• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Double Toasted team AKA the best film reviewers out there

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
They can't get my man Sully's name right, especially Korey haha. Glad to see Danielle in on a review, they should do that more often.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
October is going to be delicious, just because we'll get more Korey vs Martin & Goodwin fights over horror movies. The seeds were planted with Lights Out but they blossomed with Don't Breathe lol

mreddie

Also from Sunday

GFSDT96.gif

"The best film reviewers out there"

And I thought that was just hyperbole. Discovered DT a few days ago and they've shot up to being my favorite movie review channel. Not only are they damn funny and down to earth, they actually critique movies really well

"The best film reviewers out there"

And I thought that was just hyperbole. Discovered DT a few days ago and they've shot up to being my favorite movie review channel. Not only are they damn funny and down to earth, they actually critique movies really well

JffT9v.gif

I figure this must put off a lot of people. It's a shame because everybody I've shown their videos to absolutely loves them.

I first discovered this crew when someone posted a review they did for Dragonball Evolution. I believe it may have even been on GAF. It was back during the Spill era. I laughed so hard and I just fell in love with these guys. I have been a fan ever since.

They have such great chemistry and it's awesome when they have a disagreement on a movie because you get valid criticisms from both sides.

dcelw540

Used to watch korey on spill and missed him and stumbled on to double toasted and said man he sounds fimilar found out korey was in it and got hooked. What ever happened to the rest of the crew from spill?

They filled the gap left by Roger Ebert and the Flick Filosopher for me.

I first discovered this crew when someone posted a review they did for Dragonball Evolution. I believe it may have even been on GAF. It was back during the Spill era. I laughed so hard and I just fell in love with these guys. I have been a fan ever since.

They have such great chemistry and it's awesome when they have a disagreement on a movie because you get valid criticisms from both sides.
Seriously. Actually it was that reactions here to the When The Bough Breaks review that got me to finally check them out. It's like everything I wanted from a movie review channel. Down to earth guys with views and interest in movies that align really well with what I like, legit movie critiques and reviews (I tend to watch Chris Stuckmann, Jeremy Jahns, or RLM so...yeah), and great humor that comes so naturally from their great chemistry

Used to watch korey on spill and missed him and stumbled on to double toasted and said man he sounds fimilar found out korey was in it and got hooked. What ever happened to the rest of the crew from spill?

Carlyle (real name Cargill) is getting that Marvel money! He is a co-writer for Doctor Strange. Previously was a co-writer for Sinister.

Cyrus (aka Chris Cox) has a site with Brian Salisbury @ oneofus.net. They have a podcast too I believe.

Co-Host 3000 (aka Tony) had some personal/family matters to attend to and is most likely done with podcasting and such.

Going through their movie review archive on Soundcloud and god damn that Dawn of the Planet of the Apes review was one heated back-and-forth

Sai

Did the High Score livestream ever start earlier? I gave up after an hour and a half.

[EDIT] - I guess not. Odd that no update to the post was made to address the delay.

Grizzlyjin

PASSENGERS Trailer reaction

I agree with them that the movie seems to have a somewhat... movie studio production feel. I won't go as far as to call it a cash in, but I understand where they're coming from.

Something just feels majorly off with this movie. I can't even put my finger on it. It's very...manufactured? Which is kinda dumb because all movies are but this seems a little more blatant about the marketing wanting to tick all these little boxes.

I've heard great things about the script, so I hope it didn't get messed up along the way.

Also, Pratt and Lawrence are barely acting in the clips they've put together for the trailer. I think that might be the most concerning thing for me because theyre carrying this film.

tookhster

Just started watching and I agree. He could rock a TED talk if he wanted to.

What pissed me off was that like 75% of the class was looking at their laptops/phones or looked extremely bored. I was honestly shocked. In my university, whenever we have a guest speaker everyone pays attention and the professor makes sure there are no electronics out.

I didn't know he's been doing this for so long. No wonder these guys are so good

When they did the Reel Deal, their old public access show before Spill.com was a thing, they actually aired a slot after Alex Jones first public show. So they hung out with him at the bar after shooting all the time.

Small anecdote.

What pissed me off was that like 75% of the class was looking at their laptops/phones or looked extremely bored. I was honestly shocked. In my university, whenever we have a guest speaker everyone pays attention and the professor makes sure there are no electronics out.

Yeah, that irked me too. Because of that, I was surprised they had so many questions at the end. But I guess it was mainly from the few people who were paying attention. lol

LionPride

Banned
I remember when the podcast Denzel Washington is the Greatest Actor of All Time Period talked about Fences they wondered how Denzel would compare to James Earl Jones. Whew, that clip is just so powerful

Ahiru77

Man, after the Peregrine review I'm beginning to think that seeing DT post a video review for a movie automatically means that it's trash.

They were really going in on the performances, dam.

Grizzlyjin

Man, after the Peregrine review I'm beginning to think that seeing DT post a video review for a movie automatically means that it's trash.

They were really going in on the performances, dam.

Might be the fact that this was a really bad summer for popular films too. Almost every blockbuster was hot garbage.

Wasn't that Asa Butterfield kid the frontrunner to be the new Spider-Man?

Magwik

Banned
They honestly should have waited until Martin could chime in for the review. Such a weird review with only 3 episodes watched

Top Bottom