• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm using headphones and that one voice which I assume normally comes from your controller speaker is unbearably loud. But there seems to be no option or am I missing something?

can't do shit in game, but you can go to playstation settings, devices, controllers, and set the volume for the controller to zero.

Dark Zone still kinda sucks, mob and chest respawns are really long in normal circumstances and crazy fast if no one else is around - literally you kill a pack, start looting them, and they respawn on you. I looted all the chests on xbox yesterday in an empty DZ but today on PS4 I couldn't find a single chest, everything was already looted. I hope loot is better at 30, in my empty DZ yesterday after 5 hours I had 2k DZ points, level 10, and nothing really worth equipping from drops/chests. Everything from vendors was way, way, way better and its way, way faster hunting rogues than grinding DZ points by killing yellow PVE mobs.

Still keeping my preorder but don't see anything really changing, a month of fun and then the game is done. It feels very much like vanilla Destiny again, which i don't mind. At least now I know not to bother grinding over and over once I feel I have seen the full game.

This game seriously doesn't have SLI support? FFS....

The game was set to my highest resolution by default (6880x2880). That was... a wee bit slow. Sadly it looke fantastic and now I'll probably be disappointed when I lower it back down to my 3440x1440 native. But at least it will run faster than 13 FPS.

deoee

TjwcJhc.png

image.php

When you got your telekinesis juuuuuuust right

Hawk269

The game was set to my highest resolution by default (6880x2880). That was... a wee bit slow. Sadly it looke fantastic and now I'll probably be disappointed when I lower it back down to my 3440x1440 native. But at least it will run faster than 13 FPS.
Hopefully a new driver with proper SLI support will be ready by launch. I game at 4k and my 2x TitanX rig needs to have SLI support to run at 60fps at that rez.

After the Alpha and the last Beta I was pretty much decided on not getting this game. Now having seen a little more of the loot available I might consider it after seeing what the full game is like. It seems at the very least it won't be another case of a loot game with no worthwhile loot like Destiny was. Still gonna wait for reviews at the least. Dark Zone just isn't something I'm interested in going back to over and over.

I haven't played more than a few hours, but I'm a little bummed at the lack of variety in the equipment so far. Lots of items (with completely different names) are mere palette swaps :-\

Exile20

I played the first beta once, was bored and uninstalled it immediately after and canceled my preorder. Because of the GAF hype I guess I can try again. If you were in the first beta, can you just redownload and play again?

leng jai

I'm getting similar vibe with this as I did with Destiny's beta and we all know how that turned up. Quietly optimistic about the full game.

Klyka

Banned
I played the first beta once, was bored and uninstalled it immediately after and canceled my preorder. Because of the GAF hype I guess I can try again. If you were in the first beta, can you just redownload and play again?

you can, but I hope you know it is literally the exact same thing as the closed beta you played and didn't like. it's just one new mission. The game has not changed.

Hopefully a new driver with proper SLI support will be ready by launch. I game at 4k and my 2x TitanX rig needs to have SLI support to run at 60fps at that rez.

Yeah. Sitting here with 2x 980TIs and am getting about 35 FPS at 3440x1440. Going to have to turn some settings WAY down.

I enjoyed the missions well enough, can't be bothered to check out the Dark Zone right now though. The menus for matchmaking could be a little more obvious, I had to press like 5 different buttons to open the matchmaking menu, start matchmaking, and then accept the game once I got into one.

Tainted

Has anyone else had issues navigating ropes and ladders in the open beta ? Either I'm not getting the prompts to go up/down or my character bugs out and I get stuck

Played through the madison mission with mate earlier and went to go down the elevator shaft at the end and got stuck in the shaft...ended up having to fast travel back to the base of operations. I had issues getting up the ladder just after that cafeteria bit as well

Dont recall having any issues at all in the closed beta

PS PC version

dmix90

What are you talking about?SLI is definitely working and i see 95-99% utilization on both gpu's. Its supported since closed beta on two latest Nvidia drivers.

BSherrod

I'm still a little confused with the armor stat versus health, did some quick searching and couldn't find anything. Anybody know about armor versus health?

Seijuro

Played the beta for an hour and got the first mission down
saved the doctor and restored the med wing
. Quite liked what I played so far! 2 mp related questions popped up though:
So I can only meet other players in secure areas, not in the middle of a mission, is this correct?
How do I access the Dark Zone?

HowZatOZ

Banned
God damn this game is still awesome. Loved the closed beta and it made me pre-order, the open beta is just making the wait even harder. The verticality in this game is just mind blowing. Go up on roof tops and shit to find sweet loot, hidden NPCs and just all kinds of cool stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom