• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calcium

Banned
I played the beta for about 5 hours this morning. Initially I wasn't too impressed with the game, but then I joined my brother in the mission he was doing and we had a blast. We then went into the Dark Zone and had a relatively successful time there. The game is a lot like Destiny in that regard, much more enjoyable grouped up.

Surprisingly for the most part people were cool in the Dark Zone. I only had one dude kill me while I was trying to extract my loot. He then went rogue and 5-6 people chased him out of the Dark Zone. If you leave the using the purple entrances do you lose the loot that you had or do you just have it on you next time you enter?

Klyka

Banned
I played the beta for about 5 hours this morning. Initially I wasn't too impressed with the game, but then I joined my brother in the mission he was doing and we had a blast. We then went into the Dark Zone and had a relatively successful time there. The game is a lot like Destiny in that regard, much more enjoyable grouped up.

Surprisingly for the most part people were cool in the Dark Zone. I only had one dude kill me while I was trying to extract my loot. He then went rogue and 5-6 people chased him out of the Dark Zone. If you leave the using the purple entrances do you lose the loot that you had or do you just have it on you next time you enter?

If you try to leave it asks you if you want to leave all your loot behind. If you say yes,you exit and the loot is lost forever

Steam controller issue I'm having is driving me insane. Any face button input is registering as me pressing every button simultaneously. For example, every time I hit start to go to the menus, my weapon will fire. When I hit B to back out of a menu it might back out or it might register as me hitting X or A or a trigger. My controller config is correct, I've even deleted it and re-mapped. Hell, I even uninstalled the game and deleted my setting folder and the issue is still happening.

SAMZ

Im finding hard not to play. I really shouldn't play this... Im taking time to perfecting my gear and I really shouldn't.... I know i will have to start over again when i get this beast day one!!!!

To be honest that looked like it really dragged on. Halfway through the video I found myself skipping ahead to find interesting bits, and this is with them having purple quality equipment and knowing what they were doing. To be fair, its similar to a raid in an MMO where you just wail on guys for a solid 10 minutes, but it feels weird and looks weird in a shooter.

Any tips for someone who didn't play the closed beta? So far I got out of my camp and walked around looking for some loot in the level 2-4 areas, did that little mission where you had to extract data in an infected zone.. Got bored and logged off. Felt like I wasn't playing the game "the right way" going by the hype that the closed beta got.

I didn't see any online players in the parts I was roaming around, but this was early in the day and there weren't many players in the main starting area with the weapon vendors and whatnot. Any tips though? Thanks :)

Feichaw

I can't see myself buying this game. I did the main quests, some of the side quests and even went to the Dark Zone. It just feels boring to me. Going rogue was cool though.

so the IGN video, the mission is level 7. They are level 25 and doing hard mode and all enemies are 25. Looks like all missions scale to the player levels. Love it.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Any tips for someone who didn't play the closed beta? So far I got out of my camp and walked around looking for some loot in the level 2-4 areas, did that little mission where you had to extract data in an infected zone.. Got bored and logged off. Felt like I wasn't playing the game "the right way" going by the hype that the closed beta got.

I didn't see any online players in the parts I was roaming around, but this was early in the day and there weren't many players in the main starting area with the weapon vendors and whatnot. Any tips though? Thanks :)

Get friends together and go play in the DZ.

Klyka

Banned
so the IGN video, the mission is level 7. They are level 25 and doing hard mode and all enemies are 25. Looks like all missions scale to the player levels. Love it.

yes, hard mode scales to the level of the highest member of the group.

Alternatively:
image.php

When the level scaling is done juuuuuuuuuust right

I was in the DZ shooting a red guy(human). Then some guys came and killed me. It said I died as a rogue. How did that happen? I was ok the whole time. Would I go rouge if a non rogue walked into my sticky bomb radius?

DrKelpo

Banned
I'm using headphones and that one voice which I assume normally comes from your controller speaker is unbearably loud. But there seems to be no option or am I missing something?

Still digging the open beta like I did the closed, but I notice the Dark Zone is more hostile now at least the few times I've tried this time around. Still love it, but hate losing gear.

If playing on X1, feel free to add me GT: DomsPlaying as it's always better to play with a group! :)

Mechanically the game seems tight and I like the whole UI. Very intuitive.
Finding little cuts through apartments and hidden loot is enjoyable.

I don't see myself sticking with this though. Could be fun for one run through. The city environment itself just isn't very exciting. I'm not interested in the story. It's just kind of a setting I don't care about.

SFV firmly has its claws in me right now too. That along with other games I need to play will have me plenty busy until Dark Souls 3.

I'll end up buying it either later this year... or impulsively on day one.

Still digging the open beta like I did the closed, but I notice the Dark Zone is more hostile now at least the few times I've tried this time around. Still love it, but hate losing gear.

If playing on X1, feel free to add me GT: DomsPlaying as it's always better to play with a group! :)

I'll add you later, what timezone are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom