• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanofcall

Allrighty, after open and closed beta I'm really excited for it. I just hope they pull off a nice story, too. With the Division not being the "good guys" per se etc. because in such a scenario there's hardy a "good guy". There's just opinions.
I just like myself some grey characters

SomTervo

Shit.

Why did nobody tell me this was amazing.

It feels like a culmination of Rainbow Six, Splinter Cell and GRAW - best bits of each from the last 10 years - mixed in with some other nice new aspects. Bloody brilliant.

For me, there's seriously almost as much content in this beta alone as there was in the entirety of Destiny. I love just running about doing random side shit. In Destiny that stuff was tedious after 30 mins. In this i literally played for 4 hours straight doing only that - and it felt like 10 mins. And that's only a fraction of what will be in the full game (if the map's anything to go by).

Now the question is whether to buy on PS4 or PC... PC is probably a wiser choice but something about it rings of console game to me.

z3phon

so it takes just one shot for you to be marked as rogue?
Im shooting NPCs and some random guy runs right infront of me while shooting and I get marked as rogue.
Also on the PS4 I don't really hear other people talking on the mics, does the beta have proximity chat?

so it takes just one shot for you to be marked as rogue?
Im shooting NPCs and some random guy runs right infront of me while shooting and I get marked as rogue.
Also on the PS4 I don't really hear other people talking on the mics, does the beta have proximity chat?

Maybe with enough damage one shot could do it?

G_Berry

Banned
The graphics and the sounds in this game is just amazing. It actually looks like real life at a few occasions!

The HUD kinda ruins it at times though.
You can disable the hud. Set hud to auto hide and the one that's always next to your character disappears and can be brought up by pressing square. Way better.

TitusTroy

did they add the Parkour Mode setting for the consoles?...the PC version has had it and it makes a huge difference with it enabled...

TitusTroy

What is it?

lYdletvh.png

So is there supposed to be more to do in the Dark Zone in the main game? Finding chests, killing rogue agents, and finding extraction points seems like it will get old pretty quick.

I know it's not to everyone's liking but one of the many things I like about the game is the change of pace, I actually enjoy relaxing a bit and wondering around

image.jpg

Tainted

did they add the Parkour Mode setting for the consoles?...the PC version has had it and it makes a huge difference with it enabled...

I find it annoying when turned on actually. Found myself constantly accidently jumping over cover when I just wanted to take cover, accidently vaulting over railings etc etc

Im sure you have to get used to it being on..but in my experience, it annoyed the hell out of me

It gets old quick, then something cool happens and then it gets old quick - rinse and repeat

The problem as I see it is that there is no grand end game, no over-arching lore, no real intrigue thats out there, youre just a normal as dude, shooting normal ass guns at other normal ass dudes

hopefully the story and story-telling is good

I agree, it gets old quick amd I hope they have some sort of plan for this game that doesnt include trying to milk players for all their money. You also forgot to mention that the normal-ass dudes don't die when you shoot them 1000 times in the face.
I love parts of the game but am definitely not feeling a lot of it

Tecnniqe

Banned
where are they located?...I saw a few Cleaners in the Subway, is that one of the hidden ones?

In the contaminated zone top of the map by the extraction zone (parking garage) there is a chance to find "boss" spawn :)

Freaked me the fk out the first time, as it was in a snowstorm as well and all i could see was gigantic flames coming at me

ok, but that's not the same as auto jumping/climbing when sprinting...

I found that feature quite annoying when perma on, as it vault everything and everyone, even if its a thing above you that you can run under.

I find it annoying when turned on actually. Found myself constantly accidently jumping over cover when I just wanted to take cover, accidently vaulting over railings etc etc

Im sure you have to get used to it being on..but in my experience, it annoyed the hell out of me

I really wish you could swap the cover and vault buttons

TitusTroy

I found that feature quite annoying when perma on, as it vault everything and everyone, even if its a thing above you that you can run under.

that does happen to me in 1 particular spot on the map where there's an open fence with NPC enemies on the other side...it always climbs over the top versus going through the front door...but it only happens in that 1 spot so for my style of play I prefer it enabled...especially when I want to vault over the tons of abandoned cars on the streets

Played it for a few more hours and had to turn off the HUD. Ubisoft always spend years creating these incredibly detailed immersive open worlds & then slap an overbearing HUD on top of everything, it's as if they don't trust the player to play the game correctly.

Obviously it's personal preference, but I feel like this game could have been a lot better if they took a bare bones approach & dropped all the hand holding & dictating done by the HUD. Give it more of a DayZ feel exploring the dark zone when all the loot & potential threatening players aren't already highlighted in advance.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Yea that mode is definitely not on, at least not for me.

Playing on Xbox One, have to hit B to get over any obstacle when sprinting, no matter the size.

Guys, don't forget to check doors into buildings. There are hidden places that lead into apartments rooms where you can find loot. One is between 23/24 street and 8/9 ave.

After playing the second mission and revisiting the dark zone I decided to hold off. Depending on reviews I'll pick it up for 20€ in the future, maybe.

I fear this turns out as another Destiny kind of situation.

oakenhild

Had my first crash on PC after about 10 hours. Black screen and everything. Hard restart the pc.

Not bad for a beta, I guess.

One thing I can't get working is my mic and voice chat in-game. Everything I've tried on PC doesn't seem to work. Sort of frustrating.

Bold One

I agree, it gets old quick amd I hope they have some sort of plan for this game that doesnt include trying to milk players for all their money. You also forgot to mention that the normal-ass dudes don't die when you shoot them 1000 times in the face.
I love parts of the game but am definitely not feeling a lot of it

Should have gone the TLOU route with clickers, infected, zombies, bloaters etc..

shake things up a bit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom