• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Can you extract when another group is extracting? I guess no?

Another player was extracting, I tried to be the good guy and let him live because I wanted to see if I could extract, my friend however said, dude, it's only 1 guy, only 1 guy and lit him up, turns out it wasn't 1 guy but a group of 3.
Congratulations you played yourself.
Yes, as long as there is space on the rope.

Nokterian

I also love the animations from your character great to see some weight to it most third person shooters you either run like the wind or move so slow it is impossible to move. Love love the small details when changing new gear and seeing the grenades,water bottle etc move along.

RyudBoy

Well, I'm sold. So glad they put out a beta since I didn't have much interest in this.

The game feels like Gears of Wars, but in a Manhattan setting. I wish I could change the buttons settings since I found myself hitting RB to reload on a few occasions. Played it on both XB1 and PC. XB1 sadly suffers from input lag, so the aiming feels off. Even when I cap the PC version at 30fps, it feels way more responsive. Will buy on PC.

Helznicht

Well, I'm sold. So glad they put out a beta since I didn't have much interest in this.

The game feels like Gears of Wars, but in a Manhattan setting. I wish I could change the buttons settings since I found myself hitting RB to reload on a few occasions. Played it on both XB1 and PC. XB1 sadly suffers from input lag, so the aiming feels off. Even when I cap the PC version at 30fps, it feels way more responsive. Will buy on PC.

Are you playing the PC version with KB&M or controller?

Maxey

This might be Ubi's best "new" IP yet. Been playing most of the day and I'm really impressed on all fronts. Technically solid, gameplay is very tight and it barely feels like a formulaic Ubisoft open-world game.

Really hope the final game doesn't disappoint in terms of content and continued support.

Smokey

Wonder if the PS4 suffers from this as well? Both console versions just feel weird to me. It's a joy to play with KB/M on PC.

ramyeon

Has the way loot drops changed since the closed beta? Feel like I'm getting way less loot drops in general - that said I remember being disappointed by the rewards for completing missions on hard in the closed but this time I got a great gun first time round for completing the medical wing mission. Maybe just luck I guess.

I've been completely ignoring this game since it's reveal (I think because Ubisoft). Sounds like it's actually good though and I should give it a try. It actually sounds/looks really fun.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Friendly cleaners!
B0A573727721876C5744EF7FA5588D55AC0C52E4

Dat EMP doe

Autorun bot stuck in wall

Sai-kun

Banned
Just realized that your own waypoint/party member way points are actually...tiny heads connected to tiny wireframe bodies. lmfao, so cute.

Calabi

I've kind of turned around on this, it's not as bad as I thought it was. The enemies dont take that many hit's. The setting is alright and the graphics. It remains to be seen whether it can sustain interest for very long. I would have to see reviews that have seen more of the game to know more. But the Beta is alright.

hydruxo

I feel like I've seen alot less civilians in need compared to the closed beta where they were almost constantly coming up to me

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Too easy to go rouge. Trying to kill a rouge player, I accidentally shot a friendly, rogue status.

Jamaro85

Wtf is up with the "Virus Research" encounter? I feel like my game is glitched or something. I doubt there's anything to even spoil here but I'll tag it just in case (if you've played through this please read and offer advice).

You start by initiating a virus scanner sequence in a contaminated area that initializes a three minute timer. You have to find two virus scanners before the time runs out. From here the only way to go is up a ladder to walk the rooftops. There are three enemies in biohazard suits who appear to be wielding flamethrowers (I killed them quickly with explosives so never got to see them attack). From here there is nothing I can interact with. I walked all the way around the rooftops and eventually reached a laptop that I could not interact with. I've restarted the timer initialization to retry the quest twice and both times found nothing. What am I missing here?

Edit: Lol, just watched this on YouTube and the scanner is right next to the ladder at the beginning. I can't be the only person that completely misses this and wastes their time moving forward from there. The thing is hidden behind a generator and is obscured from view if you're making a bee line for the ladder. What the hell man.

Tecnniqe

Banned
They won't be banned for the full release though. They need a proactive anti-cheat system in addition to reactive.

Final version will probably feature FairFight and perhaps some other things, but FairFight alone will put a instant stop to any item modification, be it damage or otherwise.

Usually during betas they let FF run and gather data, then they have a estimate at release.

packy34

Wtf is up with the "Virus Research" encounter? I feel like my game is glitched or something. I doubt there's anything to even spoil here but I'll tag it just in case (if you've played through this please read and offer advice).

You start by initiating a virus scanner sequence in a contaminated area that initializes a three minute timer. You have to find two virus scanners before the time runs out. From here the only way to go is up a ladder to walk the rooftops. There are three enemies in biohazard suits who appear to be wielding flamethrowers (I killed them quickly with explosives so never got to see them attack). From here there is nothing I can interact with. I walked all the way around the rooftops and eventually reached a laptop that I could not interact with. I've restarted the timer initialization to retry the quest twice and both times found nothing. What am I missing here?

There is a second virus scanner unit on the ground level. After scanning it it will then tell you to transmit the data. That's when you have to start scaling the rooftops to get to the uplink.

Lakitu

st5fu
This beta sold me on the game, love the game so far.

The story missions feel very good, while the encounters can feel samey.

It was night time and I was just strolling through a blizzard, in awe of the effects and lighting. They really nailed the atmosphere with the snow and the Christmas setting.

Going to be a day 1 for me.

Has Massive commented on standardizing the vendor stock, dark zone and regular, across the board? It still bugs me that all the vendors are instanced, but still have restock timers like it even matters.

chris121580

Edit: Lol, just watched this on YouTube and the scanner is right next to the ladder at the beginning. I can't be the only person that completely misses this and wastes their time moving forward from there. The thing is hidden behind a generator and is obscured from view if you're making a bee line for the ladder. What the hell man.
Haha I had the same issue and finally saw it on my third try

Tainted

Has Massive commented on standardizing the vendor stock, dark zone and regular, across the board? It still bugs me that all the vendors are instanced, but still have restock timers like it even matters.

I don't think they have. This is how alot of players were min maxxing their characters in the closed beta, by instance hopping between dark zone vendors

Maxey

Man, not feeling female avatars in this game.

To be fair, the beta has extremely limited character creation and you can only randomize between a handful of face settings.

Hopefully the full game allows for very detailed creation with much more variety of assets.

RyudBoy

Are you playing the PC version with KB&M or controller?

Used both, but when using a controller, it definitely feels more responsive than on XB1.

Wonder if the PS4 suffers from this as well? Both console versions just feel weird to me. It's a joy to play with KB/M on PC.

I have a PS4 but haven't downloaded the game for it. It's probably the same but maybe someone else can confirm.

mosdl

Is there any on screen indicator that push2talk is transmitting? On PC I don't see one and not sure if my mic is working with the game.

Ha! The Darkzone is such a shit show. I've taken to hanging around extraction points with my scoped M1A and watching the groups of people waiting for the shit rats inevitably to go rogue.

Sometimes I extract some garbage ass piece of loot just to attract them. Then rain unholy hell on them. Like flies to shit lol.

I don't think they have. This is how alot of players were min maxxing their characters in the closed beta, by instance hopping between dark zone vendors

I'd like to hear them talk about it at some point. It's annoying to have something at a vendor in the base of operations and when you sign back in, it's gone and replaced with something else. Right now, it's my biggest issue with the game.

Dommel

Ugh, loving the beta so far but torn whether to get this on PC or PS4.

Worried about the cheating on PC but it plays so well with KB+M. No cheating on PS4, easier to just pick and play.

knitoe

I'm at 1480mhz. I can't go any higher on these cards.

I just checked and I'm actually getting 50-60% per card at best. I'm on 361.75.

Yeah. SLI is still broken. In the previous beta, you need to disable local reflections and restart the game for it to work. That no longer works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom