• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think my biggest gripe is that loot doesn't seem to stay on the ground for long. Sometimes you just don't have time to pick it up when you're in the midst of a frantic firefight.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
So on Uplay you can exchange 100 uplay points for 20% off. Apparently they're supposed to email a code, rather than just flagging the discount on your account, for whatever reason, but I haven't gotten a code yet after waiting several hours. Anyone know what's up with this?

Tainted

I'd like to hear them talk about it at some point. It's annoying to have something at a vendor in the base of operations and when you sign back in, it's gone and replaced with something else. Right now, it's my biggest issue with the game.

Yeh, it's a bit of a joke. There was quite alot of discussion here at the time during the CB about it...I was hoping they would do something to fix it for the open beta but it doesn't look like they have, hopefully for the final version (but I wouldn't hold your breath)

imo all it does is create a gulf between the casual players and more hardcore players who exploit it.

Yup. Pissing me off i get punished for people running in front of my machine gun while im seconds away from killing a rogue.

Stupid.

One of my biggest gripes from the closed beta. Earlier today a team mate shot a player who jumped in front of him while shooting an npc and the whole team went rogue. We were extracting as well so all the players just wrecked us instantly.

Yeah. SLI is still broken. In the previous beta, you need to disable local reflections and restart the game for it to work. That no longer works.

Something definitely aint right. If SLI is working as well as people say it is (99% per card), I should easily be seeing 60 FPS at 3440x1440. Instead it's 35-40. A touch higher indoors. I even have AO, reflections, and a few other settings turned down a notch.

deoee

We had so much fun today, can't wait to play some more + I will die waiting for the release + ordered new pc parts :V

Some rogue-actions in the DZ are bullshit btw.
This "let's run in front of someone shooting" has to be tuned down somehow :/

Ha! The Darkzone is such a shit show. I've taken to hanging around extraction points with my scoped M1A and watching the groups of people waiting for the shit rats inevitably to go rogue.

Sometimes I extract some garbage ass piece of loot just to attract them. Then rain unholy hell on them. Like flies to shit lol.

Figures there would be people like you

Ugh, loving the beta so far but torn whether to get this on PC or PS4.

Worried about the cheating on PC but it plays so well with KB+M. No cheating on PS4, easier to just pick and play.

Same here

wamberz1

Hey guys, i have a question. Right now my dark rank is 6 and I'm waiting for my friend to get online. His rank is 2. If I were to just play a bit by myself and get to rank 9 or whatever, when he gets on will we not be able to play together in the dark zone because I'm out of his bracket?

Hawk269

Tried many times to kill the flamethrower boss in sub way morgue by myself, just couldn't do it

What Level was your toon? I was able to do it at Level 5, but I had to retry it like 5 times. Take out all his goons first, then run your ass off. I was always on the opposite side of the room where he was and I took the high ground as well. Use your sticky grenade and try to aim for his tanks, if you hit them just right they explode and cause him a lot of damage. But the best advice is to run your ass off and always have a safe distance and shoot from afar.

Yeh, it's a bit of a joke. There was quite alot of discussion here at the time during the CB about it...I was hoping they would do something to fix it for the open beta but it doesn't look like they have, hopefully for the final version (but I wouldn't hold your breath)

imo all it does is create a gulf between the casual players and more hardcore players who exploit it.

Yup, I made the same arguments during the closed beta discussion about it. I don't understand the restock timer if it's just instanced, because outside of being there when it switches, it doesn't even matter. So it's confusing trying to figure out how it should operate because they contradict each other.

bati

I had soooooo much fun with my friend in the beta that we're both going to buy the game. Before we tried it we were both 100% that we wouldn't but man, coop worked its magic again. If I were solo I'd probably have my doubts but being able to experience the entire game like this (tacticool and shit) in coop with a good friend is just amazing.

One question though - is the second mission (subway) restricted to normal difficulty? I was lvl 8 and he was 7 at the time we've tried it and there was no way to bring up the hard difficulty like we could for the hospital mission - which was great btw, I really think that hard should be the default setting for parties, it's so much more fun.

Smokey

Did matchmaking for the new mission. The randoms had mics. Seemed genuinely excited about the game. The new mission is definitely different than the one in the beta, but it was cool working with them to knock it out.

What does Skill Power represent?

Hawk269

Ugh, loving the beta so far but torn whether to get this on PC or PS4.

Worried about the cheating on PC but it plays so well with KB+M. No cheating on PS4, easier to just pick and play.

Same concern I have with PC version, but also concerned about the community on PC. I have a ton of friends that are going Xbox One and although I have a beefy rig, the potential cheating and community might not be as large on the PC. But damn does it look great on PC with al the bells and whistles on and 60fps. PS4/Xbox One versions are very good as well, no issues, but PC is just fantastic looking.

I played the Alpha and Massive worked there ass off to get the Xbox One version looking and running as good as it did...during Alpha it seemed like it was 720p or so and had frame rate issues and a lot of screen tearing. Closed Beta saw a big improvement and now with open Beta it seems even more refined on the Xbox One. It is good to see all 3 platforms getting a very well looking and running game.

Still need to decide in the next few days and my Wife is thinking of wanting to play as well. I built her a gaming rig last year, but she also has her own Xbox One as well. Decisions, decisions....

Hawk269

I had soooooo much fun with my friend in the beta that we're both going to buy the game. Before we tried it we were both 100% that we wouldn't but man, coop worked its magic again. If I were solo I'd probably have my doubts but being able to experience the entire game like this (tacticool and shit) in coop with a good friend is just amazing.

One question though - is the second mission (subway) restricted to normal difficulty? I was lvl 8 and he was 7 at the time we've tried it and there was no way to bring up the hard difficulty like we could for the hospital mission - which was great btw, I really think that hard should be the default setting for parties, it's so much more fun.

In the Beta there is no hard for the that mission. The Dev's in an article I read earlier said all missions with have selectable difficulty levels, so in the final you should be good to go.

G_Berry

Banned
Yes, as long as there is space on the rope.
This is what I hate. Waiting ages for the extraction chopper only to have two groups come along and steal all the spots on the rope. It's garbage.

And why can't you hold X in advance before the rope drops? You have to wait for it, Hope with the lag you started holding X first and if not wait for another chopper.

It should just be that if you're in the area of the rope and you hold X, they do the little animation and your loot gets added no matter what. I've lost so much loot because of the current shit mechanic.

Hawk269

Just got an email from a friend that says all the pre-order stuff for the Digital Version is now available to download on Xbox One. He reserved the Gold Edition from the Xbox One Store and he has about 6 things to download.

bati

In the Beta there is no hard for the that mission. The Dev's in an article I read earlier said all missions with have selectable difficulty levels, so in the final you should be good to go.

Thanks, I suspected that might be the case. How does scaling (amount of people in the party) work in this game anyway? We were just two but the enemies didn't seem too spongy, even on hard mode.

Getting some major delays in response times. Enemy shots registering several seconds after hitting them, and then I get damn near all my HP taken out in a split second out of nowhere.

Tried many times to kill the flamethrower boss in sub way morgue by myself, just couldn't do it

IIRC I shot his gas tank and after that I was taking tons of health off of him with my magnum.

Definitely kill his buddies first.

I really want a marksman rifle/sniper. Any place to get it right now in the beta?

I got one in the second mission.

Took the scope off of it and put it on my M4.

Any PC players sharing usernames?

hydruxo

Posting this again since the PS4 beta is out now

Q0lDK4Pvs4R8.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg

I made a PS4 community group for DivisionGAF about a week ago. We've got some members in there already but I'd love to see the group get bigger so that we can always have another resource for finding people to play missions with, getting squads together for the Dark Zone, etc.

If those of you who are playing on PS4 are interested, here's how to find it:

1. Go to the Friends tab on your PS4.
  2. Search for 'hydruxxo' in the PSN search. Scroll down to my communities and select 'DivisionGAF'
  3. Send a request to join, and you're good to go
I'll try and accept any requests as soon as I get them, and feel free to send me a friend request (PSN: hydruxxo) too!

knitoe

Something definitely aint right. If SLI is working as well as people say it is (99% per card), I should easily be seeing 60 FPS at 3440x1440. Instead it's 35-40. A touch higher indoors. I even have AO, reflections, and a few other settings turned down a notch.
Update. I got SLI to work better by adding the beta thedivision.exe file into The Division profile with Nvidia Inspector.

Hawk269

Is the client for the closed beta the same as the open or do I need to re-download?

You just need to update it. They patched all 3 versions if you still have it downloaded. On PC I think mine was about 1.2gigs. Can't remember the size for the Console versions, but they just patched and was good to go.

I wish they would acknowledge that they're aware of it and plan to fix it. It's really my biggest issue coming out of the betas.

Grassy

I posted in the PC performance thread that I'm seeing an average of 80-95% GPU usage on both my 980Ti's, but performance is the same as one card pretty much. That's on the latest Nvidia drivers too.

Thankfully like most modern Ubisoft games you can change what you want to see in the UI through the settings menu.

Smh. The "cluttered mess" post again. I thought this had ended when people realized they could change it in the options menu.

No need to shake your head, I haven't read through a whole bunch of this thread. I just turned on the game and got overwhelmed with the UI, I'll mess with the settings and see what I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom