• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TitusTroy

The number of NPCs and roaming enemies will be increased in the final version (according to Yannick in the official livestream)
http://www.twitch.tv/thedivisiongame/v/48556584?t=02h51m45s
http://www.twitch.tv/thedivisiongame/v/48556584?t=03h51m24s

Source; https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/46vs67/the_number_of_npcs_and_roaming_enemies_will_be/

Dev basically just says that full release will have a lot more NPC's around, roaming and otherwise. Inside and outside of DZ

looking forward to that...as it is now, the Dark Zone and even the single player areas seem way too empty...most of the time in the Dark Zone is spent running around to the NPC spawn points hoping that they've respawned

The1Ski

Played both the PS4 and PC versions and will absolutely go with PC. In my opinion, the shooting mechanics lends itself much more to a mouse than analog stick.

Plus the graphics and performance on PC are significant enough to make it an easy decision.

Bruno

I've been running around solo killing NPC's and checking vendors while constantly changing instances and I have had absolutely no problems. Every now and then I even get rewarded by being near a rogue or 2 which is more cash for me.

Is the DZ easier with a group? Definitely.
Is it impossible solo? Not at all - not even close

Every now and then from instance hopping I'll get into one where there are more rogues that usual but even now in the beta where there is nothing to do besides mess around in the DZ that is rare. MOST instances I run around without even trying to stay hidden, kill NPC's, extract any cosmetics I find, no problem.

Ji9D6Qn.png

I leveled up to 8 with friends when the beta went live but I have obtained all of my gear from playing solo in the DZ. It's not as nice as it could be (I had much better stats in closed beta) but it's definitely not bad either.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Gunplay breaks down a bit in CQB. The aim assist, input lag, and fast player movement (PS4) make things kinda gross in tight, close quarters battles.

I would like them to address this input lag, and add a toggle for aim assist.

Karu

My playtime today in the DZ - Solo - might have turned me around. Dunno if I gonna purchase the game, but I will leave the Beta definitely with a positive feeling. Hunting Rogues, tense extractions etc. are just too damn good. Scratches that Last of Us-MP itch.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Why couldn't they add some small side quests to the Dark Zone? just running from A to B, killing enemies then wait for them to respawn might get a bit repetitive in the end.

Played both the PS4 and PC versions and will absolutely go with PC. In my opinion, the shooting mechanics lends itself much more to a mouse than analog stick.

Plus the graphics and performance on PC are significant enough to make it an easy decision.
For me, 60fps made a HUUUUUGE difference.
Plays great with XB1 cobtroller, too. Smooth.

Sn4ke_911

Animator

Of course you can. That's the point.

That's pretty fucking dumb. There is no risk to throwing 4 sticky grenades and destroying a team that is extracting and then running in and extracting their stuff. Who cares if you die afterwards you only lose a bit of xp and some dz cash which is pointless once you are geared up anyway.

MAX PAYMENT

That's pretty fucking dumb. There is no risk to throwing 4 sticky grenades and destroying a team that is extracting and then running in and extracting their stuff. Who cares if you die afterwards you only lose a bit of xp and some dz cash which is pointless once you are geared up anyway.

Umm.. the risk is them killing you...

Are there any early indications on how content heavy or light this game will be?

I believe there are 12 "main" missions that tie the story together, but like any other typical open world rpg there are side missions/quest( one mission in the beta had you using Echoes to track down a missing girl). Skyrim had 18 main quest, but clearly there was a shit ton of side quest/missions to do in between and after. Dying light had 13 Main missions, but there was a ton of side content, weapon upgrades, ability upgrades, missions, challenges, etc to do(put in over 60 hours with a buddy completing mostly everything). So I'm hoping Massive has structured the division the same way. 10-15 "main" missions to flesh out the story being told, and everything else filled in like most other open world RPG's do. The real question is are these side missions/quest going to be interesting, and consist of some nice encounters. We'll see I guess :)

cripterion

I don't understand why this game isn't cross play between Xbox one and pc.

Have some friends picking it up on console but I can't have that crazy input lag and low framerate.

Klyka

Banned
I don't understand why this game isn't cross play between Xbox one and pc.

Have some friends picking it up on console but I can't have that crazy input lag and low framerate.

It's not crossplay because people on PC will headshot consoleros instantly without them being able to react.

Cdgilbert

I've played a bunch on PC and ps4. PC it is, no question. I do have a question however. Does the PC have aim assist for controllers? If not, I am gonna have to buy a gaming mouse.

Wanderer5

The number of NPCs and roaming enemies will be increased in the final version (according to Yannick in the official livestream)
http://www.twitch.tv/thedivisiongame/v/48556584?t=02h51m45s
http://www.twitch.tv/thedivisiongame/v/48556584?t=03h51m24s

Source; https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/46vs67/the_number_of_npcs_and_roaming_enemies_will_be/

Dev basically just says that full release will have a lot more NPC's around, roaming and otherwise. Inside and outside of DZ.

Edit: I don't know why it bothers me that GMG has listed developer for Division as Red Storm Entertainment. But then they aren't getting keys from Ubisoft either...

Good, DZ in particular feels like it could use more NPCs running around to fight.

Bruno

Please explain to me how an enemy team bunched up around an extract point when the chopper arrives survives 4 sticky bombs + gunfire from an organized team and then manages to kill them.

You should be aware of another group of 4 players near you. If you feel like it's sketchy to extract then either wait or go somewhere else. That is the entire point of the Dark Zone.

MAX PAYMENT

Please explain to me how an enemy team bunched up around an extract point when the chopper arrives survives 4 sticky bombs + gunfire from an organized team and then manages to kill them.

A smart team wouldn't bunch up. Take turns pulling some fuckin security. It isn't rocket science.

Sn4ke_911

The enemy respawn timer is now way better than it was in closed beta.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
NYC Public Library

I wish I could reproduce the bug from last night so that I could check the DZ vendor outside the beta area :(
I had that bug today.

My conditions: I was character swapping. Left the game (logged out) while chilling in one of the DZ vendors (South East iirc). Logged in as other character and dropped stuff in stash. Logged out. Logged back in as first character in that DZ vendor area, and was glitched. Iirc.

Didn't realize Tron mode let you OoB. Damn.

I love how you are always just a couple of shots away from losing your cool.

Oh everyone is being chill at an extraction point and enemies spawned. Wait someone clearly accidentally shot someone else and got turned rogue? MURDER THAT SOB

Same thing when it happens to you.

Oh you are just chilling and accidentally shoot someone and turn rogue. MAMA DIDN'T RAISE NO PUNK, KILL EVERYONE BEFORE THEY KILL YOU

The1Ski

Well the whole server will be hunting you down. Also there's no guarantee that you will win that fight.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member

That's the whole point. It's not supposed to be easy for the extracting team, you're supposed to be scared while waiting for extraction.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe I'm just a different kind of human being, but I don't see how that's supposed to be fun?

People like the rush. I like feeling that I might get jumped at any moment. The DZ might not just be for you.

That's what the Dark Zone IS! I've had many tense standoffs at the extraction when my group and another group meet. Sometimes it goes fine, sometimes shit hits the fan.

I really hope they don't neuter the DZ because of players complaining about it being "unfair" or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom