• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Double Toasted team AKA the best film reviewers out there

Korey finally dun did it.
14088589_10151078984009953_4491897551699684598_n.jpg

Congrats to the couple!

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Wonder if they'll review Kingsglaive... probably not, hard to even find a theater playing it.

I doubt they touch it until it comes out on Blu-ray, and probably not even then unless a lot of people request it.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Since Kingsglaive is game-related Korey could go with KG and Ray like they did for Nine Lives (lol). But yeah, it's probably down to requests.

Ahiru77

Congratz to newlyweds, Korey and Mia!

Wonder if they'll review Kingsglaive... probably not, hard to even find a theater playing it.

I doubt they touch it until it comes out on Blu-ray, and probably not even then unless a lot of people request it.

Since Kingsglaive is game-related Korey could go with KG and Ray like they did for Nine Lives (lol). But yeah, it's probably down to requests.

Hmmm....I wonder. Would be a very stand-out-from-the-rest thing to do.

This had me dying. Love how Danielle got all salty about KFC's marketing. lol

I mean, yeah it's stupid, but the novelty of the idea obviously worked. People like bizarre shit nowadays. Hell, I'll be the first to admit I got into Old Spice just because of the ads.

As for her argument about it hurting the brand, I think it'll take a lot more than sunscreen scented sunblock to do it. If fast food chains can still get business after an E. Coli scare or blatant homophobia, I think KFC will be fine.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that

Korey vs The World. Lol. I haven't seen the movie but I can tell what angle Korey was coming at with his review. Comparatively the movie might not stack up to your boilerplate prestige drama, but if it's pushing the genre that it's in, you gotta give it props. Like a signal to other horror movies saying that's what they should excel to.

I did watch "Hush" on Netflix last night. Dude called into the show a few months ago recommending it. Nice horror flick, very tightly written script. I'm surprised so many people went gaga for "It Follows" but didn't give Hush any love.

Hjod

Banned
Korey vs The World. Lol. I haven't seen the movie but I can tell what angle Korey was coming at with his review. Comparatively the movie might not stack up to your boilerplate prestige drama, but if it's pushing the genre that it's in, you gotta give it props. Like a signal to other horror movies saying that's what they should excel to.

I did watch "Hush" on Netflix last night. Dude called into the show a few months ago recommending it. Nice horror flick, very tightly written script. I'm surprised so many people went gaga for "It Follows" but didn't give Hush any love.

I feel like Don't breath follows the same path as The Collector, and I think I might like it if it really does.

Will watch Hush tonight, I like the whole Thriller/Horror genre.

Burt

Yeah, I think the sponsorship stuff is fine exactly because they're so incredibly blunt about it. They deserve to be able to support themselves with their channel, and I'm more than happy to sit through
skip
a spot so blatant it rockets past problematic and settles on the line between absurd and obligatory. It's either that or pay them myself, either through Youtube Red or Patreon, and I'm more than happy to have Gamefly cover that for me.

Because Gamefly is the gamer's choice and I love my subscription and everyone should sub to them because they're the very best in the whole world!

Grizzlyjin

And that was them trying to be nice about Yoga Hosers. It doesn't even look like something that I could watch for the sheer ridiculousness of it. It just seems obnoxious. I'm one of those weird people that is a fan of Kevin Smith outside of any of his film work. Podcast Smith, I'm down with. Movie or TV Smith, meh.

Have any of yall actually called in or gone to any of the parties/events? I'm hoping they come to LA eventually, but if not, I'd love to go visit Austin one day and be there for a live show.

Have any of yall actually called in or gone to any of the parties/events? I'm hoping they come to LA eventually, but if not, I'd love to go visit Austin one day and be there for a live show.

I've been trying to catch a live show so I can call in for a "Cut That Bitch Off" segment, but my schedule keeps clashing.

Back in Spill days, I called into the call-in show (the one he would do on blogtalkradio) a couple times. We talked about Beauty and the Beast and Don't Look Now. lol And I got a letter read on Let's Do This.

I definitely want to go Austin and see them as well.

Grizzlyjin

Nah, not yet. I grew up in Austin though so I'm gonna visit my folks and hit up the next anniversary party. Should have done it for this one but I got swamped with work.

Korey is actually going to be in LA in a few days, and then Danielle the week after that or something. They mentioned it on the past couple shows because people will be filling in for Korey.

I would like too, but I don't currently have the means to do so.

I might request a call in if I can think of a decent enough question or a movie I want to listen in on.

Top Bottom