• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gandour

Neo Member
That's his problem basically. He can't extract his DZ loot because his stash is full. I wonder if putting a stash in one (if not all) of the safe houses will help address this. I also ran into the same predicament but thankfully the loot I got were not as good as what I already have in my stash.

Cmon, i got some really good items, cant loose them. Thats bs.

Tovarisc

Where is the info about only 25 players in the Dark Zone at a time? As in the ENTIRE Dark Zone? Im still really on the fence about the game but that would push it to a no for me. I've been enjoying the high density of players in an area.

By the way - if you're solo how does one change DZ instances?

25 is number I keep hearing from community, supported by the fact that in beta at any given time your client sees only maximum of 24 other clients IP addresses :D

You change DZ instance by using matchmaking and joining on other players / parties, this moves you from instance to instance. Going for that fat vendor loot?

I keep hearing stories like this, then I go to the DZ and it's nothing but murder squads looking to fuck over everyone for the lulz.

Dark Zone is very... luck based, I would say. Experience depends so much on what kind players you have in there with you, especially if most are just waiting for excuse to go rogue it can get bad. When DZ instance has good balance of rogues and "paragons" it can be a lots of fun as they somewhat balance eachother out, and let rest do their thing and go for that loot.

From open beta I have mostly just awesome and fun DZ experiences, but same time I also have gotten frustrated and annoyed by DZ. Nothing gets to me like some coward who is behind you so you won't see him and he just kills you from behind because no balls :/ Give me baiting and in your face rogues over those guys.

Edit: I get it that it can get frustrating, but I wouldn't say it's bad mechanics and design all the way

Lazlo

That's a thing?! Man im going to be framing and killing a lot of unaware players!

Just like how people were shooting eachother when they saw red health bars in the closed beta, i'm sure this will be patched. Doesn't look like anyone's been complaining about being confused now that health bars don't turn red on 1 or 2 hits.

I wonder how many different Dark Zone maps there will be. I can just see where they are going with this game an it brilliant

Going to be a huge and addictive game

deoee

After playing nearly non stop since friday I think I'm done with the beta D:

Just encountered a bug or cheat and someone shot us through a wall :(

I wonder how many different Dark Zone maps there will be. I can just see where they are going with this game an it brilliant

There will be 6 zones total.

Just like how people were shooting eachother when they saw red health bars in the closed beta, i'm sure this will be patched. Doesn't look like anyone's been complaining about being confused now that health bars don't turn red on 1 or 2 hits.

Yeah that was pretty annoying. Although when you learned to distinguish that it helped to show who is messing with you.

Ran into some hackers on PC last night. They were two-shotting everyone lol but we eventually overwhelmed them with numbers. Hope they're making strides in fixing that shit for launch.

Tecnniqe

Banned
After playing nearly non stop since friday I think I'm done with the beta D:

Just encountered a bug or cheat and someone shot us through a wall :(

There will be 6 zones total.

Yeah, cheat or desync player.

I'm going with cheat since it'll make me feel better after nearly making 2 manhunts in a row versus the server.

FULL GAME HYPE
Better drop me a decent SMG full game, or else im gonna be manhunterino you DOWN!

Ran into some hackers on PC last night. They were two-shotting everyone lol but we eventually overwhelmed them with numbers. Hope they're making strides in fixing that shit for launch.

Well they might not be hacking, my M1A downed a guy in 2 hits (crits) and killed him in 4 (body). Also my sticky outright downed a guy instantly.
But yeah, im hoping PvE will be amazing, probably gonna spend most time there.
They also did say the builds are very different so every issue might be totally fixed by now.

Tovarisc

One DZ "map";
TheDivision_MapFinal-850x560.jpg

Red outline going around large area is whole area in release, that smaller red segment is DZ and its size in release.

Edit:

Hackers or just way better geared than most in that instance? 2 hit killing other players seem kinda... lackluster cheat, why not to OHK?

Woo-Fu

Banned
That's a thing?! Man im going to be framing and killing a lot of unaware players!

They don't go instantly rogue. You fire on the turret causing it to fire on you, once it hits the damage threshold they go rogue.

Presumably this will be fixed at some point such that turrets will not fire upon non-rogue players unless the owner is already flagged rogue. There are ways to work around being able to stand in front of one shooting an enemy too. I expect both of those exploits to be fixed, or I expect turrets to disappear from the DZ. :)

Tovarisc

We 2 hit people too in the end.
The right weapons + mods + perks do wonders :D

I think I came across as total cheat to some random player last night. I was watching map when he attacked me just for.. reasons? I cancel out from the map and I have lost barely any HP, he has gone rogue so I take my pump action shotty and shoot him to head once. It's OHK and quite literally OHK, from standing to spawning without crawling phase between.

That gear difference + insane shotty damage == get rekt

Tecnniqe

Banned
I think I came across as total cheat to some random player last night. I was watching map when he attacked me just for.. reasons? I cancel out from the map and I have lost barely any HP, he has gone rogue so I take my pump action shotty and shoot him to head once. It's OHK and quite literally OHK, from standing to spawning without crawling phase between.

That gear difference + insane shotty damage == get rekt

Shotguns are good? I found them utter useless vs players in CB

Hackers or just way better geared than most in that instance? 2 hit killing other players seem kinda... lackluster cheat, why not to OHK?
How could you possibly call effortless two-shotting a lackluster cheat in a game that normally requires at least half a magazine of bullets take someone down? Lol
And by "everyone" I meant the entire server, dude. They were hackers I tells ya!

We 2 hit people too in the end.
The right weapons + mods + perks do wonders :D
Yeah it was already 4am and we were tired so admittedly we weren't coming up with any hot strategies lol

Moobabe

Managed to sink a few hours into this yesterday - very impressed.

A couple of questions for people in the know though:

Do we know if this will have "instances" in the MMO sense? I liked coming across bosses in the DZ but are there more traditional dungeon type experiences planned?

Will there be missions and events in the DZ (like in the normal zones) or is it just NPCs and people in emergent, player driven stuff?

had my fill already

I dont want to get too invested before the full game hits lol

Loved it way more than I thought I would. The mechanics, rpg elements, mission flow and dark zone. SIde misssions...

Plus I LOVE me some Co Op goodness

THe gunplay felt really good as well. Not sure why there are big DPS counters on everything. Its very misleading and weird since most gunfights end before DPS comes into play

SHould just show the base damage of the weapon.

Tovarisc

Shotguns are good? I found them utter useless vs players in CB

I'm yet to say if they are good or bad. In one encounter I get awesome results with it while in another it sucks so much I want toss it into river, so I think there is potential with something that I'm just missing. I think shotguns require very high crit chance build when used in PvP.

I'm using Liberator as main damage dealer and Military M870 to mop up low HP players and in general utterly destroy AI. Played whole closed beta with DMR so wanted to change it up for open beta little bit.

Edit:
How could you possibly call effortless two-shotting a lackluster cheat in a game that normally requires at least half a magazine of bullets take someone down? Lol
And by "everyone" I meant the entire server, dude. They were hackers I tells ya!

High damage build with M44 Carbine aka Mosin Nagant can 2 hit kill almost any player. I would know, put few players down like that last night.

deoee

had my fill already

I dont want to get too invested before the full game hits lol

Loved it way more than I thought I would. The mechanics, rpg elements, mission flow and dark zone. SIde misssions...

Plus I LOVE me some Co Op goodness

THe gunplay felt really good as well. Not sure why there are big DPS counters on everything. Its very misleading and weird since most gunfights end before DPS comes into play

SHould just show the base damage of the weapon.

You can turn off those numbers entirely ;D

andymuza

Neo Member
Loving the Beta but there's a few things I hate.

Armoured hoodies, boy those AI's in hoodies can seriously soak up bullets. I see many people compare the AI's to the ones in Destiny but the lower level ones in Destiny can be killed with a couple of shots to the head from a low level weapon.

Rogues, some people go rogue for no reason at all. They kill people who have no loot so they have nothing to gain. 2 Rogues waited near a checkpoint and just shot players as they came through the checkpoint. I now don't bother with loot, I just wait near extraction points as you can almost guarantee some one will go rogue to gain loot. I then hunt down the rogue as you get great XP for killing them. I've played the Beta on PC PS4 and XBone and people going rogue is more prolific on the PS4 compared to the PC and XBone. I also dislike the fact that when you're in a group and one player in the group goes rogue the group goes rogue.

AI's spawning in from nowhere. You are just merrily running along when suddenly a load of AI's spawn in and start shooting you.

2 out of the 3 issues I have can be sorted, not sure what can be done about people going rogue because they like it LOL.

It has restored some of my faith in Ubisoft after they destroyed the Rainbow 6 franchise with Siege.

Looking forward to release day.

Zom

Banned
I just return from vacations

is the open beta better that close beta?
any improvements??

a little resume for this lost agent?

deoee

Loving the Beta but there's a few things I hate.

Armoured hoodies, boy those AI's in hoodies can seriously soak up bullets. I see many people compare the AI's to the ones in Destiny but the lower level ones in Destiny can be killed with a couple of shots to the head from a low level weapon.

Rogues, some people go rogue for no reason at all. They kill people who have no loot so they have nothing to gain. 2 Rogues waited near a checkpoint and just shot players as they came through the checkpoint. I now don't bother with loot, I just wait near extraction points as you can almost guarantee some one will go rogue to gain loot. I then hunt down the rogue as you get great XP for killing them. I've played the Beta on PC PS4 and XBone and people going rogue is more prolific on the PS4 compared to the PC and XBone. I also dislike the fact that when you're in a group and one player in the group goes rogue the group goes rogue.

AI's spawning in from nowhere. You are just merrily running along when suddenly a load of AI's spawn in and start shooting you.

2 out of the 3 issues I have can be sorted, not sure what can be done about people going rogue because they like it LOL.

It has restored some of my faith in Ubisoft after they destroyed the Rainbow 6 franchise with Siege.

Looking forward to release day.

Get better gear ! = AI drops in a few shots! Problemo solved! :D

People go Rogue because there is nothing else to do in the beta. Tec and me killed whole servers just for the thrill of being manhunted.

deoee

I just return from vacations

is the open beta better that close beta?
any improvements??

a little resume for this lost agent?

It's the same+ one more mission, improved performance, no more cheaters, more ai, new endbeta gear.

Basically the same but better.

Play it for fancy jacket in full game!

Skab

Game seems promising, but I'm not quite ready to run out and get it Day 1.

The DZ seems fun, but can get old really fast depending on how much or little there is to do there. Also I still don't have faith in Ubi to maintain the game correctly in the long run.

But I would be lying if I said I wasn't having fun with the beta.

Tovarisc

Managed to sink a few hours into this yesterday - very impressed.

A couple of questions for people in the know though:

Do we know if this will have "instances" in the MMO sense? I liked coming across bosses in the DZ but are there more traditional dungeon type experiences planned?

Will there be missions and events in the DZ (like in the normal zones) or is it just NPCs and people in emergent, player driven stuff?

About instances, we don't know yet. I think replaying missions on different difficulty settings is meant to fill that slot. We should hear more about endgame PvE plans before launch of the game.

DZ supposedly will have missions and objectives for players to complete. Another thing that devs are yet to fully explain and show to players. At least DZ has a lot potential for story stuff considering it's basically wild west ran by gangs where they can hide and do their stuff.

Edit: Why on GAF developer studios under Ubisoft umbrella get referenced as just "Ubi" while ones under e.g. EA get referenced by their right name like DICE?

Tecnniqe

Banned
About instances, we don't know yet. I think replaying missions on different difficulty settings is meant to fill that slot. We should hear more about endgame PvE plans before launch of the game.

DZ supposedly will have missions and objectives for players to complete. Another thing that devs are yet to fully explain and show to players. At least DZ has a lot potential for story stuff considering it's basically wild west ran by gangs where they can hide and do their stuff.

Edit: Why on GAF developer studios under Ubisoft umbrella get referenced as just "Ubi" while ones under e.g. EA get referenced by their right name like DICE?

Mainly because they have 15 studios involved in every game I think.

Or just easier to shitpost about Ubi in general.

Idk.

kyser73

Well, going solo in the DZ isn't recommended, but I had some great fun helping some randoms out with extractions...and shit, those encounters are intense!

Also found out that taking on a gang of 5 AI on my own with crappy load out (still l8 blues) wasn't the best idea I ever had....

Tecnniqe

Banned
Well, going solo in the DZ isn't recommended, but I had some great fun helping some randoms out with extractions...and shit, those encounters are intense!

Also found out that taking on a gang of 5 AI on my own with crappy load out (still l8 blues) wasn't the best idea I ever had....

Have you seen the yellow enemy snipers?

I had 2 of them hit me at the same time.

Guess what happened :|

There is still a ton we don't know about in the beta , crafting , perks , what else the dark zone brings , a lot more map (both streets / interiors/ tunnels ) . Still so much potential.
Given that I'm having a blast just with this small portion I'm really intrigued by what the final game brings .

Really hoping there are some really impossible Ai areas that require large amount of agents to overcome.

Rogues, some people go rogue for no reason at all. They kill people who have no loot so they have nothing to gain. 2 Rogues waited near a checkpoint and just shot players as they came through the checkpoint.

Because Darkzone can be played as a Deathmatch mode. No other reason besides having a fight :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom