• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Double Toasted team AKA the best film reviewers out there

kewlmyc

Okie, Suicide Squad scores:

Korey:
Straight up Bullshit
The ending pissed him right the fuck off.

Martin:
Rental

Korey G:
Some 'ol Bullshit
Better than BvS though

Mojo: Bark!

BatWill:
Rental

Bonus image:

I thought Korey G said
this movie made him appreciate BvS more.

Timu

Korey killed it in that Suicide Squad review, lol.

But I don't agree with him when comparing to Fantastic Four, now that movie was painful all around. I mean as in quality, not similar scenes.

Sai

I think they said the last third of the movie turned into Fantastic Four.

Sounds like it was pretty decent up 'til that point.

Timu

I think they said the last third of the movie turned into Fantastic Four.

Sounds like it was pretty decent up 'til that point.
Ok, that makes sense, I can see what they mean.

Having seeing it, I do agree, I mean, the last third should had been paced better.

BLACKLAC

His rant about the animated version touches on something I've been saying for years.

DC live action will always be in the shadow of the mid 90's/early 2000's animated efforts.

His rant about the animated version touches on something I've been saying for years.

DC live action will always be in the shadow of the mid 90's/early 2000's animated efforts.

And yet we got the dark knight trilogy, not many people were singing this tune then. I'll take it over any of their cartoon films honestly. And prefer Ledger over Hamill easily although the latter did a dope job over the years.

This shadow you're talking about is nonsense. They've just gotta get a better sense of quality control and give these films to better people. Or just hand everything to snyder. I thought BvS was an interesting experiment I'll gladly see where the hell he plunges the characters to. I don't really care either way.

I just want the batman brand to stay safe. Affleck plz.

BLACKLAC

And yet we got the dark knight trilogy, not many people were singing this tune then. I'll take it over any of their cartoon films honestly. And prefer Ledger over Hamill easily although the latter did a dope job over the years.

This shadow you're talking about is nonsense. They've just gotta get a better sense of quality control and give these films to better people. Or just hand everything to snyder. I thought BvS was an interesting experiment I'll gladly see where the hell he plunges the characters to. I don't really care either way.

I just want the batman brand to stay safe. Affleck plz.

I'll give you The Dark Knight, but the other 2 don't come close. Shirley Walker >>> Zimmer.

I'll give you The Dark Knight, but the other 2 don't come close. Shirley Walker >>> Zimmer.

Meh I'll take begins over the animated series any day too. If tdkr wasn't so messy that would be in the discussion too but that's just a few great moments in an otherwise just decent film. I loved the timmverse and it was a big introduction to the characters for me but I think Nolan made something a lot more interesting.

Walker is great though but that dark knight theme is life. So lit. And that music when ra's is training Bruce too...phew. these movies are so beyond what marvel and dc is giving us now imo. In literally every facet except action scenes of course.

BLACKLAC

Meh I'll take begins over the animated series any day too. If tdkr wasn't so messy that would be in the discussion too but that's just a few great moments in an otherwise just decent film. I loved the timmverse and it was a big introduction to the characters for me but I think Nolan made something a lot more interesting.

Walker is great though but that dark knight theme is life. So lit.

If Shirley Walker was still alive she would single handedly save the DCEU. Just make something that fits whatever theme she comes up with. Instant win. 😥 😥 😥

Fucking BTAS just sitting there with the blueprint.

Eh I think Zimmer did a good job with Superman, Batman and wonder guitar.

Worried about the others though. Now that he's bailing on comic movies I have a feeling the rest of the team will be stuck with some bland ass music.

Shame about Suicide Squad, GotG, and Deadpool to an extent is how overpowering the licensed tracks are. Price, Bates, and Junkie XL did some of the better work in recent years.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
This review is fucking classic. 😂😂😂

EDIT: Did nobody making this Suicide Squad watch Assault on Arkham? Hahaha

Did anyone at DC look at any of their awesome animated movies before making a live action film? Green Lantern would have been good if based on the animated movie first flight.

Bleepey

Christ almighty, finally watched the drunk show. Y'all weren't kidding.

The biggest shock was
Martin has a daughter(s?)

I swear I've never seen or heard that come up from anyone, even the Spill days! I wonder if anyone else is a parent.

lmao Will is straight up Ben from Parks&Rec

bmgw3.gif

Martin doesn't mention it often but he has said it a few times. I used to think he fancied hispanic chicks cos there were a few times he mentioned lusting after latinas but then with Billy and Korey he said he asked if he was the only one who fancied black girls.

Martin doesn't mention it often but he has said it a few times. I used to think he fancied hispanic chicks cos there were a few times he mentioned lusting after latinas but then with Billy and Korey he said he asked if he was the only one who fancied black girls.

I think he fancies both. I remember his Vegas story about the friend who basically got robbed and he mentioned how he wanted to get with one of the girls before his friend got swindled.

Sai

Yesterday's show was pretty hilarious. Korey and the others played off that comment Danielle made pretty well, but it looked like she had a gun to the back of her head for the rest of the show.

Dram

Yesterday's show was pretty hilarious. Korey and the others played off that comment Danielle made pretty well, but it looked like she had a gun to the back of her head for the rest of the show.
Yeah but after Martin made that gorilla comment, you would think he would be more careful about what he says on air.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I like seeing the big audience there for the shows. Adds even more energy to things, especially with a big trailer like Rogue One.

Grizzlyjin

Man down! Man down!

Haha naw. But good for Korey. They seem very happy together. Now we gotta ask when Danielle is going to settle down lol

dvdjamm

It's been awhile since I've had a good long laugh...But then I saw the review on Farrah Abraham not dating black men and the last 10 minutes are just amazing. I didn't know that Farrah Abraham actually made an album of songs. They played a couple of songs and the look on Danielle and Martin's faces is just special. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tntwEaNTok

Top Bottom