• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
DZ camping the extractions is brutal. Had a lot of players camping and racking up kills and loot. Have yet to extract something worthwhile too.

Usually all the activity focuses on 1 or 2 of the extractions. You just have to figure out where most of the action is at on the server. I will say, I almost never go parking garage. It's consistently a hellhole.

Tovarisc

Usually all the activity focuses on 1 or 2 of the extractions. You just have to figure out where most of the action is at on the server. I will say, I almost never go parking garage. It's consistently a hellhole.

I like it there for that reason :D Always someone trying to score kills, ends up fucking it up more often than not and you just clean wannabe rogues out for some quick DZ Bucks.

Ilive1up

i'm level 6, mainly doing the base mission stuff. when do you run into other players? i'm digging most of it. just got a sweet carbine.

Naudi

Banned
Hey guys, asking this question for a friend.

Does anybody have the gold headset for PS4? My friend is considering not buying the game now because the way this headset works is it blares the controller speaker volume through the headset, so whenever you have the radio guy saying anything it kills his ears. Has anybody figured out how to fix this? Does Ubisoft know about this?

May have been answered but there is a setting in the game audio options that turns that voice down. I also was getting yelled at by him till a buddy I played with told me about it.

i'm level 6, mainly doing the base mission stuff. when do you run into other players? i'm digging most of it. just got a sweet carbine.

You can meet people at the base on the left side of the map (name eludes me), you meet people in the DZ (probably not your type of meeting), and you can matchmake anywhere in the map to have people roam with you

ViciousDS

Banned
The mission designs are......ssssooooo boring. Holy shit. I did the second mission that we got in the OBT to unlock the turret. Could they honestly not design these missions to be worse than destiny? This is not a good sign of future design. We ran around the dark zone for a bit....bit even that becomes boring in a short period. Proximity chat did help a lot with accidental firing this time. Instead of just blasting someone you would hear a shit I'm sorry and they would roll to avoid you possible repercussion shots

DZ camping the extractions is brutal. Had a lot of players camping and racking up kills and loot. Have yet to extract something worthwhile too.

Sorry to hear about your luck. When there are a lot of players in the DZ and especially specific squads who are consistently going rogue, I like to wait until an extraction is called in, then go to a different extraction point on the other side of the map.

You definitely want to stay away from the "Parking Garage / Rooftop" It's very popular with Rogues and a lot of enemy AI spawn up there during extraction.

Also, when I played on Friday during the day, there wasn't a lot of people online. The DZ was pretty dead, as far as PVP was concerned. I was able to extract a ton of stuff by myself. So when the game releases, if you can play when most people are at work or school, do it.

The mission designs are......ssssooooo boring. Holy shit. I did the second mission that we got in the OBT to unlock the turret. Could they honestly not design these missions to be worse than destiny? This is not a good sign of future design. We ran around the dark zone for a bit....bit even that becomes boring in a short period. Proximity chat did help a lot with accidental firing this time. Instead of just blasting someone you would hear a shit I'm sorry and they would roll to avoid you possible repercussion shots

I quite enjoyed the cleaners mission

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

Actually, I don't mind the PvE missions. Sure, they're waves. But that's fine.

Dark Zone can get fucked, though. Hate that mode.

I quite enjoyed the cleaners mission

That was the "City Morgue" mission, correct? I enjoyed that one as well. We had a full squad on that, and there was a ton of enemies.

I would imagine their not showing us the best missions during the beta, and that mission gave me a good feeling about what's to come.

Edit; My bad, the cleaners mission was the "Water" mission. That was good too

zkorejo

You can meet people at the base on the left side of the map (name eludes me), you meet people in the DZ (probably not your type of meeting), and you can matchmake anywhere in the map to have people roam with you

Can we do match making for DZ stuff? I will enter DZ today.

cripterion

So on Uplay you can exchange 100 uplay points for 20% off. Apparently they're supposed to email a code, rather than just flagging the discount on your account, for whatever reason, but I haven't gotten a code yet after waiting several hours. Anyone know what's up with this?

It's broken, has been for quite some time. I'm waiting for my code too and I'm past a week and half.
Contact support.

gblues

Banned
Well, one of the benefits of being stuck on a 900p monitor is that my GTX980ti eats this game for breakfast. Zero frame drops, rock-solid 60fps.

Game looks gorgeous, and the music is giving me a big DX:HR vibe.

I haven't yet pulled the trigger on a pre-order, but the funds are in the Steam wallet and it's looking like this will be a go.

DryvBy

I found this. Game is amazing.

Cbo3G4ZUcAAySIl.jpg

Pat_DC

Feel the same man, now I am confused about which one to get lol.

Me too! Enjoyed the closed beta on ps4 but trying it on PC has made the shooting feel so much better at a locked 60+mouse. There were a bunch of other things I liked including keys to go straight to certain menus and being able to sort weapons/loot by type (which was something I didn't see on ps4 unless I missed something).

Need to look at the pros and cons though as all my friends will be on ps4.

Most importantly the pom pom beanie really adds to christmas vibe of the game.
Best loot I've found so far, Yippee Ki Yay!

pompommofo.jpg

wowlace

Put a few hours in on PS4. Didn't play any DZ yet. Game is really good. Felt a bit clunky at first but got used to it. Seems a lot of scope for customization and RPG shit. Day one.

Lunar FC

So my brother and I were finally ready to try some DZ and when we entered we each went into seperate instances. His full of people and mine completly empty. We were pretty confused by this, isnt the point of the DZ to go in with your squad?

I love the little secrets; like, killing Hutch in medic mission before he jumps down will spawn 2 mini bosses down below that drop more loot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom