• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just went in the DZ as a level 7 with only yellow-tier weapons and got completely rekt by four level 7 NPCs. I was dead before I even realised what the hell happened.

My gear is shit, but it also seems like the NPCs got a damage buff.

How did you get a yellow weapon at level 7?

LifEndz

I can't seem to find ai enemies in the dark zone. Are they marked on the map or do they only appear when someone is extracting?

hydruxo

I can't seem to find ai enemies in the dark zone. Are they marked on the map or do they only appear when someone is extracting?

Alot of times they spawn near landmarks and extractions, but just keep running around and you'll run into some. They upped the spawn rate of AI so you should be finding them pretty often.

Definity

I've logged 9 hours in a BETA. I'm going to be in so much trouble when the full game hits. Crafting, min/maxing gear, looking for different gear sets (tank, dps, etc.), skill and talent builds....the list goes on.

Afro

i like how if you're at extraction and a team member tries to leave the team real quick to kill/steal everyone's loot, the rest of the members all get a few second warning to prepare for shit to go down if the guy actually decides to betray.

squidyj

you probably want to run a circuit of landmarks.

division tech, the library, and the sport equipment store are good places, and sometimes there's enemies in that contaminated zone in the top left corner of the map.

Tecnniqe

Banned
CbsrCLRWEAQYdp1.jpg

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Yep. So annoying when someone outruns you :p

Or someone that you didn't know was there comes around the corner while you're trying to rush up steps/building/high-place to give them a goodchase for the 15 second stray shot timer.

squidyj

I always get killed whenever they get cornered. Cornered animal syndrome is real. ._.

I pushed a couple times on a pack of cornered rogues who had gone up on a high ground place, just to keep their timers up. eventually other players showed up and we all pushed together and I got everything I lost back and then some.

LProtag

I have all blue stuff, but I don't seem to be doing much better than that.

I left a group I was with that was just going around in circles, and 10 minutes later ran into them again, but they were rogue. I had to put them down.

I feel dumb for not scrolling down on the video options menu...I did not know there were so many more options to crank up. After I did that, the game went from looking meh to looking very nice. Sure it doesn't look as good (to me anyways) compared to what we were shown a few years ago, but I'm still pleased with how good it looks. I think I have everything at max except for AA and am getting mostly 60 fps @ 1440p. I've noticed dips down to around 52-53 fps in some areas.

4790k @ 4.5ghz
16gb ddr3 ram
980ti ~10% or so OC.

The game itself is fun to play, especially when I got my hands on a bolt action rifle with a decent scope. Now I have to venture into the dark zone, but, I'm a big scaredy cat. I don't know if I would drop $60 on it at launch, but I'll probably pick it up when it hits $40 on sale.

Boss Mog

So I got myself stuck and I have no clue how to get out. I thought exiting and relaunching the game would get me out of my little area where I'm stuck but no I was right back in it when the game reloaded. I tried to kill myself too but I can't seem to do it.

EDIT: nvm I was able to kill myself. But man that was ridiculous.

hydruxo

When you're rogue and getting chased down by like 2 different groups, but you go in the sewers and nobody knows where you are

image.php

Furyous

Is the final game going to have factions?

I am 40 minutes away from joining the madness but want to know whether or not to expect factions.

On XB1 how do I make Dark Zone randoms voices play through my chat headset instead of my TV speakers? This is the only game that sends it to the TV.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
All I can say as a rogue player is the best strategy for living out a bounty is to run.
Never
Stop
Running.

Specifically to the underground.

On XB1 how do I make Dark Zone randoms voices play through my chat headset instead of my TV speakers? This is the only game that sends it to the TV.

Pretty sure proxy chat is classified as game sounds, so Xbox sends it through with the other game sounds. Groups and party chat goes through the chat channel.

Calcium

Banned
I'm just not having fun in the DZ anymore. I think I might end up passing on this. It's odd though, initially I really enjoyed it. I just soured on the experience so fast.

SamuraiX-

Just found the underground entrance to the subways just outside the DZ! Descending into the ruin left me a bit on edge. Completely desolate. Reminds me of Dead Space 2.

Bold One

This game is so weird. I go from loving it to hating it to being bored with it and then back to loving it all within an hour.

It gets old quick, then something cool happens and then it gets old quick - rinse and repeat

The problem as I see it is that there is no grand end game, no over-arching lore, no real intrigue thats out there, youre just a normal as dude, shooting normal ass guns at other normal ass dudes

hopefully the story and story-telling is good

Mullah88

I have all blue stuff, but I don't seem to be doing much better than that.

I left a group I was with that was just going around in circles, and 10 minutes later ran into them again, but they were rogue. I had to put them down.

I prioritize my play style towards having more health than dps, or tech. You last longer during the face to face shoot out to see who drops first (also accounts if the other player has a weaker weapon). Also have all blue gear and a couple of purple attachments but still use some green gear that ups the overall health stat

mnemonicj

Man, this is a really bad game. I keep shooting people and they die only after I unload my whole clip. I am passing on this cheap cover shooter clone.

Mahonay

Banned
Well I played the beta for the first time today on PS4 and enjoyed the hell out of it. I think I'll likely be buying this game now. Hooked me in a way that Destiny really didn't. My Saturday disappeared in a blink of an eye. Got my character up to PvE level 8, and PvP level 9. Played with friends for most of that time.

But, I still want to see how much depth will be there in the full game. That's the main reason Destiny let me down, the fact it ended up being painfully shallow.

Pejo

Just a couple of impressions from a guy that was addicted to Destiny, and has played both the closed and open beta of this game:

-Do not like the damage buff to the DZ AI enemies. A little would have been fine, but this buff is very serious. Couple that with the haphazard ways enemies spawn, and you can end up with 2-3 enemies directly behind you while trying to extract. It just reeks of "unfair".

-I think this game is going to cause fights between friends. When Player A is sitting with half an inventory full of purples, and that lovable idiot Player B shoots somebody's drone and goes rogue, you are going to get mad.

-The content drought will be real. Granted I played both Betas, so I've seen everything there is, but fighting the same rotating factions of human enemies and grinding Dark Zone is going to get old super fast.

-The missions are ok, but there haven't been any real "wow" moments so far. Also, I'm sure they're trying to make you use strategies like "fall back" and "flank the enemy" but 99% of encounters are easier done by just camping near the entrance of a given area. Not sure how to get around this, but without the gunplay and maneuverability of Destiny to back it up, I think these are going to get old/boring really quick.

-Loot system feels pretty good. You don't get so much that you're worrying about micromanaging inventory, but you get enough that you're always looking at whatever piece you get.

-Outfits are super depressing. Probably going for the realism thing, but every coat I've got in this beta is either brown, blue, or grey.

Anyways, since my Destiny friends are on board, I'm of course going to play, since 90% of the fun I had in this game is due to them, but I honestly see this one being abandoned way quicker than Destiny.

yeah I'm not counting on that at all based on what we've seen so far

the game actively encourages you to skip the cutscenes cause they're so dull lol

Anyways, since my Destiny friends are on board, I'm of course going to play, since 90% of the fun I had in this game is due to them, but I honestly see this one being abandoned way quicker than Destiny.

i feel the same way.. destiny's content drought being at an all time low makes this games release convenient but it'll probably just hold me over for a little bit.. i don't see me playing it for a year like i did destiny

Quazar

It gets old quick, then something cool happens and then it gets old quick - rinse and repeat

The problem as I see it is that there is no grand end game, no over-arching lore, no real intrigue thats out there, youre just a normal as dude, shooting normal ass guns at other normal ass dudes

No offense but we don't know shit about endgame last I checked. It's a beta, you're not supposed to anyways.

Woodchipper

The graphics and the sounds in this game is just amazing. It actually looks like real life at a few occasions!

The HUD kinda ruins it at times though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom