• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SomTervo

The DZ will have "missions" (and "events") as well. So the only real difference to Manhattan is the location and that the DZ feels more MMO'y because there's random people.

Also there was a word going around of a DZ mode for the whole map, not sure if that was just a rumor or legit info.

It was me who originally said that. And there was no "rumour": I simply said "wouldn't it be cool if, as a special public event, they turned the whole map DZ" and then some other guy misunderstood me and replied saying "public DZ events are confirmed", which has nothing to do with what I said.

Basically: the whole-map DZ thing is not at all on the cards and was simply a musing by me. A cool, but pipedream, idea.

You could see other players in the Safehouse? o_O

Never happened to me

Not the safehouse; Camp Hudson.

When you walk through to where the first vendors are, you can see people running about/talking to vendors/doing dumping jacks.

Very Dark Souls. I love it. Hope there's more stuff like that in the full overworld.

Raide

Guild master rage is my favourite type of rage.

I so hope the Division has guild options. :D

Do you think they might add set items like in Diablo?That would be cool.

They really should. Set bonus stuff can add some interesting variation.

Imagine having a set that makes your turret fire incendiary bullets, or changes its function entirely? Stuff like that breathes fresh life into D3 every time a patch comes out.

The hostage got killed once in our run and then the game just glitched out and never respawned anything. Had to quit out of the mission and we never bothered to run it again as the fight before the hostage one was so tiring :p

That fight before the hostage one is definitely cheap in comparison to the rest. That part alone feels like the end fight because the no respawn zone at the end was much easier.

Kane1345

hahaha yeah!

What if everyone went super tacticool?

Dot-dot-dah-dah-dot

lol

Imagine having a set that makes your turret fire incendiary bullets, or changes its function entirely? Stuff like that breathes fresh life into D3 every time a patch comes out.

+1 for armor set options

kriskrosbbk

I agree mate. I enjoy that stuff in Diablo.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

Yes, set items need to happen.

deoee

More like SoF

What does the F stand for
image.php

I kind of assumed you'd run into people out in Manhattan when you weren't in the DZ. would be kinda cool if there were one or two other people in the same instance of the map as you.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Ubisoft's achievement/social gimmick tied to Uplay. If you click on The Division Beta in the Games tab you'll see some stats tied to "Ubisoft Club" at the very bottom.
For 100 or something uCoins you can get 20% off on everything in their store, including pre-orders

Also there was a word going around of a DZ mode for the whole map, not sure if that was just a rumor or legit info.

I was hoping there was some talk of this. That would be amazing to have a mode (screw event i'd stay in there 90% of the time) that transformed the entire map into a DZ with 20 different extraction zones and higher risk/reward situations. Maybe they could turn that on at level cap for end-game content. I'd be super excited for that!

kriskrosbbk

Ubisoft's achievement/social gimmick tied to Uplay. If you click on The Division Beta in the Games tab you'll see some stats tied to "Ubisoft Club" at the very bottom.

I am on PS4 mate ,and honestly barely used Uplay.

Edit : Anyway I found it and hit Unlock. I guess this is the jacket.

bjaelke

I am on PS4 mate ,and honestly barely used Uplay.

Edit : Anyway I found it and hit Unlock. I guess this is the jacket.

Yes, jacket is open beta. Weapon skin is Alpha (Xbox exclusive) and the cap is allegedly closed beta reward although they haven't officially confirmed that.

kriskrosbbk

Guys,help me understand something as it is not clear to me after two betas already.Do I gain the scope bonus only by equipping it or actually it should be switched by R3 in order to gain the bonuses.Scopes with less zoom than 4xACOG I dont really bother to hit R3 before shooting.Do I lose their bonuses that way?

deoee

Guys,help me understand something as it is not clear to me after two betas already.Do I gain the scope bonus only by equipping it or actually it should be switched by R3 in order to gain the bonuses.Scopes with less zoom than 4xACOG I dont really bother to hit R3 before shooting.Do I lose their bonuses that way?

They apply once attached.

One thing that bugs me about this game is the dialogue. I really don't like that woman's voice in my ears, it sounds so forced and scripted. I can just see the director in the background all like "Remember, there's a virus that's wiped out the whole area so you need to sound like slightly down and exhausted with just a smidgen of hope." The inflection of it just annoys me, it's so damn common in games these days. https://youtu.be/Ped2_TtCQBA?t=281

deoee

One thing that bugs me about this game is the dialogue. I really don't like that woman's voice in my ears, it sounds so forced and scripted. I can just see the director in the background all like "Remember, there's a virus that's wiped out the whole area so you need to sound like slightly down and exhausted with just a smidgen of hope." The inflection of it just annoys me, it's so damn common in games these days. https://youtu.be/Ped2_TtCQBA?t=281

She's annoying but not constantly reminding you that there is a virus etc. (e.g. the cleaner mission with all the dead bodies etc.)

And now we can start with mutants , and aliens
:)

Yup... not zombies doesnt mean not sick people infected with some engineered strain of smallpox or some other "thing". As long as they're not the simple zombie... i'm super ok with it. The enemy diversity def needs a boost. Something other than humans would be fun to go up against.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom