC version closed beta and when I tried in on Xbox It was unbearable to me, so much so that if this was a console only title, I would not be playing it.
Okey is there any solid way to resolve this?

Twookie

it kinda feels like there is some delay/input lag on the ps4 version?

i dunno, am i crazy?

edit: okay so i see that i'm not entirely alone in this
feels pretty shit honestly

Smokey

So I've had a chance to play all 3 versions. PC and PS4 version side by side here

25013004362_c920391f4d_b.jpg

The x1 version clearly looks the worst to me. PS4 version better. But the PC version is something else. To me it controls much better with kb&m. Its snappier and more responsive. I'm able to get 60 fps at 2560x1440 on my PC, and it makes a world of a difference compared to the console versions. It game feels sluggish to me on PS4 and the controls feel off. Maybe it's the auto aim? Not really sure but it feels weird.

Spy

I tried giving it a try again after the closed beta and as someone else mentioned, it just feels too safe and generic. Will pass.

ironcreed

Banned
Really like the second mission. The first feels like a generally straightforward shooter level. The second has a lot of tight, dark areas and I like the cleaner enemies a lot.

The fire effects out of their blow torches looks fantastic. Great fire effects in general in this game. Some amazing sound as well.

oti

Banned
Played the second mission on PS4. I will definitely get the PC version. No question. It's like night and day.

Helznicht

So I've had a chance to play all 3 versions. PC and PS4 version side by side here

The x1 version clearly looks the worst to me. PS4 version better. But the PC version is something else. To me it controls much better with kb&m. Its snappier and more responsive. I'm able to get 60 fps at 2560x1440 on my PC, and it makes a world of a difference compared to the console versions. It game feels sluggish to me on PS4 and the controls feel off. Maybe it's the auto aim? Not really sure but it feels weird.

My experience also, (not 1440x60fps though) Spill the beans on your rig man!

Se_7_eN

I guess I'm hooked, I love the interface its so clean.

The UI is amazing!

Especially on things like the extraction countdown or zone entrance names. The text floating there and dynamically changing based on your position to it. Very impressive work from the UI guys!

Except on the cosmetic clothing menu...

M.W.

The UI is amazing!

Especially on things like the extraction countdown or zone entrance names. The text floating there and dynamically changing based on your position to it. Very impressive work from the UI guys!

Except on the cosmetic clothing menu...

I heard a dev state they are going to be changing the clothing menu for final release.

Tecnniqe

Banned

Is that a STRAFE keyboard i see?

Echoing the above: The PS4 version is sluggish. Doesn't feel tight or dialed in. Very disappointing because I wanted to play with a controller and without hackers.

I'm leaning towards not buying for now, but I'll at least wait for the reviews.

Echoing the above: The PS4 version is sluggish. Doesn't feel tight or dialed in. Very disappointing because I wanted to play with a controller and without hackers.

I'm leaning towards not buying for now, but I'll at least wait for the reviews.

Has things changed since the closed BETA? it felt fine to me on PS4.

So Destiny all over again?

This game is going to live or die by the Dark Zone...

Yes, yes it is. I really wish there was also some sort of instant-respawn multiplayer portion as well. The DZ is cool for a while... but i can see it really turning some people away.

TitusTroy

is there a way of dropping items from your inventory?...would be easier then having to go back to the Operations Base each time and selling your junk...my inventory filled up just as I wanted to pick up a new weapon (but couldn't because the inventory was maxed out)

bjaelke

is there a way of dropping items from your inventory?...would be easier then having to go back to the Operations Base each time and selling your junk...my inventory filled up just as I wanted to pick up a new weapon (but couldn't because the inventory was maxed out)

Deconstruct the items.

jet1911

You can destroy the items you don't want for crafting materials.

Nokterian

The UI is a masterpiece, sexy af

I love the UI but also the amount of the UI you can customize from the get go is amazing. Everything is clean and easy to use even on PC.

What i like most in this game is the amount of details everywhere to me a very impressive game on PC it looks beautiful.

From what I've played (I didn't play closed beta) it just seems so empty outside of the hubs with other players. Shame that the dark zone would be the only place you can see others roaming around, but at least there is that.

I mostly like what I was seeing, and the alternate reality UI stuff is brilliant, but I hope there is enough content in the game at launch to keep people interested. Since so much of it is locked in beta its hard to get a feel of what customizing your own "class" would be like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom