• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tovarisc

Correct! At least in the US since I can't speak for other regions but I guess these pre order retal skins in the EU/UK confused people so they said screw it and tossed them all onto the season pass.

US players have always had access to all those police, fireman etc. skins by using that AGENTORIGINS code thing. In EU those skins still are pre-order exclusive to specific stores, e.g. GAME UK gives 1 or 2 of those skins if you pre-order there. That is kinda shitty play by Ubi.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Pretty accurate! I had one character with 5 hours and I had a 2nd character with 9 hours.

US players have always had access to all those police, fireman etc. skins by using that AGENTORIGINS code thing. In EU those skins still are pre-order exclusive to specific stores, e.g. GAME UK gives 1 or 2 of those skins if you pre-order there. That is kinda shitty play by Ubi.
I know that's why I said maybe they tossed those skins on the season pass because of the retail specific BS that was going on outside the US. That way they can sell more season passes and those players in those regions now have an option to get all skins.

The world only feels barren until you:

1. Roam about. Doing so fills the world up with icons - material areas, Skill tree missions, Intel collectibles, Side quests. It's worth picking a corner of the map and walking to it. Also explore every rooftop you find - lots of them actually have emergent little puzzles to collect loot or groups of bad guys milling about (including high level bad guys for better shit). Also watch out for apartments you can explore - they always contain lots of good shit, mainly apparel.

2. Use the big noticeboard. This reveals all of the above for you, but doesn't reveal materials/apartments or Intel collectibles (some of which are pretty great) which you have to explore for.

I did both those things and it still felt pretty empty(which maybe that's what they're going for since there's been a outbreak), but i also concede that this is a beta and it won't have all the content of the main game. So we'll see what else pops up when the main game happens, probably more things will generate when using the map more often. I don't know, but that's my feelings from the beta. Overall though the game was a lot of fun, especially with a group of people.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I've been thinking about it... I like the game's cover system, but tbh I would prefer a crouch button and then just a soft cover system. Basically the same cover system they have now, but soft.

Idk, maybe for Division 2 they can figure it out. They have god-tier gameplay animators, and as cover systems go this is excellent. But it's sticky cover. And it cost us crouch. I think this dev can do better.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Not in the full game according to the devs!

yellow items need to be found/earned, they were just on the vendors for testing purposes.
In the Beta I got some weapon schematics by completing a mission so I image you will be able to craft some gold equipment in the end game.

deoee

according to reddit they speak spanish...
Ha ha! The fact they are speaking Russian just makes this video. Man, that Liberator gun is so sexy.

image.php

When you get your languages juuuuuuuuust right

SomTervo

I did both those things and it still felt pretty empty(which maybe that's what they're going for since there's been a outbreak), but i also concede that this is a beta and it won't have all the content of the main game. So we'll see what else pops up when the main game happens, probably more things will generate when using the map more often. I don't know, but that's my feelings from the beta. Overall though the game was a lot of fun, especially with a group of people.

That's fair enough.

I don't have the picture to hand, but somebody had a picture from a video of the final game map, and it had way more icons on it than we got in the Beta, over the same space. Suggesting the full game will have a lot more content.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Chimera implies a hybrid of smallpox and something else. Wonder what it was? Did they ever outright say there'd be no zombies/infected enemy types?
All we know is we have a weapon grade smallpox on our hands that's mutated to the point it needs a new classification.

We also know that the smallpox vaccine don't work on this virus.

Tovarisc

Chimera implies a hybrid of smallpox and something else. Wonder what it was? Did they ever outright say there'd be no zombies/infected enemy types?

I think NPC's etc. reference to this plague as "Green death" in some dialogue bits because it was spread by cash that was laced with that smallpox chimera. Still smallpox alone would cause all kinds of nasty if it started to spread.

I don't have any quote or source at hand, but I remember reading that zombies are 100% no go. I think whole Tom Clancy name in title kinda forces it so. Here is something to feed zombie theories because why not;
Personally I hope game doesn't feature any zombie/infected/mutant enemies because so many games are doing that stuff now days, and that horse was dead already year or so ago.

Edit:
The Liberator plus a decked out M1A is such a killer primary combo.

You didn't need Liberator for anything if you had good M1A...

IvorB

according to reddit they speak spanish...

I honestly couldn't tell what language they were speaking but the one guy sounded like he had a Russian accent and they were saying "da". Would have been cool if it was Russian. Oh well...

Evolved1

I found some zombie references while running around. Some very direct.

And I noticed a very peculiar type of dead body in the big piles. Most bodies are fully, normally clothed, but some are fucked up looking: grey, cracked skin, and... Idk... it just looked unnatural. They're scattered in, tucked away among the piles. Usually in spooky-type areas too.

Idk, idk.... they might do it!

lt519

Personally I hope game doesn't feature any zombie/infected/mutant enemies because so many games are doing that stuff now days, and that horse was dead already year or so ago.

Same, certainly don't need any zombies. Just need some enemy variety in what I'm shooting though.

Tecnniqe

Banned

And I noticed a very peculiar type of dead body in the big piles. Most bodies are fully, normally clothed, but some are fucked up looking: grey, cracked skin, and... Idk... it just looked unnatural. They're scattered in, tucked away among the piles. Usually in spooky-type areas too.

What you mean is that some of them looked like smallpox victims?

Boke1879

Wouldn't be shocked if some of the expansions take this route. That would be kinda cool.

jaaz

Be more exact, where are they coming from?
urban, rural area? Big city, small town??

We need infos on those Rogue Agents....

Lol. Sounded to me like the were Madrilenos (from Madrid, the capital, big city of course). The best way to find out is to shout Real Madrid or FB Barcelona? You have a 50% chance that they won't try to kill you!

Tovarisc

Beta was good fun, anyone know of any greenmangaming discount codes (or something similar) that are running right now?

Normal: https://uk.gamesplanet.com/game/tom-clancy-s-the-division-uplay-key--2631-1

Gold: https://uk.gamesplanet.com/game/tom-clancy-s-the-division-gold-edition-uplay-key--2631-2

As far I know those are best prices around for PC version when purchasing from legit retail partner of Ubisoft, they are listed on Ubi's support pages as official. You can get extra 5% off [total of 30% off] if you join their Steam group or something. I got gold pre-order from there for just tad over 60€.

Keys are region free according them.

Edit: GMG is doing "Authorised source" thing with Division keys

SJRB

Gold Member
Massive is probably just fucking with us when it comes to the zombie references.

Of course they are.

Because let's be real here - if a massive outbreak would start killing people by the millions, there'd be at least one "zombie apocalypse" conspiracy nutjob.

Klyka

Banned

They were frozen.
you can see those bodies on park benches and such. they are white and frozen all over

Evolved1

What you mean is that some of them looked like smallpox victims?
I've not recently seen pictures of smallpox (seeing that years ago was bad enough) but I didn't get that impression from the game models when I encountered them. Idk, maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom