• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Double Toasted team AKA the best film reviewers out there

Yeah, really curious to see what they thought of the entire show especially Martin's thoughts. I really hope they don't just skip it. This was cool, but a little too early. I wish they wouldn't have caved in to demands if they weren't done with it yet, but i understand they probably wanted to get something out there and strike while it's hot.

But I just closed the tab when Will came on man, lol not gonna lie.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Martin talked about Luke Cage a little bit on last night's show. Sounded like he hasn't really been digging it.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Got flagged for copyright, apparently.
yeah, happens fairly often. the miss peregrine video had to be uploaded 3 times.

X6ORRRv.png

I'm super glad that Martin felt the same way about Miss Peregrim as I did. I wouldn't go as high as a rental though, I really just did not like the movie much at all. It was fine once, but this felt like a weak attempt on Burton's part. And a shame too, given that I kind of liked the story and ideas. I'd be very curious to see how the book handles them better.

I just have to share this older episode from the "Korey and Martin Show" days with y'all:

https://soundcloud.com/kcoolman/the-korey-and-martin-show-4-13

I was just going through the old episodes and this one has had me dyin' laughin' non-stop. Korey and Martin are joined by Andrew (I miss that dude!!) and Billy. It is just insane.

Some of the topics include: Andrew's dad in a bad mood, Angelina Jolie lookalike stabs man for not having sex with her, To Catch A Predator, Ice JJ Fish, etc.

John Wick Chapter 2 Trailer Reaction

Danielle going in hard on John Wick 1 damn. And Goodwin leaving Korey in the dust haha. I miss Co-host cause him and Korey usually fanboy over the same stuff and would have loved to have seen Co-Host and Korey vs everyone else on this trailer.

Sure

https://soundcloud.com/kcoolman/9-4-16-dt-roast-toast-sc#t=1:10:10

Starts about there when they talk a little bit more about race in Luke Cage, Martin throws his opinion about the series about 5 minutes past the point in the link.

Thanks! Curious to hear what Martin's opinion on the whole show is cause it sounds like he lines up with me.

John Wick Chapter 2 Trailer Reaction

Danielle going in hard on John Wick 1 damn. And Goodwin leaving Korey in the dust haha. I miss Co-host cause him and Korey usually fanboy over the same stuff and would have loved to have seen Co-Host and Korey vs everyone else on this trailer.

Yeah Korey didn't have any support. I couldn't finish the video tbh with the faces Danielle and Korey G were making while Korey was talking about the trailer. I was just like damn, I get it, y'all are above this.

I think I loved John Wick too much. lol

S1kkZ

Yeah Korey didn't have any support. I couldn't finish the video tbh with the faces Danielle and Korey G were making while Korey was talking about the trailer. I was just like damn, I get it, y'all are above this.

same, it really pissed me off. its ok to dislike something but dont be an ass about it, if someone is excited for it.

same, it really pissed me off. its ok to dislike something but dont be an ass about it, if someone is excited for it.

Yeah I dunno what was going on. Danielle was being pretty obnoxious about it and Goodwin making weird arguments about the trailer. I mean, John Wick 1's trailer told us it was a revenge story for a dead dog. Action movie premises don't get any more generic and flimsy than that. All in good fun I s'pose, but Korey wasn't that crazy for getting excited over it.

Roussow

This might be a bit obscure -- but has anyone at DT had a feud / argument to the degree of something like the Cyrus / Co-Host Lockout fiasco in the Spill days? That was some classic bitterness.

Also, fuck I'm sour that they have a partnership with Soundcloud and hence don't upload shows to the ITunes podcast feed. Any other reasonable way to download to an IPhone without streaming?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Sounds like Doctor Strange preview blew their minds. The closer we get to the release, the more interested I become for that one. Especially if the writing is actually solid and it isn't a cookie cutter origin story

This might be a bit obscure -- but has anyone at DT had a feud / argument to the degree of something like the Cyrus / Co-Host Lockout fiasco in the Spill days? That was some classic bitterness.

Also, fuck I'm sour that they have a partnership with Soundcloud and hence don't upload shows to the ITunes podcast feed. Any other reasonable way to download to an IPhone without streaming?
What I do is use nplayer from the iTunes store. With the browser in nplayer, I go to the double toasted site, then go to the page of the show I want to listen to. The sound cloud player on the page has a download button. Hit the download button and it'll prompt you to either download or play, choose download and select where you wish to save it. The nplayer also has the ability to resume playback for audio like iTunes player.

Yeah I dunno what was going on. Danielle was being pretty obnoxious about it and Goodwin making weird arguments about the trailer. I mean, John Wick 1's trailer told us it was a revenge story for a dead dog. Action movie premises don't get any more generic and flimsy than that. All in good fun I s'pose, but Korey wasn't that crazy for getting excited over it.

I think on Goodwin's part it was just that contrarian bone in his body to want to take Korey's enthusiasm down a notch regardless of how excited he personally was for it. As for Danielle, to be honest, every woman I've seen John Wick with didn't really care for it either so I can't say I'm surprised. It's a good movie but it doesn't really offer a lot for the more feminine-minded viewer. I just hurt me a little to see them wanting to cut him off like that.

Grizzlyjin

Free live show today. Sunday Service and then they're doing reactions to The Walking Dead season premiere.

I actually liked their discussion about last year's season finale. They should do it more often with big shows.

Top Bottom