• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UMGAWA

So my brother and I were finally ready to try some DZ and when we entered we each went into seperate instances. His full of people and mine completly empty. We were pretty confused by this, isnt the point of the DZ to go in with your squad?
If you are at different levels you will be split up. Afaik

Wanderer5

Decided to dip into the Dark Zone area, and man the tension heh. Was able to extract a couple things along with a couple others folks before I headed back out, through then I got killed by two players who were near the exit.

tumblr_mg83bzzAtM1rsqt5io1_500.gif

Well anyway quite a blast so far. I particularly like missions that takes you up roofs and such.

This cannot possibly be true. I thought the whole point of the game is to go in with your group of people? This level restriction makes zero sense.

Yeah that happened to me with two other random people today. It took me a good 30 seconds to realize it as well because I was in their party but me and another guy were in a different darkzone server. It was quite funny too cause the guy was hollering at me to help him because he kept on getting into gun fights with other players to steal their loot and kept getting his ass killed. Hahahaha karma was a bitch to him even after he kicked me and raged quit. Though I met another cool dude from that so it was not all bad lol.

Ushay

This game is what Destiny should have been

I agree, but lets see what the actual content is like, we only have like 2 story missions with this one.

I played about 5 hours last night and had an absolute blast with it. Love, love the UI and how fresh the game feels. Very tempted to get this day 1 for the right price.

Yeah that happened to me with two other random people today. It took me a good 30 seconds to realize it as well because I was in their party but me and another guy were in a different darkzone server. It was quite funny too cause the guy was hollering at me to help him because he kept on getting into gun fights with other players to steal their loot and kept getting his ass killed. Hahahaha karma was a bitch to him even after he kicked me and raged quit. Though I met another cool dude from that so it was not all bad lol.

Yup same, I tried playing again with my wife tonight and we went to do DZ together (to get her into it so we could buy it) and ya... she was a lvl 6 me 8 and we got tossed in different instances. My chances of getting her into this are exactly zero now =/

Kaversmed

Tried it for a couple of hours with two of my friends but so far it's just not clicking with me. The missions outside the DZ was pretty fun I guess, but the DZ made no sense. Everyone is just shooting at each other going rogue and it seems as soon as you shoot back, you go rogue too and then everyone and their grandmothers will shoot at you.

Maybe it's just me, but the DZ was a messy experience.

Man, if only it played half as good as Destiny... the overall package seems nice but this game is really not grabbing me.

This is exactly how I feel. I know Destiny is an FPS, but man dat gunplay. Division feels so clunky in comparison. Anyway, will give it another try tonight with some friends :)

Yup same, I tried playing again with my wife tonight and we went to do DZ together (to get her into it so we could buy it) and ya... she was a lvl 6 me 8 and we got tossed in different instances. My chances of getting her into this are exactly zero now =/

There was a way to drag people into higher instances. Did they fix that?

Pat_DC

Has any one bought a key via Greenman Gaming?
It isn't a steam key (uplay only) but they have it for $42.99 which is the best pc price I've found so far.

MiguelItUp

Tried it for a couple of hours with two of my friends but so far it's just not clicking with me. The missions outside the DZ was pretty fun I guess, but the DZ made no sense. Everyone is just shooting at each other going rogue and it seems as soon as you shoot back, you go rogue too and then everyone and their grandmothers will shoot at you.

Maybe it's just me, but the DZ was a messy experience.

Yeah, I'm feeling the same. It runs wonderfully on PC and it looks gorgeous, I just wasn't hooked by anything. I'm sure playing with people may improve the experience a bit, but I played by myself for about 2ish hours. I too don't quite get the DZ thing, I mean, I do understand the mechanics but it feels like there are things about it that could be improved. I went out for the first time and was slowly making my way away from the gate (that I was still basically right in front of) and I got killed almost instantly from someone that entered right behind me. Guess it was my fault for not expecting it? But it was also my first time, lol.

so this game is basically destiny in third person and in a more modern setting rather than futuristic?

Feels nothing like destiny , I'm a huge fan of both games but you can't compare them at all. Not only is the setting different , the shooting , rpg elements etc are all vastly different .

I love both games for different reasons .

PC continues its reputation as the friendliest DZ in town

Spent all night with friends, only ran into a handful of rogues and they were taken down within seconds. Pretty fun stuff, once again.
But I'm still not buying the game for $60.

Yeah, I'm feeling the same. It runs wonderfully on PC and it looks gorgeous, I just wasn't hooked by anything. I'm sure playing with people may improve the experience a bit, but I played by myself for about 2ish hours. I too don't quite get the DZ thing, I mean, I do understand the mechanics but it feels like there are things about it that could be improved. I went out for the first time and was slowly making my way away from the gate (that I was still basically right in front of) and I got killed almost instantly from someone that entered right behind me. Guess it was my fault for not expecting it? But it was also my first time, lol.

I have been doing solo dz a lot and thankfully having came across any total idiots but I'm sure that will change . Definitely needs more stuff to do in there , I find myself just exploring by myself and sneaking to quiet extraction zones when needed .

I've still yet to be able to unlock a lot of the chests yet by hopefully my dz level will be enough soon.

manfestival

Feels nothing like destiny , I'm a huge fan of both games but you can't compare them at all. Not only is the setting different , the shooting , rpg elements etc are all vastly different .

I love both games for different reasons .

I meant the concept behind the game. They are clearly very different games and I didnt play much of destiny but this seems pretty interesting so far.

TheMan

i gotta say, the game comes off as very meh to me right now. Generic weapons with generic armor in generic environments just ain't grabbing me. glad I played the beta, I can avoid the full game now.

Lunar FC

i gotta say, the game comes off as very meh to me right now. Generic weapons with generic armor in generic environments just ain't grabbing me. glad I played the beta, I can avoid the full game now.

The first two I can see, but generic enviorments? You just had a gun flight on the court in MSG bruh.

I believe...
lvl 8 gets their own instance.
lvl 4-7 get their own instance.

Ah okay thanks, level ranges makes more sense.

Klyka

Banned

lvl 8 has it's own bracket. that why you got split up. get her to lvl 8 as well and you won't be split.

splitting higher level players from lower levels is perfectly fine. the brackets are also entirely different in the actual game.

Klyka

Banned
PC continues its reputation as the friendliest DZ in town

Spent all night with friends, only ran into a handful of rogues and they were taken down within seconds. Pretty fun stuff, once again.
But I'm still not buying the game for $60.

You can always buy it for like 30-35$ on cdkeys.com if you are on PC?

ChrisW

So completed the main story missions and side missions, thought I'd enter the dark zone as a solo....what am I supposed to be doing????

I ran around for about 20 minutes and did pretty much nothing, saw tons people and followed them about and they all seemed to be doing the same thing, randomly running around.

Went to a few extraction points and that was a bit boring too.

Also what's up with the level enemies able to one tap you down to 10% health, I kept getting creamed when I just ran down a street cause I couldn't handle the 6 level 8 enemies around me!

It's possible for her to join you in your instance. I believe the option is under group management.

deoee

You can merge your zones via the group menu.
I think she has to go to your nickname and click something with Dark Zone OR you have to invite her again.

You can merge your zones via the group menu.
I think she has to go to your nickname and click something with Dark Zone OR you have to invite her again.

Yeah, that's how you do it!

You can only go to the higher DZ bracket, never lower (which makes sense).

ISOM

I don't think I like the Dark Zone's free for all type of game mode. I think it would be better if you can get choose typical multiplayer pvp game modes and maybe add something innovative to that.

deoee

So completed the main story missions and side missions, thought I'd enter the dark zone as a solo....what am I supposed to be doing????

I ran around for about 20 minutes and did pretty much nothing, saw tons people and followed them about and they all seemed to be doing the same thing, randomly running around.

Went to a few extraction points and that was a bit boring too.

Also what's up with the level enemies able to one tap you down to 10% health, I kept getting creamed when I just ran down a street cause I couldn't handle the 6 level 8 enemies around me!

Basically you hunt NPCs, chests and other players for better loot.
You get DZ Monez for kills which you can spend in the checkpoints (if you have the right lvl)

squidyj

DZ camping the extractions is brutal. Had a lot of players camping and racking up kills and loot. Have yet to extract something worthwhile too.

maybe it's because I'm on PC but I generally manage to get out alive, you really need to be watching around extractions.

First of all you don't actually need to be nearby, you can fuck off to a corner somewhere and wait until it's about to tick down.

Second, read the crowd. players who are rushing up on the point just want to get their stuff extracted on your line, look out for people who are hanging back and maintaining cover between themselves and the actual extraction point, they'll probably drop stickies on the point and rack up some easy kills.

When you see them hanging out like that you have to make a decision as to what you want to do. I'll usually pass on extracting my loot and try to find a position where I can watch them. If they don't do anything we can always call in another extraction, if they do then I'm ready.

If one extraction point is constantly busy try cycling over to another one. Rooftop is usually the busiest in my experience.

BraXzy

Damn, server maintenance just as I was about to extract in the DZ. Ahh well, its probably time I got up and ready anyway haha.

Enjoying this game a little too much.

Is there any point bothering with the various Division Tech/Tools etc? Or is that a crafting thing?

squidyj

Fucking love the chest changes btw, I've opened like 10 chests so far. well over the 0 I opened in closed beta. Getting close to my yellow weapon.

zkorejo

I like the fact there is a match making for solo players unlike Destiny (one of the main reasons why I stopped playing it apart from the horrible loot system).

I like this game... but it feels like something is missing. I dont want to attack people for no reason, it just feels wrong in this game but at the same time I enjoy pvp stuff in games.

Loot system is great, Esp. in Dark Zone everything can be taken away, adds alot of tension.

The world is amazing but it feels like there isnt much to do. Its just running .02 km to kill a group then extraction and the same thing over and over again in DZ. Maybe its because this is the beta version and final game would offer more. There should have been sidemissions like SP in DZ too.

Customization is great. Although I haven't even gotten 1 gun skin yet (or maybe its locked in the beta).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom