• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
What pissed me off the most is how hard it is to find members of the group you just joined, especially in the Dark Zone. Strangely enough sometimes I could use one of them as a waypoint but more often I could not, making the task of finding them after I entered the Dark Zone an arduous thing to do. I once even got kicked because I kept running around trying to meetup with a group I just joined :(

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
4K health is great for the DZ. Level 4 and 5 kiddies think they stand a chance and start to run when they realize they can't do shit. >:D Also the snow storms continue to amaze me, like goddamn the atmosphere. New mission was pretty great too, nice and lengthy with a super detailed underground environment, rewarded me with a blue RPK when I explored a little.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Hopefully tech has more impact in the full game. In the betas it has been a guarenteed ignore stat.

This game shows so much potential and by the 6-7 hours I put into this it is definitely already so much better than Destiny, but I so hope Ubisoft is not going to keep us stuck with only a handful of missions and objectives that rotate every so often.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Hopefully tech has more impact in the full game. In the betas it has been a guarenteed ignore stat.
I expect players to abuse the hell out of that perk that grants you health if people shoot the shield you're carrying.

Rezbit

Hoping that the story structure has a bit more to it than just kill waves of baddies/race timer/kill tough baddie etc.

Dark Zone feels a bit uneven at the moment, but the good moments are awesome. It was quite cool before, a group of rogue agents were trying to grief people, my group of 3 tried to take them on before about 7 more randoms arrived on the scene to check out the commotion. We chased them into the subway where all hell broke loose, but we managed to take them out. Then one of my group shot one of the helpers and put us all rogue and we promptly got killed lol.

Core gameplay systems are good, graphics are phenomenal, so I am definitely interested.

hydruxo

tomclancysthedivisionjsjfl.png

When you throw a grenade and it's just right
image.php

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
They let you have 4 characters, so I'll probably just have one of each specialization and then an all-around mule.

Like Destiny I'll level them in conjunction. It'll take me longer to hit endgame, but when I eventually get there, it'll be nice not to worry about getting high end loot that I can't really use. Less chance for the RNG god to dick you over. And you're less likely to get impacted by nerfs, and can benefit from all buffs.

squidyj

They let you have 4 characters, so I'll probably just have one of each specialization and then an all-around mule.

Like Destiny I'll level them in conjunction. It'll take me longer to hit endgame, but when I eventually get there, it'll be nice not to worry about getting high end loot that I can't really use. Less chance for the RNG god to dick you over. And your less likely to get impacted by nerfs, and can benefit from all buffs.

but you can switch everything out on the fly. the only permanent thing is the gear

Duraigo

Had a final few moments in the Dark Zone before the beta ends. Got the drop on a group of rouges at the sports store, and took out all of them with the help of the guy they were trying to mess up. Looted all their gear and high tailed it to the extraction site near the gas station.

There, I used the method I have made for the area which is to call the chopper, and then head to the scaffolding across the street. No one ever goes there, and you get a full view of the extraction site, which helps in spotting any potential threats. Well wouldn't you know it, I see some loner get to the site, and hide in the little tent. Oh I already know what buddy boy is up to. When played the closed beta and open for too long, sooner or later you learn the rules of the game. I decide to "play" buddy boys' little game. I get to the extraction hook with buddy boy standing near it, with no contaminated loot bag on him, and like how the sun always shines, he decides to open fire. Well I wasn't having his shit today. Flanked him and ganked him right there and then. It's moments like this one that will make The Division one of the funnest games for 2016 for me.

I think my only gripe with the game so far is kind of a lack of interiors. What's there is good, but maybe a few more open stores or homes scattered around if you need to catch your breath.

bjaelke

Yeah rare/exotic backpacks will often come with more room (base + bonus). Not seen anything to increase stash size apart from that perk.

deoee

Yeah don't really see the point of having several characters beyond extending gameplay hours. Just swap out skills and gear before a mission or when heading out to the darkzone?

Play with more chars to roleplay a hobo rogue - or help out friends on another lvl without being op - or play the good guy - or play a waifu *u*

Whoever decided turrets should return fire on agents that shoot them and in turn cause YOU to go rogue can go fuck themselves in a ditch. Had it happen multiple times waiting for extraction and had the dirty cunts that did it loot me. fuck that shit.

I mean really? how the fuck is that fair?

Raide

Whoever decided turrets should return fire on agents that shoot them and in turn cause YOU to go rogue can go fuck themselves in a ditch. Had it happen multiple times waiting for extraction and had the dirty cunts that did it loot me. fuck that shit.

Yes, logically it should be the other way around. If you put down a turret and someone shoots it, its like they are shooting you, so they should be tagged Rogue, not the other way around.

F6G7fxQ.png

think I am done now, went back in and played DZ for 2hours, got about 20 green items and 2 blue, then redid hospital 3 times (1 hard and 2 speedruns of normal)
I think will get it on Xbox one, as I said earlier, seems to hate my PC.

Play with more chars to roleplay a hobo rogue - or help out friends on another lvl without being op - or play the good guy - or play a waifu *u*

Haha, yeah if there ever is somekind of a reputation system per character you could have a good one and a bad one :D

I've also voiced my concerns of that. Turret should not take any damage from non-hostile players nor return fire to them. Stepping in front of a firing turret is one issue enough.

I'm sure it's pretty damn hard to specify the function of skills and abilities that are hostile when the game registers friendly fire in the Darkzone :/

Despite my criticisms of the game, Dark Zone has the potential to be an excellent PvP/Survival/DayZ-lite mode that I've been wanting for a while.

UberLevi

Dark Zone got much better once a friend joined in on the beta and tagged along. It's definitely not a solo friendly location, rogue agent or otherwise.

I think I'm done with the beta. As someone who didn't keep up with The Division up until now and went in with low expectations, I can confidently say I was wrong and initial impressions have put the game high on my wishlist. I probably won't get the game at launch, but I'd be happy to grab it without waiting for any kind of price drop. That is unless the reviews and early adopters reveal a lack of overall content in the full release like Destiny. I never adopted Destiny because they decided to port it on last gen rather than PC, and since they seem to show no interest in a PC release, I'll have to scratch my itch some other way. But barring any last minute revelations about the quality of the game at launch, I fully intend to purchase this game. It ran smoothly and the combat was fun. The skills felt varied and useful and I really enjoyed searching the Dark Zone for loot.

How I fared by the end of the beta:

Staying level 7 was a way better experience in the dark zone than level 8. I can definitely see twinking becoming a thing. Reduced bullshit, chests are usually more available, no high end weapons, and you can take on entire groups of rogues by yourself to deny them an extraction or to protect other people's extractions. No one expects you to be that strong. The funny thing is going rogue is so unrewarding I never felt the temptation to troll others.

After tonight the game won me over.

12771881_1345289345496590_4566621365315005541_o.jpg

Deviousx

Went into full grind mode in the DZ with my friends and had a fun time. But I'm done with the beta! I've enjoyed my time with these past two betas and now I can't wait to play the full game come launch. :)

Here's my character (could be better; not bad though):

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom