• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Double Toasted team AKA the best film reviewers out there

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that

caliph95

I landed in about the same place as Korey in regards to Guardians of the Galaxy. I liked it but I didn't love it so many other people I know.

So I guess Gertz is swapped in for Danielle on the nerdy shit now? Been noticing him pop up for the trailers reactions now
I wouldn't mind if Gertz replaces Danielle on certain stuff.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I wouldn't mind if Gertz replaces Danielle on certain stuff.

Yeah, I'm cool with it. Gertz will have more to say about comic book and sci-fi film stuff. Danielle seemed lost with most of that.

Kind of surprised Korey didn't have any issue with the escalation in this considering he said Magneto torching a city in Apocalypse was too much or too over the top.

Well Magneto torching a city
didn't get reversed. As far as the physical world knows, Dormommu never exploded out of the center of Hong Kong. And if you're referring to New York, that was in the mirror dimension so it doesn't effect the real world.

ugoo18

Well Magneto torching a city
didn't get reversed. As far as the physical world knows, Dormommu never exploded out of the center of Hong Kong. And if you're referring to New York, that was in the mirror dimension so it doesn't effect the real world.

Yeah but Magneto is well within his bounds to torch a city especially considering what has happening and Apocalypse.
Strange also was well within his bounds with his time bending but Korey's issue with Magneto was that it was too ridiculous for him which Strange's solution to Dormammu also should have been then considering he basically bound a being that eats dimensions with little trouble.

Yeah but Magneto is well within his bounds to torch a city especially considering what has happening and Apocalypse.
Strange also was well within his bounds with his time bending but Korey's issue with Magneto was that it was too ridiculous for him which Strange's solution to Dormammu also should have been then considering he basically bound a being that eats dimensions with little trouble.

Korey's issue is that Magneto's powers escalated to ridiculous level from film to film, not that he could do it, but that he could do it while struggling to say, lift a truck or something in DoFP.

ugoo18

Korey's issue is that Magneto's powers escalated to ridiculous level from film to film, not that he could do it, but that he could do it while struggling to say, lift a truck or something in DoFP.

That was Apocalypse boosting his power though if i remember correctly in the most recent film. His powers didn't seem to escalate ridiculously to me, he moved a nuclear sub in First class then a stadium in DoFP and finally with the help of Apocalypse was able to wreck a city in the most recent film. Magneto after all is no slouch power wise and i don't find it too out there that in addition to whatever Apocalypse boosted Magneto himself was growing stronger over time.

Strange went from struggling to create anything to binding a dimensional eater like it was nothing. To me anyway that's a much greater escalation especially since it was in one film.

That was Apocalypse boosting his power though if i remember correctly in the most recent film. His powers didn't seem to escalate ridiculously to me, he moved a nuclear sub in First class then a stadium in DoFP and finally with the help of Apocalypse was able to wreck a city in the most recent film. Magneto after all is no slouch power wise and i don't find it too out there that in addition to whatever Apocalypse boosted Magneto himself was growing stronger over time.

Strange went from struggling to create anything to binding a dimensional eater like it was nothing. To me anyway that's a much greater escalation especially since it was in one film.

I thought Korey's main problem with the escalation there is that it deescalates immediately and Magneto is absolved back to frenemy status after siphoning cities all over the world and killing thousands of people in the process.

But regardless, both Korey and Martin mentioned they had issue with how fast Strange mastered his abilities.

ugoo18

I thought Korey's main problem with the escalation there is that it deescalates immediately and Magneto is absolved back to frenemy status after siphoning cities all over the world and killing thousands of people in the process.

Hmmm maybe i misunderstood him in that case then, that after all has been a thing through the X-Men movies overall. Regardless of how bad things get the frenemy status of the Professor and Magneto has been there in the background, personally speaking i attributed it to the depth of their friendship. Despite their differing views on achieving their goals they still greatly respect each other.

But regardless, both Korey and Martin mentioned they had issue with how fast Strange mastered his abilities.

Definitely agreed with this though, movie took place over a year right? Felt like they could have probably extended his training length in universe time to around 2 maybe 3 years instead.

Magwik

Banned
Arrival review
Definitely need to see this one and need to check out Prisoners and Enemy in the near future.

Also looking forward to seeing the Shut In review after reading about the ludacris twist.

mreddie

Beasts I'm not shocked after I heard what happens in the ending. Can not believe Strange is a better magic film than a film connected to what brought us to the dance in the 1st place.

cj_iwakura

Beasts I'm not shocked after I heard what happens in the ending. Can not believe Strange is a better magic film than a film connected to what brought us to the dance in the 1st place.

I love me some good magical/occult fiction, and Dr. Strange is top shelf. Beasts seems... kind of uninspired.

Grizzlyjin

Moana Movie Review

Love when Korey and Martin get to review animated films. I was really surprised by Martin's score most of all.

2016 has been shitty overall for movies, but really good for animation. Zootopia, Kubo and the Two Strings, Kungfu Panda 3, and Moana all in the same year.

I know I'm really, really late with this but the whole NTSB railroading shit was bullshit. https://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/sep/12/sully-clint-eastwood-hudson-river-plane-crash-ntsb
With Sully, the film-makers were faced with a problem: how to make a feature-length movie about a six-minute flight? They took the easy way out and invented an antagonist. As a result, the takeaway is that the NTSB – as I heard one person leaving a screening say – “tried to stitch Sully up”.

It’s not hard to see why this tack appealed to strident libertarian Eastwood. In its populist zeal, the American right wing has been increasingly unwilling to accept the legitimacy of any branch of federal government. Sully meshes perfectly with a worldview where petty and clueless civil servants obstruct real Americans from being great

Yeah, this film leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

Mesousa

Banned
Yoooo Florence Henderson died.

Didnt they say during the Fifty Shades of Black review that it would be really sad if that was her last film?

mreddie

LOVING MOVIE REVIEW

TFFgFtz.gif

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
JAqVbWM.gif

this shit had me in stitches.

I'm digging these sneak peeks they're having at the start of the videos now.

J.G.

Neo Member
I don't think she got kicked out because you can hear her in the audience in some of the videos, but I think she's taken a backseat

Top Bottom