• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion |OT|

Wollan

I think the Cure Vampirism quest is bugged.

I have delivered all the requested items(and gotten the uber vampire dust and argonian blood) except the 2x bloodgrass which is not possible.
I've asked alot of people, reread the quide alot of times and I tried 'breaking' the game.
Doesn't work. Nomatter what I try, she doesn't ask for it so I can't give it to her.

Sysgen

Big Nate said:
Too bad I couldn't become Champion in the guild due to the massive bug with the Swamp Cave quest. Totally screws 360 owners who can't console in the needed guy. Not only can you not become Champion, but it screws 360 owners out of 10 achievement points.

Please tell me this is getting fixed in the upcoming patch, Steve!

So this is impossible to do or is there some condition? Should I hold off doing it or is alright to get the quest and then hold off starting it until a patch comes out?

Vark

ijm72 said:
Thank you I will try this when I get home.

The other spy shows up at the Runestones south of Cloud Ruler at around midnight. One of the Blades will tell you but i forget which one.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Sysgen said:
So this is impossible to do or is there some condition? Should I hold off doing it or is alright to get the quest and then hold off starting it until a patch comes out?

Here's the deal, spoilered just in case:

Your mission is to go to Harlan's Watch, a small town, and find out what is killing all the towns people. You get there and find out they see strange lights down by the lake. Of course, these are Wisps. You get down there and have to off about 4 or 5 Wisps. This gives you a quest update saying investigate the cave nearby, which is Swamp Cave. Upon entering, you should find the place full of Trolls. After killing all the Trolls, it gives another quest update saying look for evidence of the towns people getting killed.

The green quest arrow leads you to a room with a few zombies and 3 skeletons, and supposedly the body of Eduard Denile, which upon investigating sends you back to Harlan's Watch. The bug is that Eduard's body isn't there! Many people have reported this, and on the PC version you can enter a console command to force the game to load his body. 360 owners are screwed. It's bugged for some, for others it is fine.

My own opinion is that visiting the cave BEFORE you get the quest and killing the Trolls screws it up, as I did this. There were still some Trolls in there for me, but there were a lot of dead Trolls already, too.

Anyway, you can skip this quest entirely and finish the Fighter's Guild line just by going to Chorral and talking to the Orc guy
that got kicked out of the Guild at the same time you got demoted
You just won't ever be "Champion" rank in the FG, nor will you get the achievement points (not a big deal, I know, but still, there it is).

SonnyBoy

I've seen the same sort of bug during the mages quests. You have to retrieve a ring from a dead body but the body isn't always there. I had to go back to a save from a hour earlier.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Forgive me if this has been asked already... but will the patch for the X360 version fix the lockups that occur on the loading screen?

Xdrive05

Baron Aloha said:
Forgive me if this has been asked already... but will the patch for the X360 version fix the lockups that occur on the loading screen?

I dunno, but I've been getting them a lot on the PC version on my GF's computer, but never on my computer. For that, it may be a heat issue. Because it always seems to work if I shut her computer down for a few minutes then restart and load the game.

But for some reason my computer doesn't have the same problem.

LakeEarth

Wollan said:
Anyone? See me last post. Im in tears here.
Everytime I think I ran into a quest-fucking-up bug, it always turns out I'm the bug, as I'm just missing something small. I haven't done the vampire stuff yet though.

Dr_Cogent

Banned
Baron Aloha said:

I would love to know if the devs get the locking up on a cool 360 system. I had it lock up twice last night. I do know my 360 can get hot, but I've never had GRAW lock up that I can remember at least. Who knows. I may go out and get one of these

intercooler360.jpg

I just wonder how much that thing is and if it will break real soon.

I think I'll wait for your feedback on the cooling unit before I go do anything like that. :)

I got my first freeze the other night with a Dirty Disk error. It wasn't a big deal and it's only happened once, but I'm still really paranoid that my 360 is gonna crap out on me.

Geoff9920

Hmm, I always thought the freezes were loading issues with the 360 version of the game and not the 360 itself. :-\ I've only had two in the 30+ hours I've been playing, and both were during loading screens. Never had a single problem with any other 360 games though, odd.

Sysgen

I'm probably near 100 and only had one lock up. My 360 is in my entertainment center and it does get a little warm in there.

Nerevar

they call me "Man Gravy".
I'm at about 35 or so and have had 1 lockup. I've had more situations I've had to reload because my character was "stuck" (and no, I wasn't overencumbered - I was literally stuck in a corner). Those sucked.

Only time I had to reload was when I was in the Painter Quest, and he wouldn't paint the exit. He'd go through the motions, but the door would never appear. Had to reload two or three times and then it worked.

Ecrofirt

Do Oblivion gates randomly appear in an area or something?
I've got a save at a well on The Orange Road, right near where The Orange Road and The Pilver Road intersect neat Bruma. The other day I was playing, and at the intersection there was an Oblivion gate. I ended up just exiting the game without saving, and when I booted up to the same save yesterday evening, that Oblivion gate wasn't there.

So, does that mean they appear randomly or something, or was this some glitch?

dante786

Banned
Ecrofirt said:
Do Oblivion gates randomly appear in an area or something?
I've got a save at a well on The Orange Road, right near where The Orange Road and The Pilver Road intersect neat Bruma. The other day I was playing, and at the intersection there was an Oblivion gate. I ended up just exiting the game without saving, and when I booted up to the same save yesterday evening, that Oblivion gate wasn't there.

So, does that mean they appear randomly or something, or was this some glitch?

Normal....i think, i havent actually even started the main quest yet. Around 48 hours in.

dante786

Banned
Ecrofirt said:
What does that mean?

I think after you activate the main quest by going to Kvatch then after that oblivion gates randomly show up all over the place. I havent activated it yet, so i havent seen it in my own game.

dante786

Banned
FUCK spoiler tag, shit, im in my advanced stat class right now, wasnt thinking, sorry, i cant edit, can someone edit that for me.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
I don't think they are random either, I've never had one disappear after showing up. And I tend not to do them right away.

Ecrofirt

Well, I'll keep fiddling around and see if I can get it working then.

I've got the high-res texture mod going now, and I don't know if I like it so much. While it definitely looks nice, there's a ton of tiling gonig on, and I notice it much more than I did with the normal textures :(

Maybe I'm on crack too or something, but the texture mod seems to have given me a weird moon-jump ability or something. I seem to be jumping higher and further. Odd.

Wow! It's sad that someone actually bumped that crusty old RE4 thread out of fear of this one surpassing it in length. GAF never fails to amaze! :lol

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Speevy said:
This game is still getting content. The RE4 one doesn't have a chance.

Besides, most people are not half way through completing it yet based on the posts :D (Myself Included)

GreekWolf

Suikoguy said:
Besides, most people are not half way through completing it yet based on the posts :D (Myself Included)
Yep, I can testify to that. I'm nearing 115 hours played, and my stat sheet shows only 98 places found.

Still over 100 to go. :D

Same boat here. I've put a ton of time into the game, and I've barely started the main quest. Too many other things keep getting me distracted. :)

Dr_Cogent

Banned
Kung Fu Jedi said:
Same boat here. I've put a ton of time into the game, and I've barely started the main quest. Too many other things keep getting me distracted. :)

I don't want to finish the main quest because I have a feeling that after I do - I will feel like the game is "officially over" even though it's not. I will finish the main quest once I grow tired of the game. Thats at least what I plan to do.

Dr_Cogent said:
I don't want to finish the main quest because I have a feeling that after I do - I will feel like the game is "officially over" even though it's not. I will finish the main quest once I grow tired of the game. Thats at least what I plan to do.

Agreed. I'll get back to the main quest once I've exhausted everything I want to do with my character in the other areas of the game. I have yet to become Guild Leader in any of the Guilds yet, and I still haven't stepped foot inside the Arena. That's not even touching all the dungeons/caves/ruins that are on my map that I have yet to explore. This game really is huge! :)

syllogism

This could be considered a spoiler, so I'll tag it just in case

There isn't really much point in exploring most of the dungeons since the layouts are usually very similar and the loot is random. This is one of the issues I hope will at least somewhat be fixed in ESV. Fewer, but more unique dungeons would make exploring them worthwhile. Right now, there are almost no unique loot or monsters to be found.

GreekWolf

Nerevar said:
uh, IIRC, it's for cancelling enchantments that are affecting you (drain health / etc)?
Which is really useful when that damn little spider bites you in the ankle and paralyzes you... or a Dremora Mage lights your hair on fire.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
I must not understand alchemy.. and I used it all the time. =\

I'm playing with this thing and I see at expert/master level bread loaf, cheese wedge, and Summer Bolete Cap all have drain agility (among other ingrediants as well).

Yet according to this, I can't make a cheese wedge + summer bolete cap drain agility potion. Why?

Ark-AMN

Banned
Man, there's so much to do, I'm almost overwhelmed. I have no idea how far I am in the main quest, and I'm just going along trying to complete any other quests that come my way.

Despite all that, I still look foward to whatever expansion content Bethesda is working on. I'm hoping like others that a trip to the Black Marsh is in the prospects for the future.

LakeEarth

Ark-AMN said:
Man, there's so much to do, I'm almost overwhelmed. I have no idea how far I am in the main quest, and I'm just going along trying to complete any other quests that come my way.
Right now I have so many quests I just randomly pick one and do it. But sometimes it ends up being really cool (do the quest that the Leader of Bruma gives you, its pretty awesome). It seems like every other person I talk to gives me some sort of quest. Not that I'm complaining, I'm just trying to finish the ones in my quest list right now. Hell I furnished my house in Bravil just so the mission would be off my incomplete quests list.

BTW, who knows of a good money making potion I could make? I wanna buy some property :lol

Speevy

Banned
Just take it one bit at a time. Like all games, some days you won't even feel like playing. And in others, you'll sit down for a 6 hour session.

Nerevar

they call me "Man Gravy".
slayn said:
I must not understand alchemy.. and I used it all the time. =\

I'm playing with this thing and I see at expert/master level bread loaf, cheese wedge, and Summer Bolete Cap all have drain agility (among other ingrediants as well).

Yet according to this, I can't make a cheese wedge + summer bolete cap drain agility potion. Why?

because the positive affect takes precedence, so you would get a "fire shield" potion (notice how both ingredients also have that as an effect) that drains your agility, rather than a "drain agility" poison.

Top Bottom