• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
played for about an hour on pc, and enjoyed the gameplay a lot. was happy that with a majority of settings at max i was able to stay around 30fps. felt like there was a lot to take in so i just did the basics to get a feel for whether or not i'd like to play when it releases, and i think i'll definitely put some time into it later this year!

GMG promotes themselves as key seller who gets all keys in store directly from publishers [EA, Ubi etc.], but that isn't really case with all titles in GMG. Games like Black Ops 3, Witcher 3 and now Division are sourced from 3rd party selling keys to GMG, not directly from publisher. Them using 3rd party for keys has caused some funky stuff like some getting Black Ops 3 version that included Nuketown map while most got version without said map.

GMG is solid store for sure, just a lot more grayer than most would admit.

Good to know, thanks again.

T.O.P

Banned
Personally I hope game doesn't feature any zombie/infected/mutant enemies because so many games are doing that stuff now days, and that horse was dead already year or so ago.

They could do some special events with zombies, not like an entire mode, like 3-4 times a year the DZ sees the dead come back to life, that would be cool since the base game would stay untouched

M_A_C

For people that played both PS4 and PC, did you have the same experience as me?

On PS4 in the DZ it was kaos, 20-30 people going nuts.

On PC, I saw maybe 3 people at once, most of the time no one.

catspit

i was really looking forward to proximity chat.. But after 8hrs of playing/DZ I only heard 1 other player for a couple brief seconds and it was in a different language than mine. (PS4) it would be way more fun if people would trash talk/proximity chat.. Maybe everyone's in group chat? Is my experience the same as yours on console or am I just really unlucky

ryanofcall

They could do some special events with zombies, not like an entire mode, like 3-4 times a year the DZ sees the dead come back to life, that would be cool since the base game would stay untouched

Hmmm maybe the division has a training center where you have a VR replica (parts of) of manhattan where you get trained for an undead outbreak. THAT would leave the base game untouched. Everything else would piss of a lot of people

Klyka

Banned
This is the big thing I'm waiting for before I purchase this game. I only played open beta the first day, but during closed, the cheaters really sucked the fun out. I did see someone replicate the cheat on the first day of open, but he was banned soon after, so I dont know if they fixed it or not..

the devs have clarified multiple times that non of the server side checkup of files was activated during beta so they could catch cheater methods and not give away their protection immediately.

obviously,there will always be cheaters, cause that's just how it works.
and for every one post you see complaining the game is "RIDDLED WITH CHEATERS OMG DED GAME" there are thousands of people not posting cause they never run into a hacker

Lima

i was really looking forward to proximity chat.. But after 8hrs of playing/DZ I only heard 1 other player for a couple brief seconds and it was in a different language than mine. (PS4) it would be way more fun if people would trash talk/proximity chat.. Maybe everyone's in group chat? Is my experience the same as yours on console or am I just really unlucky

More like most people don't use mics on PlayStation at all still. The mic that came with the system is uncomfortable and absolute trash.

ryanofcall

Same here, but my proximity chat was buggy when I tried on friday, because we couldn't hear our team mates anymore after entering DZ. So after half an hour we switched to psn party :/

T.O.P

Banned
Hmmm maybe the division has a training center where you have a VR replica (parts of) of manhattan where you get trained for an undead outbreak. THAT would leave the base game untouched. Everything else would piss of a lot of people

Yeah that sounds even better :D

I had the opposite experience. Played to level 8 on both platforms, only found one rogue on ps4 (and got baited into rogue status by another player when my group returned fire)
On PC I encountered plenty of rogues (though most of them didn't attack me on sight and they preferred to run away)

Population count in the DZ seemed higher on PC as well (I kept running into groups of people)

SomTervo

So do we know how much of the city is going to be in the actual game?

Just midtown? All of Manhattan? Multiple boroughs?

The size of the map in the beta(s) kinda bummed me out/made me worried.

Map below.

The red outline is the Beta area

The white lines (to the north and south) are the full game region. It's almost 5 times bigger than the Beta size, including DZ. I think it's bigger than it first appears when you factor in the big stretch to the south-east and the underground. Ripe for the DLC, too.

VJNn6Hn.png

I think I'll still hold off on buying until I hear about reviews, but I'm very close on this one.

If you want to get into the boys hole!
I lol'd at this!x)

FTFY ;)

Can I pay it with hot lead, in 850 RPM?

You didn't get it!

I had great fun with the beta. On my server everyone most mostly working together and when rogues appeared anywhere on the map everyone would just charge to their location. I played solo and once I had the Liberator and a few purple I felt incredibly strong. I really enjoyed just being in the Dark Zone and walking about waiting for shit to kick off somewhere.

They obviously need to work on the griefing techniques that people used to make people rogue and as someone who used turrets there were a few instances of frustration where my turrets would randomly attack allies. One time a guy went rogue I set up a turret, killed him and when he came back out of he checkpoint none rogue my turret still attacked him. I really like that most people will chase you down as a rogue even if they knew it was accidental but as soon as it wears off they turn back around and pretend like it never happened.

I enjoyed it so much I'm a little afraid of buying it, I've got a game to make and I can see this becoming quite a time sink and taking me away from the stuff I should be doing.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor

I think that's a PlayStation thing.
I play on the Xbox and the Proximity chat was awesome. One of my favorite elements of the DZ

SirDgby

Neo Member
Y'all talk about the enemy factions. What about the division? I seriously hope they will have major flaws aswell. Because from what I've seen they cannot be 100% good either. That would make NO SENSE AT ALL.
There's (at least) two sides in every war, usually they're all wrong/bad in their own way. I would love to see that kind of realism (maybe even dip into social criticism) in the division...

One of the loading screen messages explained that this is the second wave of agents that are being activated. There was an initial wave of Division agents that went silent -- so there might be something there.

Klyka

Banned
One of the loading screen messages explained that this is the second wave of agents that are being activated. There was an initial wave of Division agents that went silent -- so there might be something there.

Yep, Faye says as much in the cutscene: "The First Wave is either MIA or dead"
So I am pretty sure we'll find out their fate.

Klyka

Banned
yea man so much shit talking on Xbox it was fantastic LOL
reminded me of halo 2 days gat dam

nothing more satisfying than downing a rogue and he yells at you in some incomprehensible gibberish and you just step in front of him and say "I love New York" and melee him dead.

M.W.

Yeah, 25 hours or so of the CB and OB and heard 1 person in proximity chat (PS4).

Don't expect that to change come release.

Is that because people just don't chat on ps4 or was it some beta proximity voice chat issue not working?

I know for a fact that me an my group of 3 buddies tried to use proximity chat and 2 of us couldnt talk to the other two and could hear them even when we then went into a private party chat. Proximity on PS4 was straight fucked... i think that's likely why.

Archpath1

nothing more satisfying than downing a rogue and he yells at you in some incomprehensible gibberish and you just step in front of him and say "I love New York" and melee him dead.

yea my favorite i did

downed a guy , he was yelling at me
i told him "you look a little cold there, let help with that"
*tosses fire nade on him*

hahahaha

catspit

Ahh ok.. Maybe there was a bug or something making proximity chat not work on PS4. Hopefully it's working @ launch or the dev team mentions the bug.

I bought a headset for this, just hope I have people around my level to play with throughout. And hopefully people talk in the DZ.

Does being in an OS-level Party disable proximity chat?

Yeah, 25 hours or so of the CB and OB and heard 1 person in proximity chat (PS4).

Don't expect that to change come release.

Weird. I heard a bunch of people in proximity chat and I only used party chat on PS4 so they could not hear me.

Got killed badly by some guy that came up on me speaking Spanish and I thought it was someone in my party chat. .

z3phon

I know for a fact that me an my group of 3 buddies tried to use proximity chat and 2 of us couldnt talk to the other two and could hear them even when we then went into a private party chat. Proximity on PS4 was straight fucked... i think that's likely why.
Now I'm confused about what platform to buy the game on. Without proximity chat the DZ will be boring as hell.

Tovarisc

Close to end of beta there was complaints about people walking in the sky and because it was occurring on all platforms it meant in-game glitch. With friend found way to produce that glitch on PC, allowed us to explore map for details and see sneak peek of what's to come when it comes to areas. Took some screenshots.

As far I know Massive is aware how that glitch is produced on all platforms, hopefully they can fix it before release because it allows DZ douchery.

On xbone there were total cluster fucks happening right inside the one entrance where if you cut to the right there's a level-tiered chest above a ladder. Spent like an hour with about 10 other people, with everyone going Rogue and shooting at whomever Hahah. It was a blast.

Close to end of beta there was complaints about people walking in the sky and because it was occurring on all platforms it meant in-game glitch. With friend found way to produce that glitch on PC, allowed us to explore map for details and see sneak peek of what's to come when it comes to areas. Took some screenshots.

As far I know Massive is aware how that glitch is produced on all platforms, hopefully they can fix it before release because it allows DZ douchery.

Share those screenshots ;)

IvorB

I have to echo this as well...

Played on both platforms and everyone seemed to be in proximity chat on xbox while nobody was on playstation.

That proximity chat didn't work for me (PS4). I had the mic plugged in but no one could hear me and I couldn't hear anyone else.

ultron87

That proximity chat didn't work for me (PS4). I had the mic plugged in but no one could hear me and I couldn't hear anyone else.

The "auto talk sensitivity"/chat threshold option on PS4 was way too high by default so you had to talk real loud to make it work unless you turned it down. Hope they fix that in final.

Animator

Has anyone cancelled a preorder on uplay before? Do I need to email customer support?

I want to cancel my regular edition and preorder gold edition instead.

The "auto talk sensitivity"/chat threshold option on PS4 was way too high by default so you had to talk real loud to make it work unless you turned it down. Hope they fix that in final.

Same... it was fun on the Xbox but just didnt work at all on Playstation. Really a great mechanic that i wish more games utilized.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom