• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a bug where you can hear people in the dark zone even when I'm in a party?

These two guys were like let's kill this **** !

I could hear him so I was ready and I worked them it was the best.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
How do you guys get purple drops?

Only from vendors in the beta.

Is there a bug where you can hear people in the dark zone even when I'm in a party?

If they are in a group, but not in an actual party (party chat), then you can hear them through proxy chat.

Tovarisc

Also, is there a list of what DZ vendors sell? I'm going after a build similar to yours.

There is X amount of DZ instances in existence at any given time, in every instance vendors have different stocks of gear. Most efficient way of gearing up is to run from CP to CP, checking all vendor stocks for items you need/want and once done use DZ's matchmaking to move from current instance to next to check out new vendor stocks.

Edit:

They are talking in proximity chat channel without realizing it, not a bug.

Edit: or is PS4 party supposed to block proxy?

Gryph

Getting a bit fed up with being solo in the Dark Zone. Way too many "meet two guys, kill some folks with them, then they kill me and take everything...".

I know it shouldn't make me mad, but it does!

Playing both beta's, still can't decide which version. Better controller and achievements (x1) vs slightly cleaner graphics(ps4)....! Help!

I'm in the same gawd damn boat everytime a multi-plat comes out for both consoles X1/PS4.

Gotta say though, it kinna looked cleaner on the PS4 in the previous closed beta..while can't really complain by X1 performance either..sigh, which one to pre-load?

Tainted

Feels smooth as butta.

No it doesn't.

Yes it does.

Ze9Pe2X.gif

Jamaro85

The Safe Room in the DZ at the top of the rope seems dumb. There's a crew of rogues up there sniping but one of them is staying non rogue to discourage tossing a grenade up.

I haven't made it to the DZ yet but it sounds like it's going to be a huge headache due to how players can exploit its system. I understand that it can't be perfect, but some of the things I'm hearing sound like they are highly frustrating.

-People intentionally jumping in front of friendly fire to force rogue upon the shooter.

-People shooting teammates with low level weapons to do minimal damage and not turn rogue, but drawing a response and causing their victim to go rogue.

-Rogues working together and keeping one person in close proximity who is not rogue to discourage use of explosives.

So to those of you who have been in the DZ so far, what is your opinion about needing to toggle friendly fire before you can attack a friendly and turn rogue? Would this ruin the DZ for you guys? I can imagine it would take away some of the tension with no longer having to be careful with your friendly fire, but it seems like it would solve all of these problems. Bullet point number two would be a complete non issue as you'd remove a damage threshold for turning rogue.

jaaz

Playing on PC, it feels like they increased the auto-aim on NPCs. Or maybe I've just gotten used to the shooting the second time around. But my aim is definitely better.

Tovarisc

I haven't made it to the DZ yet but it sounds like it's going to be a huge headache due to how players can exploit its system. I understand that it can't be perfect, but some of the things I'm hearing sound like they are highly frustrating.

-People intentionally jumping in front of friendly fire to force rogue upon the shooter.

-People shooting teammates with low level weapons to do minimal damage and not turn rogue, but drawing a response and causing their victim to go rogue.

-Rogues working together and keeping one person in close proximity who is not rogue to discourage use of explosives.

So to those of you who have been in the DZ so far, what is your opinion about needing to toggle friendly fire before you can attack a friendly and turn rogue? Would this ruin the DZ for you guys? I can imagine it would take away some of the tension with no longer having to be careful with your friendly fire, but it seems like it would solve all of these problems. Bullet point number two would be a complete non issue as you'd remove a damage threshold for turning rogue.

There will always be people gaming the system and finding ways to make it work in their favor. Assholy and game mechanic abusing behavior you listed above was super rare during closed beta and at least today was super rare in open beta. I don't think that because of these few abusers in closed and open beta whole system should be changed, overall experience is still very good and tense like it should be.

Also about people running into your fire and turning you into rogue, in most cases it's just player rushing forwards without thinking what he is doing. Accidents of sorts, annoying for sure.

ironcreed

Banned
I am starting to see way more roaming bands of pricks. You almost get a Dark Souls level of loss when you lose your shit and even more so once you get back to retrieve it and die again to the same assholes, lol.

Tovarisc

I am starting to see way more roaming bands of pricks. You almost get a Dark Souls level of loss when you lose your shit and even more so once you get back to retrieve it and die again to the same assholes, lol.

If curve is anything like in closed beta then next you will witness groups of "paragons" surfacing, hunting down rogues and securing extraction points. So people that aren't in twink gear [read: stacked up with legendary gear] can have better time.

edit:
What is the loot colour order?

White, green, orange, blue, purple?

White, green, blue, purple, orange.

Hjod

Banned
If curve is anything like in closed beta then next you will witness groups of "paragons" surfacing, hunting down rogues and securing extraction points. So people that aren't in twink gear [read: stacked up with legendary gear] can have better time.

Hopefully this happens, cause I feel like the game will stand or fall on the content in the Dark Zone. Played a bit before work today, really liking it so far, haven't had the time to test the DZ yet, but I fear the worst haha.

ironcreed

Banned

I see signs of that already and have banded up with others to repel the rogues. It just sucks when you are on the receiving end of getting ganged up on, but that is the way it goes sometimes. Fun as hell game.

Granadier

I see signs of that already and have banded up with others to repel the rogues. It just sucks when you are on the receiving end of getting ganged up on, but that is the way it goes sometimes. Fun as hell game.

That's the way of the DZ.
In the beta the only place to get good gear is in the DZ, so it not's the greatest for players that want to avoid PvP.

---

Found out their fix to rogues DZ barrier hopping to avoid death. Instead they made it so if you timeout in the barrier as a rogue you instantly die.

LowParry

It was fun jumping back into this with all the changes done. Really really fun. Though that damned Dark Zone. Didn't realize there were stick bombs of the sort which changes the whole approach and kill rogues. It can be fun at times going solo but it's a game you really want to group with people. Well if I can convince some friends to play but eh. Some slim chances of that.

ironcreed

Banned
That's the way of the DZ.
In the beta the only place to get good gear is in the DZ, so it not's the greatest for players that want to avoid PvP.

Oh, of course. The gamble is part of the tension and fun. Sometimes you will get your loot out and other times you will get stopped.

Tainted

Tried it on XBO first tonight, felt like the shooting was off a bit....jumped on the PC version later and it's like night and day.

As much as the shooting didn't bother me too much on XBO, just trying the PC version just now gave me a similar experience.

Mouse/Keyboard plus >30fps framerate def makes a huge difference.

Reinstalling the beta now. Is dark zone better than it was in the closed beta?

Only thing I've noticed is a slight increase in NPCs...otherwise it seems the same.

Boss Mog

I just started but man this game is ugly. I feel like I'm playing a 360 game. I never though Destiny was much of a looker either but man it looks way better than this.

Is this game running 720p with no AA, cause that' what it looks like. Even the text in the UI is full of jaggies. And even with that the models and textures look awful.

I don't mean to be a downer but I'm just really shocked. I haven't really followed this game since the reveal trailer that looked amazing, but apparently the downgrade is significant.

Granadier

Boss★Moogle;195978707 said:
I just started but man this game is ugly. I feel like I'm playing a 360 game. I never though Destiny was much of a looker either but man it looks way better than this.

Is this game running 720p with no AA, cause that' what it looks like. Even the text in the UI is full of jaggies. And even with that the models and textures look awful.

I don't mean to be a downer but I'm just really shocked. I haven't really followed this game since the reveal trailer that looked amazing, but apparently the downgrade is significant.

8UBrlN8.gif

Can't even read past this. None of whatever else you were going to say has any basis.

chixdiggit

Downloaded the Open Beta off Steam and had all sorts of problems with lag and disconnects after smooth sailing with the closed Beta. Decided to download from U-play and the game runs much better.

nowai

A 360 game? Really?! And Destiny not a looker either? Really dude?

ironcreed

Banned

A 360 game?

13684_full.jpg

Tovarisc

Also the rope was removed from the building next to the car park where everyone would camp.

New broken camp spot; underground. Seems that people don't come looking down there that much and/or look down ever to notice those rogue marker. With friend we were able to camp most of max rank rogue (manhunt) down there.

We got bored of same 4 people baiting and harassing us so we took the bait, by putting all 4 into the ground :D

Boss Mog

8UBrlN8.gif

Can't even read past this. None of whatever else you were going to say has any basis.

I don't even understand your response. How does the fact that I just started the game prevent me from looking around in the starting aera and appreciating (or not, in this case) the graphics I'm being subjected to. Sure I can't judge the game as a whole at this point but I have no trouble interpreting what my eyes are relaying to my brain. Does the game look way better later on somehow? Do your eyes adjust to the ugliness after a while or something? I just don't get why you think the passage of time will somehow have a positive effect on the graphics of this game or least my perception of them.

I've been playing on PS4 and will no doubt get it there as thats what I mainly use and where my main friends are but I am downloading the PC beta to see how much difference graphically it will be. I am also in two minds whether to get FarCry Primal on PC. PS4 FC4 was good though so will probably just get it on PS4 for the trophies (I'm not even a trophy whore)

Granadier

New broken camp spot; underground. Seems that people don't come looking down there that much and/or look down ever to notice those rogue marker. With friend we were able to camp most of max rank rogue (manhunt) down there.

We got bored of same 4 people baiting and harassing us so we took the bait, by putting all 4 into the ground :D

Not so much a camping spot though, rather a great way to lose pursuers. There aren't any places down there that are as impenetrable as the building camp before.
But I agree with you. The underground is fantastic for running out a rogue timer.

There is one spot near one of the checkpoints that is fairly good for camping, but you need a large group to protect it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom