• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olengie

A group of Rogues kept trying to camp at the Extraction Point, only for me to keep killing them in surprise attacks.

How do I get into the Dark Zone???

Found two big doors but I don't have the option to enter them.

I thought maybe I needed to "upgrade" something but I dunno what it is.

there are two entrances both marked on your map. I think they're labeled as checkpoints. I'm not entirely sure but you might need to level up before going in

Klyka

Banned
What's really cool I think is that all my Uplay friends currently playing the game are shown on my map with their exact location.

Quite fun to see people run around or see a friend on the minimap,open the big map to see who it is and then instantly join their group.

man i dont know about the security tree...the shield sucks

The thing is, theres a 3rd unlockable slot for abilities, so you can have 1 med, 1 tech, and 1 security, so you don't have to "waste" a slot for the shield.

Also, the shield is really useful in its latter variation where you can throw it forward and use it as cover

Se_7_eN

Is there any way to turn off or at least lower the sounds coming from the PS4 controller? They're really annoying and loud.

No there is not... I have been very vocal about this issue on their forums and everyone says "You are a whiner, just turn it off in the system settings".

A bullshit response if you ask me, it should be in the game settings.

nel e nel

He got glitched and just stood there for me so i pumped his head full of sniper rounds lol

Same for me too. In fact, I never left the upper level for that final showdown.

It's fun, but I'm not finding it engaging enough to want to purchase. It certainly is nice looking though. It's very similar to Defiance, which I'm surprised more people haven't mentioned, but with a serious graphics upgrade.

Pat_DC

No there is not... I have been very vocal about this issue on their forums and everyone says "You are a whiner, just turn it off in the system settings".

A bullshit response if you ask me, it should be in the game settings.

I really dislike when there aren't options for this. I haven't gotten to play it with my headphones yet but are the sounds that would come from the controller really loud in headphones? I find this often happens with the audio mixes for ps4 games.
Also still really enjoying the game, new mission was fun. Downloading on pc to see how it runs on my pc then to decide what platform to go with.

G_Berry

Banned
I really dislike when there aren't options for this. I haven't gotten to play it with my headphones yet but are the sounds that would come from the controller really loud in headphones? I find this often happens with the audio mixes for ps4 games.
Also still really enjoying the game, new mission was fun. Downloading on pc to see how it runs on my pc then to decide what platform to go with.
Yeah the "announcer" guy is loud as fuck in headphones. Also, has anyone noticed sound cutting out with the Sony gold headset?

Not 100% sure it's this game because I had some issues with SFV also. This game however seemed to be way worse.

Se_7_eN

Is there any way to turn off or at least lower the sounds coming from the PS4 controller? They're really annoying and loud.

I dislike it too, I personally think adjusting the controller volume should be standard in modern games... The audio is not bad at all in headphones (using PS4 Golds), nowhere near as bad as it is coming from the controller.

I have created a post on the The Division's PS4 Bug Forum for this issue... I would appreciate a reply so it can be noticed, if you have the time.

Jblanks

Yeah the "announcer" guy is loud as fuck in headphones. Also, has anyone noticed sound cutting out with the Sony gold headset?

Not 100% sure it's this game because I had some issues with SFV also. This game however seemed to be way worse.

Yea no kidding, I thought it was just me, and I turned dialogue noise down to 20% and it was still way too loud.

Anyone know why mu turret sometimes shoots non hostiles and turns me rogue; and doesn't just shoot them once, it pours bullets into them causing my whole group to go rouge.

ZehDon

I actually think the UI is really well done
Parts of it are, and the general AR idea is solid, but when things are going on, the UI becomes too cluttered, trying to relay too much information at once, clogging the screen with flashing lines, boxes, numbers and button prompts.

oti

Banned
So people with a decent gaming rig and a PS4.... which platform are you going with?

GTX 770 and i5-4somethingsomething here

PC all the way.
PS4 feels pretty bad after playing the closed beta on PC.

Which sucks in a way because I have to use my Uplay friends list. (I have 1 person on there, but with GAF this shouldn't be a problem.)

I dislike it too, I personally think adjusting the controller volume should be standard in modern games... The audio is not bad at all in headphones (using PS4 Golds), nowhere near as bad as it is coming from the controller.

I have created a post on the The Division's PS4 Bug Forum for this issue... I would appreciate a reply so it can be noticed, if you have the time.

wait there's really no option for this? What the actual fuck? That's just insanity. So you're telling me, when i dont want to annoy my room mate with super loud voices coming from my controller at night, there's absolutely zero way to get rid of the volume? That isn't just stupid, it seriously pisses me off.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Same for me too. In fact, I never left the upper level for that final showdown.

It's fun, but I'm not finding it engaging enough to want to purchase. It certainly is nice looking though. It's very similar to Defiance, which I'm surprised more people haven't mentioned, but with a serious graphics upgrade.

Are we talking about the big flamethrower Cleaner boss at the end of the tech mission?

Cause that boss got stuck under some stairs for me. Which in all honesty was a welcome glitch. He was a tough dude. Haha

_woLf

Holy crap, this game looks like complete ass if you have chromatic aberration on. Everything is a blurry mess, why would you ever want that?

double dipping PC/PS4. No regrets. Mostly going to play on PS4 since that is where my friends are though.

GTX 770 and i5-4somethingsomething here

PC all the way.
PS4 feels pretty bad after playing the closed beta on PC.

Which sucks in a way because I have to use my Uplay friends list. (I have 1 person on there, but with GAF this shouldn't be a problem.)

I want to go PC but I just hope we don't have to deal with cheaters.

Se_7_eN

wait there's really no option for this? What the actual fuck? That's just insanity. So you're telling me, when i dont want to annoy my room mate with super loud voices coming from my controller at night, there's absolutely zero way to get rid of the volume? That isn't just stupid, it seriously pisses me off.

Me too man, that is why I created that post.

You can turn off the speaker in the System Settings menu, but I personally don't think you should be forced to change a system setting for a single game... Especially if I like the controller speaker in another.

Holy crap, this game looks like complete ass if you have chromatic aberration on. Everything is a blurry mess, why would you ever want that?

Same reason BATTLEFIELD 4 has their blue filter, Far Cry Primal has their yellow filter, etc... I turned off the Chromatic Aberration off immediately.

Me too man, that is why I created that post.

You can turn off the speaker in the System Settings menu, but I personally don't think you should be forced to change a system setting for a single game... Especially if I like the controller speaker in another.

Same reason BATTLEFIELD 4 has their blue filter, Far Cry Primal has their yellow filter, etc... I turned off the Chromatic Aberration off immediately.

Oh you can? Well that basically fixes it for me. I dont think i can recall it ever being used in other games i've played so i'll just turn it down to a quiet volume.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

CA is truly the worst effect in existence right now. I have never seen a good implementation and the image quality always looks better without it.

I wish it would be stricken from developer tools.

TitusTroy

in terms of choosing the best weapons and gear is color coding more important then actual DPS or ARM?...for example I have a piece of gear that is Blue, ARM 25 and Level 6 versus Green, Level 33 and Level 7...which of those 2 is better?

So are there any ways to actually get lock picks in the beta? I've found like 4 locked doors but no picks.

Yeah, there are a few places. Not exactly sure where they are though since I don't remember. I know there are a few in some of the interior spaces you can go into in PvE. Also, during the hospital mission, there is an area that is behind a locked door with a chest at the end that drops blues. Only thing is, it's a level 2 contaminated zone which means you have to run all the way to the end to grab the loot because you'll die when the timer runs out. As long as you can pick up the gear, it's ok to die and respawn.

Playing both beta's, still can't decide which version. Better controller and achievements (x1) vs slightly cleaner graphics(ps4)....! Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom