• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
They were frozen.
you can see those bodies on park benches and such. they are white and frozen all over
Nope, I first noticed them upstairs in MSG mission. They're inside.

Tecnniqe

Banned
I've not recently seen pictures of smallpox (seeing that years ago was bad enough) but I didn't get that impression from the game models when I encountered them. Idk, maybe.
It's pretty vile, but it could be the new combination. Of whatever doing it, as smallpox alone looks fucked up
I'm fine with zombies if the zombies have guns and behave like normal enemies, if only to stop the incessant wave of "THEY GOT ALEX"
"THEY GOT BRAINSSS!"

Klyka

Banned
Wonder how enemy variety is going to play out then. Guess we'll find out soon.

well the factions all have different enemy types like "grenadier" "rusher" "shield" "sniper" "assault" "heavy".

there was a legend for them on the map screen and it shows their icons next to their health bars.

Tovarisc

I don't think they will be able to resist going full zombie at some point.

I think that would be good way to get me move on from this game. I thought it was such shame that MachineGames made more Wolfenstein, but had to ruin it by doing nazi zombies. I know Wolfenstein games deal in unnatural, but because how dead horse that theme is now days it's such turn off.

Se_7_eN

Damn... I didn't play much of the open beta since I am already sold, but I am already missing it.

This game is going to be great.

Haruko

I'm hoping The Division stays clear of zombies.

I think the threat of contagion is plenty enough, and in a sense scarier because it's more realistic

Klyka

Banned
Weapon swapping is much faster than reloading.

I had my M1A up to 13 in a mag, but when you're facing a bunch of Rogue Agents, I very much liked to swap to the Liberator to cleanup instead of ducking to reload constantly.

weapon swapping to the pistol is very fast,but swapping between two primaries can be pretty damn slow.

btw the subways are SCARY. the ones in the dark zone are just creepy and ominous as hell.
they are the kinda places you go to and in game as well as in real life you expect zombies around every corner.

Kabouter

I don't think they will be able to resist going full zombie at some point.

As hard as it may be to believe in the current dreadful media landscape, it is actually possible to make a game/film/TV show/whatever without featuring a single zombie.

lt519

well the factions all have different enemy types like "grenadier" "rusher" "shield" "sniper" "assault" "heavy".

there was a legend for them on the map screen and it shows their icons next to their health bars.

Yeah noticed that on Sunday. Start giving them special skills later in the game, like Division Agents have and it could get fun. That'd be enough variety for me as long is it forced a different play style based on encounter.

I hope to see the infected, but I don't want them to be zombies. Don't even want to fight them really.

Also hope that at some point you visit an area that has been untouched by the uninfected, and is an absolute state of decay and filth.

Would be cool if you could wear a mask when you didn't need one. Even if it was just a facewarmer or something.

Tovarisc

Yeah noticed that on Sunday. Start giving them special skills later in the game, like Division Agents have and it could get fun. That'd be enough variety for me as long is it forced a different play style based on encounter.

I expect Last Man Battalion to be interesting group to encounter, they are private military outfit after all that got stuck in Manhattan when it was isolated and decided to embrace dark side. Gear they are rocking should be close to if not better than what Agents have.

Sorry if this has been asked already (I googled it and came up empty handed except for a rumour); But has there been any concrete details put forth about end game yet? It's honestly the only thing keeping me from putting my preorder in.

WarMacheen

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but regarding zombies, Natchai (Ubi Community Manager) said during his twitch stream of The Division this weekend that there would not be any zombies.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Sorry if this has been asked already (I googled it and came up empty handed except for a rumour); But has there been any concrete details put forth about end game yet? It's honestly the only thing keeping me from putting my preorder in.
Yeah, about a raid on rikers
Still rumor but it had a lot of personal details in it.

Klyka

Banned

well the cleaner engineers can already set down turrets.

the grenadiers have fire/flashbangs/frag grenades

the shields can do a sprint and then overhead smash at you that's very quick

the heavies can set their LMGs on cover and start a suppressing fire that pins you down and does huge damage

SomTervo

I found some zombie references while running around. Some very direct.

And I noticed a very peculiar type of dead body in the big piles. Most bodies are fully, normally clothed, but some are fucked up looking: grey, cracked skin, and... Idk... it just looked unnatural. They're scattered in, tucked away among the piles. Usually in spooky-type areas too.

Idk, idk.... they might do it!

Advanced smallpox looks like that.

Shit is fucked.

j-wood

So I'm getting this for sure on Day 1. But now I can't decide if I want the gold edition with the season pass or not :(

I don't want to be burned like I was with the Destiny Limited Edition.

Kurumi

Let's go to the pub and wait for all this to blow over.

tumblr_nxq1z8MkaM1usowlno1_400.gif

Ketch

Same, certainly don't need any zombies. Just need some enemy variety in what I'm shooting though.

There was that giant flamethrower guy at the end of the subway mission.

More stuff like that'd be cool

Maybe a helicopter or a tank.

Haruko

Cleaners are the good guys

I really want to know what their criteria is, if any. We've seen cases where they burned the living, but not always including confirmation that the victims were in contact with the infected. If they just burn everyone, why don't they burn each other/etc?

Tecnniqe

Banned
I really want to know what their criteria is, if any. We've seen cases where they burned the living, but not always including confirmation that the victims were in contact with the infected. If they just burn everyone, why don't they burn each other/etc?
They kill everyone without masks if they can't verify not having been in contact with someone who have/had the virus.

As seen in the origins video the NYFD guy pull one of their masks down and they burn him cause he's now 'infected'

SomTervo

I'm hoping The Division stays clear of zombies.

I think the threat of contagion is plenty enough, and in a sense scarier because it's more realistic

Following this whole discussions I was just thinking that.

We're talking about a fictional infection and it's horrific symptoms, but the fictional infection is based on a real infection, which you or I could theoretically contract tomorrow... it's scarier because this shit really happens to people. Those corpses are what you really would see lying around if something like this really laid people to waste.

If we see the infected, I think it will be like people who come up to you in contaminated zones or something. I think your only interaction with them will be to mercy kill them. Which would be dark enough.

Klyka

Banned

"we are the cleaners, we keep the city clean!"

"who are the unclean ones?"

"everyone that isn't us!"

"oh,ok! but what if one of us touches the unclean ones?"

"he becomes unclean himself and is to be burned"

"ok!"

cresto

My hope is massive hasn't shown all its cards (beyond the general information they've said will be there) I think the game has a chance to be good and keep my attention for a long time to come, it just depends on whats really there.

Klyka

Banned
I don't really care, what is important is what they do to continue the story. It doesn't need to be supernatural, just .. Interesting.

I kinda want to see some crazy psychopath people like in Dead Rising.
Of course with more seriousness to it, but still, the ideas are there.

I'd love it if there were enemy vehicles in the game. I am 99% sure we will never see a moving vehicle apart from the helicopters in this,but it would be SO cool.

Like, imagine having to fight some rioters on dirtbikes who drive by and try to hit you with baseball bats?

sadly it won't happen :(

dapoktan

I'm still not decided between PC or console for this one. Is the cheat thing in the DZ still an issue on PC?

This is the big thing I'm waiting for before I purchase this game. I only played open beta the first day, but during closed, the cheaters really sucked the fun out. I did see someone replicate the cheat on the first day of open, but he was banned soon after, so I dont know if they fixed it or not..

ryanofcall

Like, imagine having to fight some rioters on dirtbikes who drive by and try to hit you with baseball bats?

sadly it won't happen :(

Maybe they'll do a DLC in ehich ypu ride on a huge cargo and the motorcycle guys attack. They could call it Fury Road!
they wont :,( ... x)

Josh378

6.4 million people and half of them are a hole trolls in the DZ zone in the beta. This game is either going to make me rage quit or giggle happily deep inside me.

Normal: https://uk.gamesplanet.com/game/tom-clancy-s-the-division-uplay-key--2631-1

Gold: https://uk.gamesplanet.com/game/tom-clancy-s-the-division-gold-edition-uplay-key--2631-2

As far I know those are best prices around for PC version when purchasing from legit retail partner of Ubisoft, they are listed on Ubi's support pages as official. You can get extra 5% off [total of 30% off] if you join their Steam group or something. I got gold pre-order from there for just tad over 60€.

Keys are region free according them.

Edit: GMG is doing "Authorised source" thing with Division keys

Thanks for the info. One thing, what does 'GMG is doing "Authorised source" with Division keys' mean? (and forgive my ignorance).

Tovarisc

Thanks for the info. One thing, what does 'GMG is doing "Authorised source" with Division keys' mean? (and forgive my ignorance).

GMG promotes themselves as key seller who gets all keys in store directly from publishers [EA, Ubi etc.], but that isn't really case with all titles in GMG. Games like Black Ops 3, Witcher 3 and now Division are sourced from 3rd party selling keys to GMG, not directly from publisher. Them using 3rd party for keys has caused some funky stuff like some getting Black Ops 3 version that included Nuketown map while most got version without said map.

GMG is solid store for sure, just a lot more grayer than most would admit.

Edit:
You got to pay the troll toll

Can I pay it with hot lead, in 850 RPM?

ryanofcall

Y'all talk about the enemy factions. What about the division? I seriously hope they will have major flaws aswell. Because from what I've seen they cannot be 100% good either. That would make NO SENSE AT ALL.
There's (at least) two sides in every war, usually they're all wrong/bad in their own way. I would love to see that kind of realism (maybe even dip into social criticism) in the division...

JackEtc

So do we know how much of the city is going to be in the actual game?

Just midtown? All of Manhattan? Multiple boroughs?

The size of the map in the beta(s) kinda bummed me out/made me worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom