• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RE4PRR

Yeah. Sitting here with 2x 980TIs and am getting about 35 FPS at 3440x1440. Going to have to turn some settings WAY down.

Overclock the one that's in use by +200mhz and with most settings maxed you'll go to 45-60, or at least I do. I don't get lag problems in firefights ironically.

DAMN

This game feels so good to play. I can't explain it, maybe it's the setting, how authentic the whole experience feels. And the fact there's a lot of attention to small details like glass shattering, tires blowing up, the snow storms, etc. Also, there's lots of things to do, places to go, things to look for and so on.

I just love this game. And this is only the beta.

Freeman76

DAMN

This game feels so good to play. I can't explain it, maybe it's the setting, how authentic the whole experience feels. And the fact there's a lot of attention to small details like glass shattering, tires blowing up, the snow storms, etc. Also, there's lots of things to do, places to go, things to look for and so on.

I agree, loving it. Havent had enough time to soak it in, but are there buildings etc to explore/loot outside of the missions?

Tecnniqe

Banned
DAMN

OI96qO0.gif

Played for about 30 minutes on PC. Already managed to see how much of an RPG the game is as I wandered off and got destroyed by tougher enemies.

Some questions:
- My player name is always going to be the Ubisoft profile name? Can't really get any good names on there at this point.
- Can I get buildings to show up on the minimap?
- So far my favourite thing has been highlighting a cover faaaar away and running to it by holding the space bar. Can I do that shit in a single player game somewhere?

Tainted

Today's server maintenance scheduled between 8pm-11pm Australian Eastern time...ugh

Same thing happened in the closed beta...smack bang in the middle of peak time here

JackHerer

Played through the first mission in Madision Sq. Garden. Game so far is not clicking with me but I will return to it later this weekend and try again. The shooting is just so meh and the AI seems horrible but that's probably down to difficulty. Visually the game looks just OK on my PC but it is quite demanding. Have SLI TItan X and it is not smooth enough for my tastes but haven't tested it with FRAPS. Will probably end up dropping some settings.

tilomite!

I just did a couple of missions, seems pretty fun. This will be my first MM0. Don't want to spoil anything else, I'm gonna wait for the release to play more.

Nokterian

DAMN

Yeah and the second mission seeing those beautiful explosions from the gastanks on their back is great but also the sound design is very good i love the music very synthwave.

HowZatOZ

Banned
So even at level 25 the enemies are the the same ones you fight in the beta, just higher level?

And every enemy is a bullet sponge? I'd like to snipe enemies in the face and watch their heads explode, not pump a full clip on high impact sniper ammo into each enemy...this is so disappointing :(

In its core The Division is an RPG, so you should expect bullet sponges. If it wasn't like that then there would be no use for the loot system because every gun would simply two shot people in the head.

EL CUCO

So even at level 25 the enemies are the the same ones you fight in the beta, just higher level?

And every enemy is a bullet sponge? I'd like to snipe enemies in the face and watch their heads explode, not pump a full clip on high impact sniper ammo into each enemy...this is so disappointing :(
Go play Destiny, bruh ;)

Overclock the one that's in use by +200mhz and with most settings maxed you'll go to 45-60, or at least I do. I don't get lag problems in firefights ironically.

I'm at 1480mhz. I can't go any higher on these cards.

What are you talking about?SLI is definitely working and i see 95-99% utilization on both gpu's. Its supported since closed beta on two latest Nvidia drivers.

I just checked and I'm actually getting 50-60% per card at best. I'm on 361.75.

Tecnniqe

Banned

010f6b554c39ce505b2c882f5af1b2bf.gif

M.W.

Welcome to the division. It's fucking awesome.

Nokterian

Go play Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls Greater Rift 1 to 100 welcome to the division!

Yopis

Try Alpha Protocol you will love it.

ISOM

It's an RPG, you're playing the wrong game if you care about bullet sponges.

kyser73

If you only play in small spurts and usually dont team up , will the division be enjoyable?

So far what i played even in singleplayer lots of side mission to do in PvE.

Absolutely. I mainly played the CB solo and had a blast. Spent a lot of time in the DZ too.

Good to hear. I dl this last night for PS4, but usually play solo so looking forward to getting in.

There's a whole thread of this discussion, and how RPG-style combat could be evolved to take account of games in semi-realistic settings.

The accountants obviously hate any such discussion, but there were some good ideas batted about on how to evolve combat mechanics to take account of an unprotected head always being a one-shot kill, even in an RPG.

I want to get out of work so bad, 5 more minutes and 30 minutes till some good ol' Division gameplay.

I haven't played any games more than 10-20 minutes at a time since the closed beta. tomb Raider has sat in the steam library all alone.

Bollocks

Can you extract when another group is extracting? I guess no?

Another player was extracting, I tried to be the good guy and let him live because I wanted to see if I could extract, my friend however said, dude, it's only 1 guy, only 1 guy and lit him up, turns out it wasn't 1 guy but a group of 3.
Congratulations you played yourself.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Played a little on PS4 before work and I'm very impressed so far. Gorgeous visuals, great performance, and a great atmosphere. Good loot distribution too.

I was really down on the game for a while but this beta has changed my tune quite a bit. Need to spend more time with it this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom