• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjaelke

In your stash. There's a tab called "Extracted"
So annoying to have to run back to your base to pick up loot. Why is this a thing? I understand needing to pick it up SOMEWHERE but I really can't pick it up at the entrance to the DZ or at least fast travel to the DZ?

Full version will have Safe Houses around the map that you can access your stash from and presumably fast travel to.

the-division7-1200x664.jpg

So I extracted a bunch of stuff but had to log off before I could fast travel to base and get it. When I logged back in my stash at base was empty is this normal?

Trouble

Banned
Matchmaking in DZ is almost worse than trying to solo it.

Worst MP I've seen in a "AAA" game this generation. Whoever was in charge of the design should be fired. This game is starting out with its legs chopped off.

lt519

Ah yeah, I decided to focus more on dps, I have about 5000dps. That probably helps with the frustration

Haha yeah that'll do it I guess. Still figuring out what builds are viable, etc. There seemingly isn't much of a reason to do a tank build solo or for PvE. I ran healer/tank with my buddy in DZ and often ran decoy at extraction points to tease out any poachers. But that assumes having a party playing off each build. Otherwise playing solo everyone will just go glass cannon to deal with the sponges.

Post a pic of that 5000dps build, that's crazy.

Trouble

Banned
At least solo you never have any hope that you might extract that nice gun that you picked up. Teaming up with pubs just sets you up for disappointment.

Raide

I couldn't even find the DZ. Did you have to reach a rank, walk to a certain location or was it accessed through a menu?

You do some missions and one of them sends you to the DZ.

At least solo you never have any hope that you might extract that nice gun that you picked up. Teaming up with pubs just sets you up for disappointment.

Pretty much every online/MMO focused game that has pub matchmaking, is just asking for trouble. The chance of getting bad players or utter jerks is pretty high.

I think if you like to Solo, then The Division might not be for you, since the meat of the game seems to come from DZ interactions.

komplanen

NskwGqn.png

How do I know what to do to get the extra item at launch? Just play the beta? Reach a goal? Pick it up in the beta? Do a mission? What extra mission? What?

idonteven

think im gonna go glass cannon on the main game and just snipe fools

i really miss a button to look behind you when you are running away :( kinda like how dayz does it

Trouble

Banned
Pretty much every online/MMO focused game that has pub matchmaking, is just asking for trouble. The chance of getting bad players or utter jerks is pretty high.

I think if you like to Solo, then The Division might not be for you, since the meat of the game seems to come from DZ interactions.

I just want to be able to jump online and play some MP (and have fun) without having to coordinate with people outside the game.

Decent matchmaking almost doesn't matter though. It really just boils down to this game having utterly shit MP design.

E: I will say I have yet to have a teammate quit the team and try to TK. Having no idea if a teammate is holding anything worthwhile probably helps in that regard.

Lucifon

NskwGqn.png

How do I know what to do to get the extra item at launch? Just play the beta? Reach a goal? Pick it up in the beta? Do a mission? What extra mission? What?
In the other betas I believe it was just by logging in to the beta. Could be different this time but I imagine it's the same.

You do some missions and one of them sends you to the DZ.

Ta. Which mission is it?

I quite enjoyed playing it up to now, even did a mission with matchmaking with pubs which was pretty good; although you could see lag when using the scoped rifle as it would take a second or two to register.

I need to team up with gaffers then as really want this game but dont have anyone to play with.

ChrisW

When you help someone kill some NPC's and they run into your Molly for 1 seconds sending you rouge and then he tried to kill you.... Nice!

Trouble

Banned
When you help someone kill some NPC's and they run into your Molly for 1 seconds sending you rouge and then he tried to kill you.... Nice!

Or when a teammate makes the whole team rogue and you get murdered by someone standing right behind you.

Raide

Ta. Which mission is it?

I quite enjoyed playing it up to now, even did a mission with matchmaking with pubs which was pretty good; although you could see lag when using the scoped rifle as it would take a second or two to register.

I need to team up with gaffers then as really want this game but dont have anyone to play with.

I am sure you just do the Base Unlock, Hospital one and they will send you to the DZ. Just follow the short chain of main missions and you will get there.

I just want to be able to jump online and play some MP (and have fun) without having to coordinate with people outside the game.

Decent matchmaking almost doesn't matter though. It really just boils down to this game having utterly shit MP design.

E: I will say I have yet to have a teammate quit the team and try to TK. Having no idea if a teammate is holding anything worthwhile probably helps in that regard.

This is one of the best pvp games I have played. There are real consequences to any action you choose, I have had awesome luck with randoms either being reasonable people or helpful. Couple guys went rogue by accident tossing a grenade the wrong way, put their hands up and we waved at them signalling its ok and chatted a moment, wished them luck and we all went on our way with our loot. I have had this happen more often than running into rogues. In my experience the entire server was cracking down on rogues like it was their job. PS4 by the way.

I just found a blue heavy duty mask but it won't let me equip it and won't tell me why

It's level 7, I'm level 7, huh

Edit - I had to get out of a contaminated zone to switch masks, cool

Elmertos

When matchmaking to an mission, if you miss the join the party prompt or don't press is long enough, how do you get it back?
Had to start the matchmaking 3 times before getting in a group, everytime it said there is players waiting. But no prompt or I messed up with the join button.

Trouble

Banned
This is one of the best pvp games I have played. There are real consequences to any action you choose, I have had awesome luck with randoms either being reasonable people or helpful. Couple guys went rogue by accident tossing a grenade the wrong way, put their hands up and we waved at them signalling its ok and chatted a moment, wished them luck and we all went on our way with our loot. I have had this happen more often than running into rogues. In my experience the entire server was cracking down on rogues like it was their job. PS4 by the way.

I keep hearing stories like this, then I go to the DZ and it's nothing but murder squads looking to fuck over everyone for the lulz.

z3phon

I keep hearing stories like this, then I go to the DZ and it's nothing but murder squads looking to fuck over everyone for the lulz.
Same experience for me. Are people using mics to chat because I haven't come across anyone all day in DZ using voice chat.

SJRB

Gold Member
NskwGqn.png

Pretty sure you got a Ubi Club popup when you first started the game that you participated in the open beta, I think that's enough.

What the hell? I fire up the PS4 this morning after playing about 30 mins on Friday and the Beta is gone! I have to re download it again!? How did that happen?

Kane1345

I was in there for 3 hours last night and only had 2/3 rogues in the entire zone. Maybe I was lucky to get into one where mostly everyone went rogue hunting or just killed NPCs. PS4 btw

ryanofcall

Same experience for me. Are people using mics to chat because I haven't come across anyone all day in DZ using voice chat.

Sometimes proximity chat is buggy, and lots of people use ms/sony party chat on consoles so they wont hear anything from ingame or hear anytging from ingame :/
I hope final release will make it clear that it's more fun to use the ingame voice chat rather than ps/ms voicechat

You can stealth past the murder squads. I was using concealment like a mad to avoid being spotted by their pings. I would monitor their movement and slip by them, group up with the other non ron-rogues and we would all move in on them and light them up. We didn't always win but we got a few good runs on them and I got my stuff back :) I know how much it sucks being routed over and over. Use the spawns to put distance between the griefers and you and make sure your abilities fit your situation as best they can. It's entrely possible to succeed even with jerks trying to kill everyone.

squidyj

There is some terrible, terrible lag on the PS4 version that I hope they iron out.

Don't buy the Gold LMG, the Liberator is better than it.

i regret buying the pakhan..... I mean I bought the liberator first I'm not an idiot.
but I still regret buying the pakhan, now I have to farm more credits before I can resume the checkpoint carousel.

LMGs just seem bad in this game.

Ont

I can see the potential problem of the full game running out of new things to do very quickly. Which is why it is a shame that the developers are playing it too safe by limiting PVP and most non-party player interactions to the Dark Zones. Like with Destiny, the content in this game will be limited by budgets, development time and hard drive space requirements, which is why it is a shame that they haven't given more tools for the players to really make the game world more interesting. It seems like a neutered version of the original Division pitch which they sold to me. PVE zones are not that interesting after you have seen all the repetitive AI encounters 20+ times and you realise that you are mainly farming for more spinmetal.

I will buy it because it is another co-op game to play on Xbox One, but I don't think that the game itself is anything groundbreaking. It feels like a compromise, trying to please everyone.

TitusTroy

so if you want to go Rogue on purpose you pretty much have to look for the players by themselves with no group right?...otherwise the rest of the guys will kill you...same thing with the Extraction zone...you can't really go Rogue there because it's filled up with people

deoee

so if you want to go Rogue on purpose you pretty much have to look for the players by themselves with no group right?...otherwise the rest of the guys will kill you...same thing with the Extraction zone...you can't really go Rogue there because it's filled up with people

Or you can play smart and ambush a group.
Like come from 2 sides, let one of your people bait them etc.

Kane1345

So I've been in the Darkzone for about 30 mins and experienced these things already.

1. Approached a team of 3 rogues from behind, shot and killed one of them and then ran like crazy to a group of players chasing rogues. A fun firefight ensued.

2. Went down into the subway and killed a bunch of yellow cleaners, one of them could spawn TURRETS which I didn't even know NPCs could do, which is cool.

3. I saw a duo of rogues kill a player, grab his loot, and then one of them proceeded to kill the other rogue player take the loot and run off...
I assume they were either 2 solo rogues that made an uneasy alliance against one guy or.....someone got betrayed xD

All fun in the Darkzone.

ryanofcall

I think that's the whole point. DZ is supposed to be an MMO open world hard mode of Division. That punishes you a lot more if you die (losing currency), and not a PVP warzone. At least it feels like that to me.

Ushay

I think we can say that, your Beta...

Went rogue.

Haha, gave a much needed laugh on a shitty Sunday morning at work.

OT - Since playing the Beta for about 6 hours, I have to say this game has me hooked, but I'll hold fire for reviews and impressions first.

Note to self. NEVER use turrets in the DZ.

They mark you as rogue if they accidentally fire upon players. Or if players intentionally walk in front of one.

MaxiLive

Hey, guys. I just found out there is going to be a midnight launch of The Division in my humble little town! Are you guys having a midnight launch somewhere else too? I am really excited, this will be my first midnight launch XD

Hype going through the roof!

I've always wanted to experience a midnight launch but nowhere local has done one before for a game I'm interested in, plus I've not know anyone else interested in checking out a midnight launch.

I hope you have fun ^.^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom