• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should have gone the TLOU route with clickers, infected, zombies, bloaters etc..

shake things up a bit

That would be cool. I feel like they are keeping something like that kind of mode secret. Don't know why, just getting that vibe. It feels like something they could have in this setting

z3phon

After playing the second mission and revisiting the dark zone I decided to hold off. Depending on reviews I'll pick it up for 20€ in the future, maybe.

I fear this turns out as another Destiny kind of situation.
Pretty much the same feeling. I really like the shooting and the feel of the game, more than I thought I would but I have a bad feeling that it'll end up being the same as Destiny.
Not sure about dark zones so far, it feels like it'll end up getting very old really quick.

Here's my first hour in the Dark Zone condensed into 37 seconds.
I'm glad I tried this game out during the beta. I had zero interest in this game prior to playing it for myself, but now I'm a few steps from pre-ordering it.
This is pretty much how my experience has been so far LOL

EL CUCO

The Liberator is pretty nasty. I like that I have to swap my set up around to optimize my gear in order to take full advantage of its perks.

I've been running around the Dark Zone solo like a ninja chopping down any groups of rogues I see with ease. They pass me by after they respawn and dont even mess with me. B)

Wanderer5

Did another run through in the Dark Zone, and honestly beside the added tension of PvP, Dark Zone seems kind of boring. I noticed that the extracted point at the parking garage kept being activated through heh. Maybe I checked that place out when I do one more run through tomorrow probably.

chixdiggit

I think I am done with the beta until the full game comes out.
I remember something about bonus loot for Beta players. Do I need to accomplish a certain goal?

Archpath1

Mmmm so close to 6k.
Gonna tweak health a bit more

Screenshot-Original.png

CrovaxPSO

Wasn't really sold on this game because of the dark zone, don't like getting ganked for loot, but I just watched two groups open fire on each other and then die to some AI that spawned. So I cleaned up the AI and ran around punching everyone who hadn't gone down yet. Ended up with five bags of loot for minimal work. Maybe the dark zone is alright.

Effect

Managed to put in a few hours into the game. Surprisingly better then I thought it would be but don't know if I'm willing to pay $60 for it. Didn't expect it to be as solo friendly/focused as it was. Not a complaint though, just surprised. It ran pretty well on my system and even controlled decently.

ironcreed

Banned
I healed one guy, only for him to kill me while I was not looking. Then I later ran into him again with his buddy at an extraction point and they let me extract my loot before opening up on me. I ended up killing them both and it felt so good. I had a much better night tonight.

Geist-

I think it is going to be one of the best games of the year and will be huge. Ubi has a hit on their hands and they know it.
I hope you're right. I'm considering getting it on steam so I can get a refund if reviews turn against it. Anyone know what Gaf's demographics will be in terms of platform of choice? I know DestinyGAF is dominated by PS4 players and would be really bummed to find out DivisionGAF is the same.

ironcreed

Banned
I hope you're right. I'm considering getting it on steam so I can get a refund if reviews turn against it. Anyone know what Gaf's demographics will be in terms of platform of choice? I know DesyinyGAF is dominated by PS4 players and would be really bummed to find out DivisionGAF is the same.

No clue. I'll be playing on Xbox One.

Kalentan

Question, what's the mission that gets you access to something at launch? I was thinking of just doing that and not playing anymore. Is it hard to get to?

Wanace

Feels like 3rd person Destiny to me. I didn't play Destiny very long and I'm already not on board with this one. I can see the appeal because there are a lot of differences but it just didn't grab me.

Animator

Man it's really fucking dumb how people can just walk into your fire and make the whole team go rogue. Really turning me off from the game.

I am really not felling how sloppy and unintuitive the controls are. Still wish there was a crouch button and a cover system like mgsv or even tlou
I also find the menus a mess.

Tovarisc

Man it's really fucking dumb how people can just walk into your fire and make the whole team go rogue. Really turning me off from the game.

Don't let few griefing douches push you away from this game :/ Baiting people with handgun is one thing, but right out running into incendiary grenades, lines of fires or shooting at other players turret so it attacks shooter and turns owner into rogue is just pure douchery. Luckily those douches seem to be very rare.

Sorry if this has been asked before but how do you get more medical supplies? Or do yo not get anymore at all

Containers like medical backpacks scattered into environment and resupply boxes [e.g. every DZ checkpoint has resupply].

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Sorry if this has been asked before but how do you get more medical supplies? Or do yo not get anymore at all

Resupplies in the Bank and Dark Zone safe zones will give you the max of 3 medikits.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Don't let few griefing douches push you away from this game :/ Baiting people with handgun is one thing, but right out running into incendiary grenades, lines of fires or shooting at other players turret so it attacks shooter and turns owner into rogue is just pure douchery. Luckily those douches seem to be very rare.

Actually, they aren't. And it's going to get worse when those douches get properly geared up at low levels. There's too many weird design decisions that make Dark Zone utterly stupid and not worth playing. I don't blame people that are sour on it.

Containers like medical backpacks scattered into environment and resupply boxes [e.g. every DZ checkpoint has resupply].

Resupplies in the Bank and Dark Zone safe zones will give you the max of 3 medikits.

I should have clarified better that I meant supplies for the medical wing and I found out just by doing random encounter missions

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I hope you're right. I'm considering getting it on steam so I can get a refund if reviews turn against it. Anyone know what Gaf's demographics will be in terms of platform of choice? I know DestinyGAF is dominated by PS4 players and would be really bummed to find out DivisionGAF is the same.
I'm expecting it to be similar to DestinyGAF, meaning XB1 players are going to be almost nonexistent during discussions.

Tovarisc

Actually, they aren't. And it's going to get worse when those douches get properly geared up at low levels. There's too many weird design decisions that make Dark Zone utterly stupid and not worth playing. I don't blame people that are sour on it.

Beta DZ will be PvP clusterfuck like it was in closed beta, people just get bored of AI stuff and start going at it. I just would then mention to keep in mind that 25 players [DZ instance population cap] are forced to stay within in tiny, few blocks, area in beta. In full release that 25 players will be within whole DZ area. That is a lot area for 25 players so PvP will be rare occurrence, most likely.

I'm one of those "properly geared" players in open beta, I quite like putting those douches down and helping others to stay safe.

Edit:
I should have clarified better that I meant supplies for the medical wing and I found out just by doing random encounter missions

Check noticeboard in Camp Hudson & Base of Operations both, should ping minor events and such to your map. Ones marked with green icon give resources for medical wing.

Edit: Once cleared those there really isn't way to get more in beta

There are some weird hit detection issues with some of the objects in the environment. Escalators in particular seems to have invisible walls all around them to block shots.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I can see the Dark Zone getting very frustrating for solo players. No matter how good your gear is a 4 men group will always destroy you if they are good equiped.

But when i played solo i gotta say i rarely encountered assholes who went rogue. Sure here and there but most the time everyone just wants to get his own loot savely to the chopper.

I think it is going to be one of the best games of the year and will be huge. Ubi has a hit on their hands and they know it.

I am 100% of this opinion. Well, with the added caveat that those who wait for reviews aren't going to get much in the way of knowing how good the game really is.

Destiny reviewed very well but had terrible content issues for a long time, which only became apparent at the end of the game (something most reviewers won't bother with).

The core game of Division is fantastic so I expect very solid 8's for the most part. There's a chance that Destiny's issues initially will create a more cautious approach to review the game (doubtful).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom