• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I got almost everything from farming civilians in sp.

You wouldn't find them in the DZ. They all come from trading items with civilians.

In the closed Beta I found one. In the open, I found 4 while i was just out solo. It was usually from the first civilian who I ran into when exiting an event or base.
I have a friend who got nada during the course of both beta's. *shrug*

I got a lot of shoes and coats from civilians.

Question: once you've unlocked the base of operations (which is probably the very first thing anyone will do), why would you ever go back to Camp Hudson? It seems totally redundant at that point.

I played a total of roughly 40 hours between all the closed and open Alba and betas and never once got a skin!
I got none in the Closed, but in the Open I got one from the very first civilian I helped. It was 'tan' and looked ridiculously awesome on an M4 :)

The thing is, a big reason I didn't gank random people I came across, is that there would probably be 5 randoms chasing me around 20 seconds after I went rogue. If the DZ ends up being less populated, I'd probably kill every solo player I see for the sweet DZ monies.

So we might encounter people less in the full release DZ. but I suspect those encounters may result in a fight way more often.

Oh no doubt and it would make sense because they might have better gear or more on them that you want. Compared to the beta.

Tovarisc

I played a total of roughly 40 hours between all the closed and open Alba and betas and never once got a skin!

You should be glad to hear that after closed beta devs said that they are going to add vanity item vendor for full release. How I understood it is that vendor will sell clothes and weapon paints for in-game money.

Question: once you've unlocked the base of operations (which is probably the very first thing anyone will do), why would you ever go back to Camp Hudson? It seems totally redundant at that point.

I think that in full release we will spend more time in Camp Hudson initially than in betas. First area of Manhattan was marked for level 2-4 or 5, I think, meaning we come from Brooklyn Tutorial [I guess] as level 2's. This would mean that for at least 2-3 levels Camp Hudson will be The Hub.

I feel that destiny rng curse about to hit me. about 25 hours between 2 open betas and all I got was a red gun skin once.

I played destiny from beta until about 6 months after release and never ever got an exotic gun.

If it wasn't for xur I would have been screwed.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I feel that destiny rng curse about to hit me. about 25 hours between 2 open betas and all I got was a red gun skin once.

I played destiny from beta until about 6 months after release and never ever got an exotic gun.

If it wasn't for xur I would have been screwed.
I don't think Destiny and The Division will be similar in that way. I mean they literally have civilians seek you out and give you cosmetics every 7-10 mins. And you won't be given duplicates, and they're automatically shared between characters... the more time goes by and stuff you collect, the higher the percentage you'll get that thing you want. And they let you buy decent loot with currency (just not exotics) that isn't arbitrarily capped. You can even craft your stuff.

Dude, Destiny is like meanspirited in comparison.

I got none in the Closed, but in the Open I got one from the very first civilian I helped. It was 'tan' and looked ridiculously awesome on an M4 :)

Outside of the Dark Zone, Camp Hudson was the only place where you can see and interact with fellow players. Also, the vendors at CH held different weapons and gear than the BOPS, albeit it was that great, yet it was slightly different.

Will the random bandit encounter rate and number go higher if you do free-roam with a group?
Mostly on solo, I found the free-roam too quiet in the beta.

cresto

Will the random bandit encounter rate and number go higher if you do free-roam with a group?
Mostly on solo, I found the free-roam too quiet in the beta.

Not sure how indicative this is of the final release, but watching angry joes game play from a preview event a few weeks back there are a lot more NPCs. maybe thats because hes in a group? not entirely sure but it seems like there are more enemies in the game.

https://youtu.be/PpPLATt94n0?t=13m49s

Not sure how indicative this is of the final release, but watching angry joes game play from a preview event a few weeks back there are a lot more NPCs. maybe thats because hes in a group? not entirely sure but it seems like there are more enemies in the game.

https://youtu.be/PpPLATt94n0?t=13m49s

Yeah, that's definitely more bandits than what I've encountered so far. The most noticeable difference is the number of NPCs within a group. On solo, I usually encountered 2-3 NPCs in a group at most, except in encounters and side missions. In the other hand, we can see like 6 or more of them hanging around together on that video. Not sure about the encounter rates though, perhaps there'll be more in the full version indeed.

The beta has a lot turned off. Especially encounters.

Alright, that explains a lot. And now I'm pumped!

LiK

oh wut, BB is temp sold out of Division Gold for PS4 on their site. wanted to use my newly received credit on it. already preordered but i wanted to make it cheaper, ah well.

Hawk269

Yeah, that's definitely more bandits than what I've encountered so far. The most noticeable difference is the number of NPCs within a group. On solo, I usually encountered 2-3 NPCs in a group at most, except in encounters and side missions. In the other hand, we can see like 6 or more of them hanging around together on that video. Not sure about the encounter rates though, perhaps there'll be more in the full version indeed.

Alright, that explains a lot. And now I'm pumped!

When I grouped with my Wife and took her to areas where I knew there would be some enemy AI's, I noticed that there were a lot more than when I played it in solo mode. I also remember an encounter where a second wave of enemies came out versus only one wave when I played the same scenario in Solo.

NuKERxyz

DF didn't release a comparisson from this last build yet?

I had frame stuttering in the dark zone every 6 seconds on Xbox One, no problems in ps4 except for a pretty bad input lag on the right analog stick, but that PC version is from another Gen.
Will play this on PC, I hope they are dealing with cheaters.

DF didn't release a comparisson from this last build yet?

I had frame stuttering in the dark zone every 6 seconds on Xbox One, no problems in ps4 except for a pretty bad input lag on the right analog stick, but that PC version is from another Gen.
Will play this on PC, I hope they are dealing with cheaters.

Some one needs to present me a game that stop cheaters. That is the issue with pc games that are online. Shoot CSGO has a system in place but even that doesn't help very much.

Just a thought.

bjaelke

Some one needs to present me a game that stop cheaters. That is the issue with pc games that are online. Shoot CSGO has a system in place but even that doesn't help very much.

Just a thought.
The development team has resolved most of the PC cheating issues tracked during the Closed Beta, and all of them should be resolved by launch on March 8. This monitoring will be an on-going process during Open Beta and after game release.

Although some of the PC cheating vulnerabilities were discovered during the Closed Beta, solutions have been identified and deployed progressively. In the meantime, in order to ensure a fair and positive experience between players during the Open Beta, cheaters will be systematically banned.
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1212056-Hacking-the-division-!?p=11397282#post11397282

The game looks stunning with sweetfx.
divdivdiv.jpg
Just turn that black bars off from the settings and it'll be perfect.

Tecnniqe

Banned

Hope Open Beta Cheaters won't get a chance to play the game on their account :p
If I'm not mistaken a dev said they would give people a 2nd chance come release. Can't source it atm but I'm pretty sure I heard that

If I was Ubi I would want them to cheat during CB and OB to find weaknesses and ways to fix loop holes.

And as a result 'thank' them for doing it during beta so they can't fuck the release.

deoee

If I'm not mistaken a dev said they would give people a 2nd chance come release. Can't source it atm but I'm pretty sure I heard that

If I was Ubi I would want them to cheat during CB and OB to find weaknesses and ways to fix loop holes.

Cheaterscum does not deserve a second chance
image.php

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Strawpoll on GAF and people are surprised PS4 is the most common platform.

deoee

During betas I disagree.
It's a important step to learn how to stop them.
We should be happy that we learn from that before release.

This is like a cheater would talk
image.php

No seriously, I get your point and I agree. But still, people should NOT get a second chance in my book cause people barely change. :p

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
If they don't change then they'll get caught on release and banned. No reason to ban them for cheating in the beta. Technically they are helping the developers.

AngerdX

image.php

No seriously, I get your point and I agree. But still, people should NOT get a second chance in my book cause people barely change. :p

I would wait for release and then ban, after i got their money, damn assholes, just googled esp cheats and holy crap, i just never got why you would even bother with that crap.

I just hope it doesn´t become a huge issue.

Tecnniqe

Banned
image.php

As someone with a VAC ban from modifying files like FOV over a year ago and miss clicking a menu and go online, I think 2nd chances are good and not this shit policy of "Nope fuck you for not playing at 50FOV on s pc"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom