• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ironcreed

Banned
I know I am not trusting anyone anymore and plan to be less helpful in the full game. Bastards will turn on you even if you heal them and help to repel their attackers. I learned that lesson the hard way after tonight.

Josh378

DZ is the worst. Had 6 guys camping one entrance. I went to the other entrance, had 6 other guys camping there as well. This game is full of it!

ironcreed

Banned
DZ is the worst. Had 6 guys camping one entrance. I went to the other entrance, had 6 other guys camping there as well. This game is full of it!

LOL, that happened to me a couple of times as well. Got killed as soon as I walked out the door. I love the tension of it all, but some players can really ruin it at times.

ReaperXL7

Game is awesome, my only real concern is that it will end up like destiny with not enough content out of the gate (Story already seems to be handled better from the little we got in the beta), and the other is that complaints from straight shooter fans are going to ruin the game because the devs will push it further into the shooter aspect and away from the RPG side. I hope that doesn't happen as its one of the primary things drawing me to this as we really don't get RPGs in a modern setting and I personally like the fact that your stats have an genuine impact on the overall game.

Overall I came away really impressed from the beta, I enjoyed both the single player open world and the Dark Zone was also a lot of fun solo and with groups of friends.I thought the character progession seemed decent even though two of the categories for upgrades were locked along with the security branch. I'm really curious to see how they plan to handle the endgame since I thought I read that there really isn't anything equivalent to raids in this but they need to have something there for people to do once they reach the level cap.

Can't wait for the full release.

Gator86

Still don't like the whole wait for someone else to go rogue meta, too much of a penalty to initiate so everyone just ends up trying to trick each other, they need a true PvP mode.

Yeah, it's kind of an issue. Most of the interaction with randoms is just trying to bait them into going rogue. As soon as someone drops a turret, you shoot it to force them rogue. People jumping in your line of fire to force you rogue. They really just need to add a d-pad shortcut for go rogue, and leave friendly fire off until you enable it. It would still allow for all the ambushing and backstabbing, just without the bullshit exploits people use to try and force the issue.

Played 24 hours, uh. That is crazy enough.

Hope whatever they have in the final game is worth it and much more. But i do think they could have added a lot more interaction and aid type game play to bring some life to the world in the game, also more creative and better placement of spawn point. Otherwise enemies are not popping out of nowhere. Plus more animations, because I've never seen such a limited selection.

There are several kinds of grenades in this game.
Perhaps you threw the non-lethal ones when it 'doesn't work'.

yeah i knew about holding the d pad to select the throwables but there have been times where the enemies appeared to be in the radius of the explosion and nothing appeared to have happened

I've had the same feeling when using the stick bomb at times too.. maybe its just a flukey thing idk

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
It takes way too long to kill other players in the DZ. I throw a grenade at people's feet and they don't die? PvP is a borefest.

Well it's an RPG, one shot headshots don't work but still aim for the head to do more damage, it also depends on how well people are equiped.

Already in love with this game. It's absolutely gorgeous as well.

Heard some complaints about the shooting after the closed beta, but now I think they're all crazy. Love the shooting and the cover system. Movement is nice and weighty/

Also the flash bomb skill is crazy good in PvP. If you're in a group you can wipe people out way too easily.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Edit: Never mind, I give up. There's no point in trying to explain certain aspects of the game because some people are too obtuse to understand that it's an TPSRPG and not a third person COD.

Sorral

After getting ganked in DZ once, I started to delete anything I got or just not grab anything at all. The extraction little game isn't worth the time unless maybe in a full group and you're selling stuff for money and even then, not worth losing keys.

As it was in the closed beta, it seems best to look for rogues and get DZ currency/exp off them. The gas station's rooftop that's overlooking the extraction area was great for this with an M1 or w/e 5 shot and 10 shot DMRs I had.

I just want them to give us the option to rogue or not rogue when one of your teammates decides to throw a grenade between 2 teams of 4s because he has cheese for a brain while waiting for extraction when everyone is doing jumping jacks.

Vilifier

Neo Member
Game is great, loved the campaign so far and the graphics and controls are awesome. Tried the Dark Zone briefly and not sure how I feel about that part of it. Initially it was a nice experience, as I just sort of came across a group and followed them around while looking for bosses to kill. There did seem to be a lot of camping around the extraction zones. I only just barely got my loot extracted while some guy emptied his clip into me. I died straight after. I can see the PVP aspect of the game getting old real quick.

I have been looking forward to this game since the initial reveal, but I might have to see how the reviews go before I jump onboard, as I mainly play solo. I might still get it even if I don't care for the PVP if the campaign is substantial enough.

Ketch

played the beta, and I think I did everything... but I want to make sure before I put it down and wait for release.

I did the two story missions, one side mission, a bunch of blue and green triangle mini quest things, and then ran around the DZ killing some named mobs, extracting gear, and fucking around with rogue status.....

that pretty much covers it until release right? Game is looking pretty good. The beta was a lot of fun.

It really seems like the first big budget day-z-a-like.

bjaelke

played the beta, and I think I did everything... but I want to make sure before I put it down and wait for release.

I did the two story missions, one side mission, a bunch of blue and green triangle mini quest things, and then ran around the DZ killing some named mobs, extracting gear, and fucking around with rogue status.....

that pretty much covers it until release right? Game is looking pretty good. The beta was a lot of fun.

It really seems like the first big budget day-z-a-like.

You can replay the hospital mission on hard (makes for a better experience) but that's about it.

Mentok

Banned

Had this happen today to me too...luckily about 8 of us randoms went to one entrance and killed a good 3-4 while the others ran away. I like the concept of rogues, but hate the timer on it.

Playing this on PC I have an issue where I cannot see player names, Rogue status (I'm just assuming this is a thing, as like I said, I couldn't see anything) and health bars above them, besides my own team members. This made Dark Zone a little more difficult to me. I didn't see any UI way to turn off player nameplates. Anyone else experience this or have a fix?

Tovarisc

Playing this on PC I have an issue where I cannot see player names, Rogue status (I'm just assuming this is a thing, as like I said, I couldn't see anything) and health bars above them, besides my own team members. This made Dark Zone a little more difficult to me. I didn't see any UI way to turn off player nameplates. Anyone else experience this or have a fix?

Friend had this bug also, we are on PC too. We never found any solution to it, his HUD just started to work as intended all of sudden.

Let me guess, you were rolling high Stamina + high Armor build?

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Let me guess, you were rolling high Stamina + high Armor build?

HuitJOX.gif

Solo with a sniper rifle and shotgun has been an interesting style of play. You're straight up never doing DPS worth hell but when you connect your shots it works.

Also why did chests marked dz lvl 8 and above suddenly disappear on my map? They didnt ever respawn either.

yeah i knew about holding the d pad to select the throwables but there have been times where the enemies appeared to be in the radius of the explosion and nothing appeared to have happened

I've had the same feeling when using the stick bomb at times too.. maybe its just a flukey thing idk

Maybe it's latency issue, or just lag.

Sometimes you just have to clear out the campers yourself.

edit: Found that stacking health was a really good tactic for killing players. It throws them off when you can just soak up clips.

There must be a way(s) to counter this. Incindieary ammo, perhaps, or some skills later on.
Every pvp rpg like this should have a counter for every build, or it'll fail.

Granadier

GG on owning those campers, but that video is also brilliant example on how broken that build is. 3-4 Liberators unloading on you mag after mag, and your HP barely move downwards. Devs really need to look into main stat and armor scaling :b

There must be a way(s) to counter this. Incindieary ammo, perhaps, or some skills later on.
Every pvp rpg like this should have a counter for every build, or it'll fail.

There are definitely ways to counter a build like this. The fight linked was a rarity because most people aren't as dumb as that group.
Incendiary ammo / grenades decimate, and the sticky launcher with flashback renders me pretty much useless.

I was switching up my build fairly often, going between a mid damage / tank to a full tank. This fight I had full tank gear on to breach their camp and had around 7.5k health with a bunch of armor. Also, a lot of their shots missed because they didn't track me while I charged.

knitoe

Sometimes you just have to clear out the campers yourself.

edit: Found that stacking health was a really good tactic for killing players. It throws them off when you can just soak up clips.

Nice that you cleared them out that shit place, but there was some serious lag going on there. Twice you run by their side/behind and they are still shooting the other way. Plus, you can clearly hear one of them bitching about the lag.

Yes, I'd imagine being invincible is a very effective strategy in a PvP game. Nothing throws off your opponents like them being completely unable to kill you. Lol :)

Freeman76

The DZ is basically Griefing:the game. No way will i be playing that in its current state, far too aggravating. I hope there is enough content in other areas of the game as i loved what i played. My only wish is for optional co op DZ rather than gankfest 2016.

Tovarisc

There are definitely ways to counter a build like this. The fight linked was a rarity because most people aren't as dumb as that group.
Incendiary ammo / grenades decimate, and the sticky launcher with flashback renders me pretty much useless.

Stamina scaling is still too good when compared to firearms or tech. You can stack so much HP and Armor that even 6.5-7k DPS Liberator doesn't do shit to your HP, and any actual impact requires mag after mag. Best weapon against such tanks is M1A which is just lolz and so out of balance :b

Incendiary and flash stuff are good for blocking you from healing, assuming you don't have... was it energy bar that removes all negative effects [burning, blind etc.]. Can be used while under influence of said effects, naturally. Pop one of those suckers and then heal up.

fr0st

Banned
Anyone got the orange gear? I don't think they were in the closed beta a while back...game is tempting me but I only have 1 friend to play with

Nydus

Omg thats a bug? We thought its a feature because our whole grp had this problem. I raged everytime cause it was impossible to see who is rouge until they shoot you in the face. Even killed some nonerogues by accident cause of that.

knitoe

Anyone got the orange gear? I don't think they were in the closed beta a while back...game is tempting me but I only have 1 friend to play with

The ones from the safe house? If yes, there were different ones in the CB. Think, the cost was increase by 2x.

Granadier

Yes, I'd imagine being invincible is a very effective strategy in a PvP game. Nothing throws off your opponents like them being completely unable to kill you. Lol :)

Nah, not invincible. Before this clip I died probably 5 or 6 times trying to clear those guys out. There was four at the start, but I managed to take one out before attempting this.

Stamina scaling is still too good when compared to firearms or tech. You can stack so much HP and Armor that even 6.5-7k DPS Liberator doesn't do shit to your HP, and any actual impact requires mag after mag. Best weapon against such tanks is M1A which is just lolz and so out of balance :b

Incendiary and flash stuff are good for blocking you from healing, assuming you don't have... was it energy bar that removes all negative effects [burning, blind etc.]. Can be used while under influence of said effects, naturally. Pop one of those suckers and then heal up.

True, I agree that the scaling is off when compared to firearms. Armor is most likely the main issue though. If the armor scaling wasn't so high I would have been torn to shreds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom