• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

G_Berry

Banned
You can stealth past the murder squads. I was using concealment like a mad to avoid being spotted by their pings. I would monitor their movement and slip by them, group up with the other non ron-rogues and we would all move in on them and light them up. We didn't always win but we got a few good runs on them and I got my stuff back :) I know how much it sucks being routed over and over. Use the spawns to put distance between the griefers and you and make sure your abilities fit your situation as best they can. It's entrely possible to succeed even with jerks trying to kill everyone.

I love playing this solo more than in a squad funnily enough. Basically I make it my mission to troll rouge griefers like some kind of DZ superhero.

There's nothing better than coaxing one of them away from their pack and murdering him leaving the rest of them thinking wtf is going on. Then, slowly follow the rest around from a distance until the poor sap you murdered comes running back. From here I like to fire off warning shots or break a few windows close by to freak them out ultimately waiting for them to again go rouge. This is where I begin the trollage.

I have the whole pack either follow me underground (my home turf) or into one of the many mob packs in the DZ. I run straight through the mobs, dropping my turret in the process. While they're all busy dealing with the mobs, I'll pick them off one by one or throw flash bangs in to troll further. One will get downed and then one of his mates will try revive which means it's grenade time. Once they're gone, mop up the other two and any remaining mobs and collect the loot if any.

I don't stop there. I'll head to the nearest safe spawn and wait. They usually come out together and head back to where they were owned but I'll sit back, following, waiting for them to go rouge once more and repeat the process.

My game of the year for sure.

Jaroof

Loving the hell out of this game! Wasn't sure before, but now I'm gonna have to get it when it drops.

My one complaint is one that's been mentioned quite a few times already - while in the dark zone, it's much too easy to become Rogue.
Earlier, I was shooting at an enemy AI player, and some guy runs into my line of fire, turning me rogue almost immediately.

I think it should take a few shots to turn someone rogue. Shooting one or two bullets at someone by accident happens way too often. I think it should be 4 or 5. Also, while you're shooting those four or five shots, the damage against the player is reduced until you're actually rogue, and they're your actual enemy. Then, damage should return to normal.

AngerdX

i regret buying the pakhan..... I mean I bought the liberator first I'm not an idiot.
but I still regret buying the pakhan, now I have to farm more credits before I can resume the checkpoint carousel.

LMGs just seem bad in this game.

Actually they seem good for surpressing, but the need for that mechanic in beta is quite limited and i can easily see it become something you´ll need to use in harder encounters amongst other stuff.

@ Jaroof Problem is there is no guarantee on how many shots it takes, sometimes i can hit them a couple of times before it turns you rogue, others it´s enough with one hit, seems it depends on a certain amount of dmg done and not amount of shots, now i can be dead wrong but that is how it feels when i think back on it.

TitusTroy

I think that's the whole point. DZ is supposed to be an MMO open world hard mode of Division. That punishes you a lot more if you die (losing currency), and not a PVP warzone. At least it feels like that to me.

yeah that's a good way to describe it...too many people are calling Dark Zone the pvp area but it's not really pvp...it's mostly just a loot collection zone with stronger enemies and possible pvp...all the hours I've played the Rogues have been a small percentage of the overall DZ...unless something changes in the final release and Rogue groups become the cool thing to do

SJRB

Gold Member
Don't forget that the Dark Zone will be drastically bigger in size in the final game, but the player count will be the same. Not to mention the DZ's will be split into several tiers, spreading people out even more.

So the chances of running into grief/gank squads will be much smaller. The DZ is mostly a meatgrinder now, but I expect the final game to be much more "relaxed" in that regard.

Vorheez

Loving the hell out of this game! Wasn't sure before, but now I'm gonna have to get it when it drops.

My one complaint is one that's been mentioned quite a few times already - while in the dark zone, it's much too easy to become Rogue.
Earlier, I was shooting at an enemy AI player, and some guy runs into my line of fire, turning me rogue almost immediately.

I think it should take a few shots to turn someone rogue. Shooting one or two bullets at someone by accident happens way too often. I think it should be 4 or 5. Also, while you're shooting those four or five shots, the damage against the player is reduced until you're actually rogue, and they're your actual enemy. Then, damage should return to normal.

Actually they seem good for surpressing, but the need for that mechanic in beta is quite limited and i can easily see it become something you´ll need to use in harder encounters amongst other stuff.

@ Jaroof Problem is there is no guarantee on how many shots it takes, sometimes i can hit them a couple of times before it turns you rogue, others it´s enough with one hit, seems it depends on a certain amount of dmg done and not amount of shots, now i can be dead wrong but that is how it feels when i think back on it.

Add them to your friends list.

Also this game don't feature clips at all I think.
Only magazinerinos

im probably doing the same

yeah that's a good way to describe it...too many people are calling Dark Zone the pvp area but it's not really pvp...it's mostly just a loot collection zone with stronger enemies and possible pvp...all the hours I've played the Rogues have been a small percentage of the overall DZ...unless something changes in the final release and Rogue groups become the cool thing to do

Don't forget that the Dark Zone will be drastically bigger in size in the final game, but the player count will be the same. Not to mention the DZ's will be split into several tiers, spreading people out even more.

So the chances of running into grief/gank squads will be much smaller. The DZ is mostly a meatgrinder now, but I expect the final game to be much more "relaxed" in that regard.

I love playing this solo more than in a squad funnily enough. Basically I make it my mission to troll rouge griefers like some kind of DZ superhero.

There's nothing better than coaxing one of them away from their pack and murdering him leaving the rest of them thinking wtf is going on. Then, slowly follow the rest around from a distance until the poor sap you murdered comes running back. From here I like to fire off warning shots or break a few windows close by to freak them out ultimately waiting for them to again go rouge. This is where I begin the trollage.

I have the whole pack either follow me underground (my home turf) or into one of the many mob packs in the DZ. I run straight through the mobs, dropping my turret in the process. While they're all busy dealing with the mobs, I'll pick them off one by one or throw flash bangs in to troll further. One will get downed and then one of his mates will try revive which means it's grenade time. Once they're gone, mop up the other two and any remaining mobs and collect the loot if any.

I don't stop there. I'll head to the nearest safe spawn and wait. They usually come out together and head back to where they were owned but I'll sit back, following, waiting for them to go rouge once more and repeat the process.

My game of the year for sure.

The game is lagging like hell. Was working perfectly fine yesterday. I know it's not my connection.
What time does the beta end?

AngerdX

Hmm, any that would be up for teaming up in DZ, i need to farm 4,3k DZ cash, so want to try the Liberator.

Feel free to add me on uplay Angerdx

Tecnniqe

Banned
Thanks.

Nobody reads the first post in a 63 page OT thread for a 3 day beta. And if you say you do, you're lying.

Thanks for the response, anyways. Took you two seconds. Could have just answered my question initially.
Well if people did it would save us 50% of the pages

deoee

Thanks.

Nobody reads the first post in a 63 page OT thread for a 3 day beta. And if you say you do, you're lying.

Thanks for the response, anyways. Took you two seconds. Could have just answered my question initially.

I'd have to look it up too.
When I enter a thread for the first time I at least skim through the OP to get a general Idea.

leng jai

Thanks.

It's pretty obvious a question like that would be answered in the OP.

bjaelke

After dispatching several of the Cleaner leaders, it’s time to use this brief window to better equip yourself. With the Cleaners in disarray after you collectively took out 11.8 million of their leaders, we have an opportunity to head into the Dark Zone and claim some highly valuable equipment. As a reward for reaching yesterday’s goal, every agent now has multiple Dark Zone keys that can be used to access locked crates throughout the area. One agent, josechutorechu, took it upon themselves to see the Cleaner’s organization dismantled and took out 82 of their leaders. As a reward, this agent will receive a unique reward for the outstanding effort. Not everyone was successful while extracting, however. Some ran into issues with NPCs or other agents who were overcome by the possibilities of looting that precious contaminated loot bag. alfabale11 was unfortunate enough to meet his end 10 times while trying to extract loot.
I hope Ubisoft/Massive keep posting these after launch.

Gurish

Just started to play it, first impression is that it looks amazing, I heard about the "downgrades" and such and I got the impression that it's not looking so good by some, what am I missing here? it looks amazing, not that far from earlier trailers, very close even, this is the best looking open world game on PS4 imo so again, what am I missing, maybe I don't have good eyes for visuals as i get older or something :p

Tecnniqe

Banned

tumblr_m3c5qdGom61qeu6r1o4_250.gif

joeajs

Banned
Played for several hours. Love it. Better than destiny imo. The 1 to 1 recreation of NYC is no joke as I live there and I can actually discern what block I am on since they nearly mimicked the same exact building architecture and environment with the exception of the retail store names. Also, the most fun I had so far with the beta is playing one of the missions on "hard mode." It gives you a chance to see how well implemented the AI is in this game. I also love how when you get close to the dark zone you can hear gunfire from a distance and flares going up to call for extractions I'm assuming. It adds so much to the atmosphere.I have not entered the dark zone yet though. Gonna do that today.

Phocks

My friends and I tried getting manhunt status a few times and failed. We finally succeeded eventually and hauled up in the subway. People keep trying to rush us so much that we got Manhunt status a second time and manged to ride it out, was tons of fun.

Tecnniqe

Banned
My friends and I tried getting manhunt status a few times and failed. We finally succeeded eventually and hauled up in the subway. People keep trying to rush us so much that we got Manhunt status a second time and manged to ride it out, was tons of fun.

Oh yeah, last night me and Deo survived what? 3 or something manhunts against like 20 people.

It was amazing.

Got like 5k credits each time too!

Note to self. NEVER use turrets in the DZ.

They mark you as rogue if they accidentally fire upon players. Or if players intentionally walk in front of one.

They just shoot at your turret and you turn instantly rogue.

Wow, this must be why I suddenly become rogue when I haven't even shot at any other player. I guess it makes sense that the turret would automatically attack the NPC/player that is attacking it but I hope it doesn't make you rogue since it wasn't you who shot the turret in the first place. Quite a tricky situation, admittedly.

Liamc723

Yes they should when it's such a simple and obvious question like that.

I'm pretty hooked on the beta purely as a lone wolf . Love exploring the city by myself and even in the dark zone I try to be a lone wolf as much as possible and avoid any obvious rogue gangs.

I love the idea of lots of unique loot in the dark zone , would love if every week they could open up a hidden door or area and its up to the players to discover it . Tons of potential there with so many buildings .

Definitely buying the game just for the solo experience

You need to extract them first

That's his problem basically. He can't extract his DZ loot because his stash is full. I wonder if putting a stash in one (if not all) of the safe houses will help address this. I also ran into the same predicament but thankfully the loot I got were not as good as what I already have in my stash.

Is there a large group playing or something? played a bit on PS4 but also trying it for PC, but i don't have any friends there :(

Edit: Or well, i do. But none of them want this.

Nokterian

A few more screens i played a lot of PC games but this one is such a looker so many details it is baffling even indoor i am struck how well it looks.

tomclancysthedivisionrxk7s.jpg

tomclancysthedivisiondpju7.jpg

tomclancysthedivision8gkks.jpg

tomclancysthedivisionmuj7v.jpg

tomclancysthedivisionr5kdo.jpg

Also found a bunch of new clothing as seen on the bottom screenshots with new pants,jacket and shoes love the customization.

MAX PAYMENT

I am so sold on this game after 2 buddies and I roamed around the DZ and witnessed or contributed to some crazy situations.

We encountered a huge group of rogues working together right outside the gate. We ended up teaming up with a large group of strangers for an intense, long battle.

We got chased by a large death squad one time. Eventually hid from them and it worked.

Decided to off a single guy, but reinforcements kept coming and we stacked our rogue counter really high.

Just awesome.

Gold edition pre ordered.

T.O.P

Banned
I think i have 40 hours of this game between this and the last closed beta

Gotta stop before i burn myself, don't know what the fuck i will play until the 8th tho lol

Also, FUCK midweek releases, i vastly prefer a Friday so that i can get the day off and spend entire weekend on it :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom