• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely love the dark zone. Fiance, myself and another friend grouped up there last night for a couple hours, place is a blast with friends. Only thing we noticed is it seemed really hard to tell who was rogue a couple of times. We engaged a rogue team and for some reason the rogues had no markings what so ever to show they were rogue for any of us. I thought in the last beta they had skulls over them or something.

Your DZ level has no direct bearing on their character level. You don't start the DZ at level 1, you start it at level 5 character and DZ level 1. DZ level only influences where you can go in DZ (not really in beta) and the Weapons u can equip

That's your dark zone rank. Not your level.
You start as a lvl 4 in camp hudson and can level up to lvl 8.
you need to do stuff outside the DZ to get XP and level up.

I'm getting confused. I got to the max level of 8 for the PvE area. Then went to the Dark Zone and I was rank 1 which does make you much easier to kill and makes it much more difficult to kill these higher level enemies.

Your character has two separate levels one for the regular PvE area and one for the Dark Zone.

So no matter what level you are from doing the campaign missions and quests you start at 1 when going to the Dark Zone.

ah i didn't realize that dark zone level was also related to enemies.. i thought it was for the chests and stuff

Raide

ah i didn't realize that dark zone level was also related to enemies.. i thought it was for the chests and stuff

It is for enemies to show their level within the DZ,, and also for some of the chests etc. You need a certain DZ rank to open some items. A certain rank for DZ loot from Vendors.

jet1911

I'm getting confused. I got to the max level of 8 for the PvE area. Then went to the Dark Zone and I was rank 1 which does make you much easier to kill and makes it much more difficult to kill these higher level enemies.

The reason ennemies are harder to kill in the DZ a s because they are mostly level 8 and that you probably have shit gears/weapons. Get better gear by doing the MSG mission on hard a couple of times.

Tecnniqe

Banned
March 8th - RIP Lifeo

tumblr_me0uamEz0I1rtemcdo3_r1_250.gif

Starviper

Anyone got recommended settings for a 4k setup on a 980 Ti? It holds up in most places but am wondering what settings could be cut down a bit to get it stable FPS-wise

Just started, not sure how I feel so far. Might change if I was playing with others. With that stated, if anyone wants to group up. Feel free to add me.

Uplay: Kettobase

Edit: Also is there a way to skip the intro and all that jazz when you create a new character? Cause oh my god, it's annoying.

Playing on PC this time feels a lot better. I suspect the damage model(?) is the same between PC and console, and since it's much easier to click on heads, enemies go down way faster.

Also, twinking is totally going to be a thing. I've stayed level 7, and just outfitted myself with blues from the vendors (STILL CAN'T FIND A DECENT BLUE SMG THOUGH). Any rogue I've come across recently has been horribly outclassed by my gear. They never stood a chance really.

With multiple character slots, people could totally setup twinks in particular brackets of the dark zone.

There is only one Level system. The regular levels you get by killing PvE enemies.

There is only one Rank system. The Rank you get buy killing anyone (Players or NPC) in the Dark Zone.

Rank does not change your "strength" in comparison to opponents whether they're Players or AI. It simply showcases your relative experience and gates access to certain gear and guns from the Vendors.

DZ Enemies are hard to kill and they hit hard because they're essetially Elites and Champions.

Green Health Bar NPCs = Friendly
Red Health Bar NPCs = Normal Enemies
Purple Health Bar NPCs = Stronger Enemies
Gold/Yellow Health Bar NPCs = Strongest Enemies

Things get choppy when 10+ players are in close proximity. Worse when you add in 5+ enemy AI. Woof.

Has anyone seen a purple M1A?

OyIb.jpg

Need more purples

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Huh. Chests are actually kinda worthwhile in the Dark Zone. Too bad it takes forever to get the fucking ranks right now to just even OPEN them.

HowZatOZ

Banned
These daily missions sound awesome, really cool that they entice you to compete in them but also if you do the best you'll get a super duper special reward. Hopefully there is more of those, definitely easy content to help bolster the rest of the game.

Wish I could check the DZ vendor outside the beta area, but they nerfed the grenade run :'(

Yes, I didn't have the required dark zone level yet to buy it from the vendor and when I finally had I couldn't find it anywhere, had to settle for a blue one ;(
Oh well, just beta anyway.

:(
I love that gun.

Gryph

Is there money to be made going rogue with a group and just hunting stragglers?

Or are these guys just trolling me by following and killing me when I have no gear?

2 times I've seen like 15 guys run to the extraction rope. Both times, NONE of them shot each other. Too shocked to remember to screen cap it.

Lunar FC

Not really having anybody that I reliably enjoy gaming with makes me nervous about this game when it comes out. I enjoy alot of things about it but going into the dark zone alone is just boring.

Is this game only going to be played in Dark Zones considering all the discussions are about these on forums?....everything else in the game seems pointless if that's the case.

Gryph

Is this game only going to be played in Dark Zones considering all the discussions are about these on forums?....everything else in the game seems pointless if that's the case.

I think its just the short length of the PVE stuff in the beta. Since there's only 2 missions / no crafting / no base upgrading we've all moved on to the PVP.

Well, I wouldn't consider the PvE content compelling, but it's possible they might add something worthwhile in the full game. YMMV.

Costia

Is there money to be made going rogue with a group and just hunting stragglers?
Or are these guys just trolling me by following and killing me when I have no gear?
AFAIK they get the money you drop. But most probably they are just killing everyone for the lulz.

G-Bus

Banned
Frig is this game difficult. Need to get some friends in on this. Riding solo is a bit much in the DZ.

Still undecided on how much I like the game.

M.W.

I asked in the division dev stream last night just how many people worked on the game. They said over 700

I need The Division GAF, or DiGAF (DGAF is DestinyGAF, the best GAF community! \o/)
Will it start within the |OT| and then take a life of its own in the Community like DGAF did or will it be planned ahead for the Community in terms of PC/XB1/PS4 "clans" or whatever?
Would like to start with a great group from the start. On PC.

Raide

Frig is this game difficult. Need to get some friends in on this. Riding solo is a bit much in the DZ.

Still undecided on how much I like the game.

If Solo DZ is ruining you, it usually means (a) You need to level your gear more or (b) Run around in a team murdering everything that moves and acquire said gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom