• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deoee

I cant decide if I want to buy this game. Is that a sign taht I shouldnt buy this game because I am not completely sold on it? I might just wait for reviews because this is pretty good for a beta but who knows the extend of that because it IS the beta after all

I read that 3x now and I still don't get your point :D
Wouldn't it be possible to die on purpose from a NPC or suicide and have your wife or squadmate pick up the loot that goes public and hope that it is the loot they want?

You'd loose more - XP and Keys and Monez. But it is possible to share ressources like this, Tec and me did it yesterday cause he had spare credits.

ironcreed

Banned
Would like to see a Bounty System implemented, similar to the Book of the Guilty from Dark Souls. If a player goes Rogue and the Man-hunt is initiated, It should notify everyone outside of the DZ as well and give players the option to fast travel to the DZ to help the manhunt.

I am sure some players would happily join The Cleaners .:p

A book of the guilty would be a great idea for extra rewards.

I find the game to be pretty bland. I'm having flash backs of Destiny's never ending waves of enemies... I'm most definitely going to give this game a pass.

Syrus

Banned
I find the game to be pretty bland. I'm having flash backs of Destiny's never ending waves of enemies... I'm most definitely going to give this game a pass.

Yeah, I found this game decent but not great. I like the leveling aspect but the combat doesnt feel good at all.

Definity

They need to fix or close off the one area close to a check point that has a ladder up to a dz chest. Only one way in and a team of rogues can just camp out.

Raide

A book of the guilty would be a great idea for extra rewards.

I think it would give players another reason to head to the DZ. I know they can anyway but having players that like to help out other players, it would be pretty cool to have a Bounty system in place.

SomTervo

Should have gone the TLOU route with clickers, infected, zombies, bloaters etc..

shake things up a bit

As long as they employ different enemy types (like the big heavy flamethrower boss) well enough, in plenty of situations, then it'll be fine.

I've got faith.

They need to fix or close off the one area close to a check point that has a ladder up to a dz chest. Only one way in and a team of rogues can just camp out.

Grenades?

(I didn't get to play much DZ so not 100% sure how it works.)

Is there a way to route the others players voices from proximity chat through a chat headset instead of being played along with all the normal game audio through the tv/receiver ?
I found some guys with headsets today but every time someone spoke it echoed. I muted the volume from the receiver and I just got chat audio through the headset. No echoes.
Is there an option in the game to do this ? The echoing was highly annoying.

Klyka

Banned
sigh,it's so easy to become completely and utterly untouchable in the DZ.

I can only see that being totally dumb in the full game when people are highest level.
But ah well, NPC shooting is fun enough.

Seeing that happen too much. Luckily we found a solution to it. We gathered up everyone around trying to kill the crew that was up there and all storm up the ladder at the same time. We had 8 people charge HP at once against 3 rogue players earlier. Took them down in one swift charge. it was pretty entertaining to see happen.

Elitist1945

Someone please record the music that starts playing when you're in the Base of Operations. Its kind of a slower version of the theme, it sounds like.

j-wood

Can anyone explain how going rouge actually works? Multiple times I've been shot at, but when I return fire I go rouge? Wtf?

Do you really go rouge from one stray bullet?

Bruno

Can anyone explain how going rouge actually works? Multiple times I've been shot at, but when I return fire I go rouge? Wtf?

Do you really go rouge from one stray bullet?

It's based on how much damage you do - people will poke you with their pistol which barely does damage to get you to return fire with your primary or secondary causing you to go rogue.

Hawk269

I know in that in one of the updates the dev's mentioned about fixing something that people were using to camp from the Closed Beta, so perhaps this area will also be fixed/adjusted to address this issue as well.

I really am hoping that they have a mission or something that you Storm a Skyscraper. In one of the other threads someone mentioned a great idea of having to go from floor to floor with a mini-boss every 5 floors or so. Once you beat the mini-boss you and your team have the option to leave via a rope out of a window and take your chances of extracting your loot (obviously this would be in the DZ). If you continue on, if you reach the top you get to extract via a private extraction zone. Obviously this would need to be instanced so that no one can camp the extraction, but the challenge comes from being able to make it to the top and survive.

In addition, I would love to have some variety in a sky scraper type of level where you have to search for keys to access higher floors and having to do other puzzle type of things to mix things up. With the world they created, it would be great to have things open up as time passes...lets say shortly after launch they have a patch that allows 4 buildings to be entered some a little bigger than others. Right now, while we have buildings we can enter is such a small amount, adding more would just make things a bit more interesting.

ISOM

Goddamn DZ punks decided to jump me when I was about to unload on a chopper. Got him back though :) But then died again due to some other asshole who decided to shoot me right before I again unloaded my stuff on the extraction chopper.

lt519

Seeing that happen too much. Luckily we found a solution to it. We gathered up everyone around trying to kill the crew that was up there and all storm up the ladder at the same time. We had 8 people charge HP at once against 3 rogue players earlier. Took them down in one swift charge. it was pretty entertaining to see happen.

We did the same earlier, six of us charged, took some casualties but we took them down. Sadly if you can't get a group of more than 4 your are basically out of luck when a group goes rogue up there.

The baiting people into going rogue meta is really annoying. People walking in front of turrets, shooting you with pistols, intentionally strafing in front of your shooting, etc. They need to fix that whole system.

Mentok

Banned

I can only see that being totally dumb in the full game when people are highest level.

I was afraid of OP people sitting in the DZ to gank underleveled players 'for shits and giggles" but it seems that zones have a ceiling cap? Or am I reading that wrong?

Arrrammis

Grenades?

(I didn't get to play much DZ so not 100% sure how it works.)

The place in question is basically an alley at the top of a ladder, it's long enough that people camping at the top can stay far enough back to be safe from grenades, but close enough to throw grenades down and/or shoot anyone who comes up the ladder.

Also, the spawn point is literally 10 feet away. Even if they kill you, you can just keep zerging them down and eventually they'll run out of ammo since they can't restock while Rogue. If this happens enough times, they'll hit Manhunt and killing them will end up paying out three or four deaths worth of losses in currency.

It's an OK spot to hide... IF people leave you alone, or are really bad, or just stupid, or give up easily. Otherwise, it's just slow attrition until you die horribly and lose massive amounts of currency.

The best spots to hide as Rogue are actually on the other side of the map, north/northwest of the garage extraction point. There's a long alley that puts you far enough away that no one will see your Rogue tag unless they specifically go over there - and almost no one does. There's also the big contaminated area with the Cleaner mobs that people rarely head towards. And, if you are fast enough and know the little nook to hide in to reset your timer, you can actually run between the two spots through the out of bounds zone.

Klyka

Banned
I was afraid of OP people sitting in the DZ to gank underleveled players 'for shits and giggles" but it seems that zones have a ceiling cap? Or am I reading that wrong?

levels don't really mean a lot. Equipment matters more.
everyone is lvl 8 in the DZ, yet one guy can kill 3 people without losing half his health and another guy can't even kill a player even if he puts 3 magazines into him.

It just kinda makes no sense, really. You have no idea when you are "PvP ready".
I have all blues and one purple right now and I can't even touch people cause I do no damage and even though I have 5000 health I die in a second.

I am not complaining really, just I haven't grasped the math behind it and the game doesn't make it apparent AT ALL.

Also, the spawn point is literally 10 feet away. Even if they kill you, you can just keep zerging them down and eventually they'll run out of ammo since they can't restock while Rogue. If this happens enough times, they'll hit Manhunt and killing them will end up paying out three or four deaths worth of losses in currency.

It's an OK spot to hide... IF people leave you alone, or are really bad, or just stupid, or give up easily. Otherwise, it's just slow attrition until you die horribly and lose massive amounts of currency.

The best spots to hide as Rogue are actually on the other side of the map, north/northwest of the garage extraction point. There's a long alley that puts you far enough away that no one will see your Rogue tag unless they specifically go over there - and almost no one does. There's also the big contaminated area with the Cleaner mobs that people rarely head towards. And, if you are fast enough and know the little nook to hide in to reset your timer, you can actually run between the two spots through the out of bounds zone.

I hate to post it a gain, but I posted an awesome video of about 10-12 people banding together to tackle some rogues like that

jowell24

Looking at that video, I wouldn't put myself in that situation, especially playing solo (general comment, not directed at the video)

I can see the frustrations some people have with the Dark Zone in solo play, as per the video. But an encounter like that could be mitigated by playing smart and cautiously - i.e. don't walk into enclosed spaces and get yourself surrounded by other players. Similarly, I would never play solo in the DZ without the pulse scan ability for that situational awareness.

Over the past two betas I've been very successful, in terms of surviving in the DZ, while doing loots runs and bounty hunting alone or with another friend. Either way, looking forward to the full release in March and (to the best of my knowledge) having the same player count across the entire Dark Zone areas in the full-game.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
DGaf, show me your agents!

I had to create a second character, just couldn't stand to look at the other one any longer. So ugly lol.

And I notice not many chose this model, so that's a bonus. Anyway...

HQkT7LW.jpg

I enjoyed my time with the game. After the first maybe two hours I was set on getting it day 1. But as time went I just don't think there's enough in it. I might wait a while and get everything like I did with Destiny.

Dark zone is weird I spent an hour in there alone and barely saw an NPC or another player character. Looted some stuff, extracted it. Repeat. Repeat. Had some fun with a friend in there but there's not too much substance, maybe it was just because I was getting crappy loot but I never really felt upset when I died or never really felt the tension that should be in the mode.

Imagine setting up traps to destroy an incoming chopper . Placing some strategic wires etc , could be pretty awesome to stop an oncoming extraction.

lt519

levels don't really mean a lot. Equipment matters more.
everyone is lvl 8 in the DZ, yet one guy can kill 3 people without losing half his health and another guy can't even kill a player even if he puts 3 magazines into him.

It just kinda makes no sense, really. You have no idea when you are "PvP ready".
I have all blues and one purple right now and I can't even touch people cause I do no damage and even though I have 5000 health I die in a second.

I am not complaining really, just I haven't grasped the math behind it and the game doesn't make it apparent AT ALL.

It's my biggest fear for the end level content for the game. People just reaching max level are going to get rocked by the people that have been grinding the end game for hundreds of hours. If they get grouped together by PvE level it'll be a mess. We saw it in the beta already where max level was 8. You could be max level and at 2k DPS and health fighting guys over twice as strong as you. If the games single player is paltry and the main event is the DZ they need a way to match make DZ instances based on your characters "power," not level.

I'm assuming the first step they'll take is grouping by DZ level not PvE level.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Do you guys level up all the way to level 12 and save up to get the purple equipment?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Also... real DZ will be different than these betas. You shouldn't see this massive variance (wide gulfs) of DPS, health, etc. as we do now, not until people are closing in on lvl cap.

Not many people are gonna be hanging in a lvl maxing all their shit like they are now. Not until it actually matters. Not until lvl cap.

Only some rare trolls will purposefully not level.

That's probably the biggest potential problem. In a 3 day beta it's become somewhat of an issue. Let's say a month after the full release, any new players are going to get rocked when they enter the DZ.

Jamaro85

Sorry if this has been discussed, but why do some players show up with a red health bar when they are flagged as non hostile? Thankfully I noticed it saying that before firing, but now I feel like I have to hesitate to make sure the non hostile designation doesn't pop up before firing upon someone who appears to have turned rogue.

Tovarisc

Damn that gun is nice in the beta. Did you notice a difference damage wise? Nice gear. I just did not have enough time but the thirst is real.

It's clearly best AR in the beta, nothing comes even close from that weapon class. Stacking firearms stat to get DPS up mostly helps just in PvE stuff as damage scaling against other players is lacking big time, especially if player is doing "beta meta" where you stack stamina and armor. At that point even 6k DPS with Liberator means nothing, you just tickle him.

I hope devs have some balancing coming into the game for release. Firearms and Tech don't scale nearly as well as Stamina, making tanky builds super good as nothing can do serious damage to them. Also some weapons, e.g. M1A, are just lolz because how out of balance they are while stuff like shotguns are pretty terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom