• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Animator

CA is truly the worst effect in existence right now. I have never seen a good implementation and the image quality always looks better without it.

I wish it would be stricken from developer tools.

Agreed. It blows my mind that devs still put CA in games. I have yet to see someone say "man I love CA in games!"

ultron87

Had real trouble talking to a squad mate in the Dark Zone on PS4. We were standing right next to each other and it just didn't count for the proximity chat. I don't really want to resort to being in a party because the proximity chat is really cool.

bounchfx

ok, like, the game itself was run of the mill, decent, nothing special.. honestly kind of a third person destiny

and then there was darkzone

fuckin
rad

the voice chat/proximity chat is what makes it. I miss that shit from early 360 days, and people were actually using it. it's so good.

Graphics took a large hit, as expected, but at least the game runs flawless maxxed out at 1440p.

The pacing seems a little off, played with a mate for a couple hours and we just ran through the city and through areas murdering and wiping out all the missions / encounters. Did not have to stop for cover or anything the entire time. I guess this will change, only level 6 at the moment.

With that said, did have fun with it for the time we played. Looking forward to sinking a bit more time over the BETA weekend. May even end up picking up cheap if enough people I know do the same.

Playing on the XB1, and I am getting this every 5-10 minutes right now:

"The division services are not available at this time. Please try again later. Delta 20000950"

Seems to be happening to a few folks, and not to others, but this is basically crippling my play efforts. I have lost recently gained gear (come back extended magazine clip, COME BACK!), and certain map markers have vanished and I have to "rediscover" them a second or third time. I know there is "maintenance" tomorrow morning, but right now this game is not stable at all for me.

I had 2 problems in about 4-5 hours of game play yesterday when it was just XB1 people online with the beta, but today, it is way more problematic. In the closed beta, I had 3 problems TOTAL the entire time. Whatever they are doing right now, it seems to not want to work well on my end. So I got in what playtime I could today, and I will keep an eye for anything more about this. But it has doused my fun with the game somewhat. I get tired of being thrown out of the game, have to load it back up, walk maybe two or three blocks and then get thrown out again.

Also, is it me, or does it seem to be even more deserted than the Closed BETA? It seems there are less "random" encounters than before, but that could be because my data seems to keep getting reset today. It just feels like there is less going on than before to me.

pr0cs

Tried it on my htpc, sadly I was probably expecting more versus consoles.
Gtx660 with 16gb memory and AMD a10-5800k.
About on par with my xbone, didn't get to try the ps4 version but I expect it will look slightly better.

Wanderer5

Started playing it on PC. So far I like roaming through the streets of NYC, and it a bit neat that you can give some items to a civilian in need in return for some exp and another item.

Do we not have access to skills through? It says that I can put one in, but not even the basic skills are available for the beta? Something feels off.

Edit: Oh went back in and now I have access to skills and grenades heh.

M.W.

Had real trouble talking to a squad mate in the Dark Zone on PS4. We were standing right next to each other and it just didn't count for the proximity chat. I don't really want to resort to being in a party because the proximity chat is really cool.

Does that have anything to do with voice chat settings on the PS4?

Hey guys, asking this question for a friend.

Does anybody have the gold headset for PS4? My friend is considering not buying the game now because the way this headset works is it blares the controller speaker volume through the headset, so whenever you have the radio guy saying anything it kills his ears. Has anybody figured out how to fix this? Does Ubisoft know about this?

Dave_6

Decided to try out the PC version so I log onto Steam and get the beta; wait ~2 hours for it download. Click play and it opens Uplay which I expected but I did not expect to have to download the beta AGAIN. WTF?

ultron87

The Safe Room in the DZ at the top of the rope seems dumb. There's a crew of rogues up there sniping but one of them is staying non rogue to discourage tossing a grenade up.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Open Beta completed.

Screenshot-Original.png

Shoutout to Tawp, Wes, Rose, and everyone else that partied up throughout the day.
edit: yep, sitting at 21hrs clocked in again. This game is a guaranteed buy.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Solo'd the Tech mission alone and beat it at level 7, bumped me up to level 8 and now will do DZ tomorrow.

Having fun with it, even though I had already played it. Took absolutely no time to get to lvl 8 compared to before.

I'm loving the hell out of this game, but I had a terrible time in the dark zone today. Literally couldn't get any loot extracted because it felt like each extraction point had like a group of rogues just waiting for non-rogues. I probably would have played all day if it wasn't for this. Oh well, still a great game tho.

N° 2048

Game is hitting all the sweet spots for me. Great stuff.

Have yet to play Dark Zone though...scared it'll turn me off since I don't have a lot of co op friends.

Can you join DZ with a random team? Or can they just turn on you too?

TitusTroy

I thought they said they would be adding in more NPC enemies in the Dark Zone for the open beta...doesn't seem like it...feels exactly the same as the closed beta

Grassy

What driver is that? I don't even have a Division profile in Inspector.

361.75 was the 'Game Ready' driver for the last beta that included the SLI profile - http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/ar...m-clancys-the-division-beta-game-ready-driver

Although I'm using the latest drivers (361.91), and SLI is still borked in this game. I've tried messing with the NV Inspector profile, tried a lot of different SLI compatibility bits, forcing AFR2 and so on but nothing has worked for me with my 980Ti's. I'm on Windows 10 though, so maybe that's an issue here as well...

Tawpgun

Open Beta completed.

Shoutout to Tawp, Wes, Rose, and everyone else that partied up throughout the day.

Umm what when did this full on poopsock happen

Also lol at literally EVERYONE I know ignoring skill/electronics. Anyone know what it does? I dunno if it affects stuff like sticky det damage/shield health or if its just about recharge time.

Granadier

Umm what when did this full on poopsock happen

Also lol at literally EVERYONE I know ignoring skill/electronics. Anyone know what it does? I dunno if it affects stuff like sticky det damage/shield health or if its just about recharge time.

Dude, I did jack shit but play Division today. And yeah, at least right now Tech feels useless outside of buffing the heal.

I have the beta for all three platforms, but need to build up friends on the Xbox and UPlay.

ID for all 3: ArkkAngel007.

So far I'm enjoying it, though it's been a solo affair and just on the Xbox (starting UPlay tonight). Shooting largely feels ok and the normal enemies don't seem to take too much punishment. Hard missions however I feel that large disconnect in playing a Clancy title and not seeing enemies dropping how I expect them to do so.

The one thing I'll have to get better at is reading the individual stats of each item. For some reason I was having issues knowing what each little symbol meant and what works best for each item.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I keep falling thought the map/ground on the pc beta, is anyone experiencing this?

It's a known bug. Apparently some people get it.

Also trying to find lockpicks is impossible.

I'll admit it, my buddy and I went into the DZ tonight on Xbox and just lit people up. I'd smooth talk them, let them know we're chill, and my buddy would pop them in the back. We came into the sports center and revived a random dying player, then proceeded to clear the entire area of mobs together like brothers. Right after we finished, we turned around and slaughtered him.

We murdered every straggler on the street we could find, and killed several players just as the chopper arrived.

We made the random decision to be the trolling the of jackass chaos spreaders for a few hours and it was a riot. So much fun, especially when like 6 guys attacked us during a manhunt.

Granadier

Tawp, I wish I had recorded that stealthy diversion you made to save the party from that mob of players.

Silvard

Open Beta completed.

How did you get so many DZ credits? I'm having a hard time farming for my first high end weapon.

Also, is there a list of what DZ vendors sell? I'm going after a build similar to yours.

Granadier

How did you get so many DZ credits? I'm having a hard time farming for my first high end weapon.

Also, is there a list of what DZ vendors sell? I'm going after a build similar to yours.

No list, but all of the purple items I have were from vendors. Just check each vendor. They only refresh every 24 hours I think.

As for getting DZ credits; just hang out with a group. Do laps in the DZ killing all of the NPC's and any rogues you find. Grab every DZ chest you come across that's spawned. Keys seem to be more common this time. If you have a good team you can go rogue and reap the bounties. It just takes time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom