• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion |OT|

raYne

GhaleonEB said:
what creepy post?
I'm pretty sure he's talking about your closing thoughts/wrap-up. The one you wrote after you completed the game fully... I think.

Raiden said:
You people love Oblivion too much, anyway i started playing again too two weeks ago, still at it. The game is like 20x times more fun with an bow, i cant believe i never used a bow on my first character, kinda explains i didnt like it as much.
I can't imagine going through it without a bow. Not because it's hard or anything, but because it's so damn fun to use one.

Especially sniper shots from across a dark room that takes out a baddy in one arrow. It's sweet if you actually go for the realistic kills spots as well. Back of the head, neck or through the heart... *drools*

adg1034 said:
Page 210. We're absolutely insane.
I like how you say "we", with your one and only post... :p

demi

GhaleonEB said:
what creepy post?

As I gently laid her down to rest, I knew it was time. She was the one. The one I was assigned to kill. I glance into my blade, it dances off the moonlight like a precious ballerina. But on this night, she would not live to dance again. For the red curtain comes down tonight...

bengraven

You know my complaints about how the world doesn't feel alive enough? Well, I fixed that problem. I fell to the "dark side".

World of Warcraft.

And suddenly I want an Elder Scrolls MMORPG, like the kiddies.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
demi said:
As I gently laid her down to rest, I knew it was time. She was the one. The one I was assigned to kill. I glance into my blade, it dances off the moonlight like a precious ballerina. But on this night, she would not live to dance again. For the red curtain comes down tonight...

GhaleonEB: "Oh.....that one"

Raiden

Banned
raYne said:
I'm pretty sure he's talking about your closing thoughts/wrap-up. The one you wrote after you completed the game fully... I think.

I can't imagine going through it without a bow. Not because it's hard or anything, but because it's so damn fun to use one.

Especially sniper shots from across a dark room that takes out a baddy in one arrow. It's sweet if you actually go for the realistic kills spots as well. Back of the head, neck or through the heart... *drools*

I like how you say "we", with your one and only post... :p

Yeah :p.

I especially love killing crabs with a sneak-shot, they leave cool bloody slidemarks:lol .

But this game is damn fun, just hanging around plundering farms and gardens for the herbs, robbing people, etc.

LakeEarth

Kung Fu Jedi said:
Hi Guys! What have I missed? :D

Yeah! You're just out of control. Get back to us when you're post count is at least in the double digits. Pfft...amateurs. :lol
Triple digits baby, set the bar higher. You're only 45 away from quadruple digits.

LakeEarth said:
Triple digits baby, set the bar higher. You're only 45 away from quadruple digits.

Yeah, and if we keep bumping this thread up, I'm sure I'll make it too! :) But in a thread of this size, triple digits probably should be the standard.

raYne

Raiden said:
I especially love killing crabs with a sneak-shot, they leave cool bloody slidemarks:lol .
...and that screech they make when they die! :lol

I wouldn't be surprised if I've spent upwards of 4-5 hours in total just hunting animals in the woods. Bears, lions, minotaurs... whatever.

It's weird, I feel like more of a hero saving random npcs from forest creatures with a well placed shot than anything else I've done in Oblivion. Come across a guard/forester/towny being attacked by something and you bring it down with a single shot from long distance.

Badass status confirmed!

LakeEarth

Kung Fu Jedi said:
Yeah, and if we keep bumping this thread up, I'm sure I'll make it too! :) But in a thread of this size, triple digits probably should be the standard.
Well with the recent PS3/PSP Oblivion announcements, I can't see how. Unless we have a seperate PS3 thread like the seperate PS2 RE4 one.

Yeah, it was always awesome to be wandering the countryside only to come across some NPC being chased by a creature. I'd always wonder what the heck their story was. It's moments like that that make me question someone when they say the world doesn't feel alive.

LakeEarth said:
Well with the recent PS3/PSP Oblivion announcements, I can't see how. Unless we have a seperate PS3 thread like the seperate PS2 RE4 one.

I was pretty much counting on the PS3 having it's own seperate thread actually. This one is so huge, it's pretty hard to wade through, and although you can search through it, I'm guessing most people would rather just have a new thread to talk about the "Super Enhanced" PS3 version. :D

raYne

Yeah, It'd make a lot more sense to have seperate threads for that release. Plus...
Screw 'em, they should've been playing it already since it's on two other platforms.

Kidding..

..maybe..

bengraven

raYne said:
Yeah, It'd make a lot more sense to have seperate threads for that release. Plus...
Screw 'em, they should've been playing it already since it's on two other platforms.

Kidding..

..maybe..

No, because we'd have a tantrum if their thread grew bigger than this one (it could happen; really!).

I say we're aiming for 15,000 now. Maybe even 20,000. Why the hell not? :lol

bengraven said:
No, because we'd have a tantrum if their thread grew bigger than this one (it could happen; really!).

I say we're aiming for 15,000 now. Maybe even 20,000. Why the hell not? :lol

I won't participate in that thread. If I get you, raYne, Ghaleon, and Speevy to ignore it, it'll never come close to this thread. :D

Helznicht

I joined the fighters guild long ago and did 1 quest for them, but now I cant find anyone who has any fighters guild quests in any town. What do i have to do?

bengraven

Kung Fu Jedi said:
I won't participate in that thread. If I get you, raYne, Ghaleon, and Speevy to ignore it, it'll never come close to this thread. :D

I won't enter that thread until 2009, when the PS3 is 200 dollars and I decide to pick up Oblivion: GOTY Greatest Hits. :lol Then I'll just come in to say "this was fun three years ago!"

My 360 was sent back to MS for repairs, but should be coming back this week. I do plan on starting Oblivion over again soon. Playing WoW has made me appreciate the uglier species (undead in TESV!), so I may play an orc. Then I'll have to come back here and get suggestions.

Until then, I have a Forsaken to reach lvl 60 with...

Is Arena questline long? I'm hoping to write it off quickly, finished the Mages Guild up.

It's only about three hours long, actually. Maybe less. Shortest questline in the game, if you consider it a faction. So yes, it's a way to get quick achievements for you.

Nerevar

they call me "Man Gravy".
demi said:
Is Arena questline long? I'm hoping to write it off quickly, finished the Mages Guild up.
Arena's short, assuming you're badass enough to take down the opponents quickly. You get fully healed after every match, so it's simple to take down the entire arena in a few hours or so.

Glad this thread is still going, can't wait for the bump we'll get with all the new PS3 owners :lol

demi

Helznicht said:
I joined the fighters guild long ago and did 1 quest for them, but now I cant find anyone who has any fighters guild quests in any town. What do i have to do?

Just go to Chorrol or Cheydinhal, chances are you have to go to one of those. The Fighters Questline is basically back and forth between the two.

Nerevar said:
Arena's short, assuming you're badass enough to take down the opponents quickly. You get fully healed after every match, so it's simple to take down the entire arena in a few hours or so.

Glad this thread is still going, can't wait for the bump we'll get with all the new PS3 owners

I am already at Brawler rank, nothing has been too difficult. Just throw a Wizard's Fury their way and defend with my Esteuchuon of Chorrol (reflect 15% damage) and slice away (elven longsword).

Yeah, you can crank through the Arena very quickly. Only part that might be a speed bump is if you take the quest from the current champion. Otherwise, it's pretty quick and easy if you're strong enough.

GhaleonEB

demi said:
find it

demi

GhaleonEB said:

larpfetishwifeshockedkw4.jpg

What would the wife think if she knew about this?

raYne

Helznicht said:
Are you sure that you only did one Quest? If so, in which town? Or better yet, what was the Quest's name?

demi said:
larpfetishwifeshockedkw4.jpg

What would the wife think if she knew about this?
:lol I did a few thread searches too. I was wondering what the hell happened to it. Slick Ghaleon... really slick.

Kung Fu Jedi said:
I won't participate in that thread. If I get you, raYne, Ghaleon, and Speevy to ignore it, it'll never come close to this thread.
Sounds like a plan. Guess they can't hire the A-Team. *hums theme song*

demi

Arena questline got tore up, all done with it. Too bad the armor they gave me sucks ass and doesn't let me equip other stuff.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
We all know you're just researching OBLIVION for future Angry-Gamer.net podcasts, dude. GIVE IT UP!

GhaleonEB

raYne said:
:lol I did a few thread searches too. I was wondering what the hell happened to it. Slick Ghaleon... really slick.
Not really slick. I hinted four or five times that it was gone. :lol If there's ever a post I regret making, it was that one. Sleep deprivation + sleeping pills + trying to have some fun = post gone awry. No one quoted it, thank god. :p

robo_robo

demi said:
Where is that? I'm gonna go close the Oblivion Gate that I had trouble with earlier in the thread. Ha.

Take east road of Leyawiin until you get to Nocturnal Shrine. Talk to the statue and do the little quest and you'll get the skeleton key (unbreakable lockpick)

GhaleonEB

Yann said:
Take east road of Leyawiin until you get to Nocturnal Shrine. Talk to the statue and do the little quest and you'll get the skeleton key (unbreakable lockpick)
side note, you need to be at least Level 10 to do this quest.

demi

I am Level 11 (could go higher if I wanted)! Woo! Just closed the Oblivion Gate. I will do this now. Or later. I don't feel like playing anymore.

GhaleonEB

Kung Fu Jedi said:
The Skeleton Key just might be the most useful item in the entire game. It's a must grab as soon as you possibly can.
I managed to skip it on my second character, but that's because alteration was a major skill; I just used spells and lock picks on the few I could not open. either way I hate hate hate that lockpicking game and got to skip it

GhaleonEB said:
I managed to skip it on my second character, but that's because alteration was a major skill; I just used spells and lock picks on the few I could not open. either way I hate hate hate that lockpicking game and got to skip it

I actually didn't mind the lockpicking mini-game, it just got to be a pain in the ass to have to always go looking for lockpicks, or you'd run out in the middle of a dungeon or something. The skill rises pretty fast when you use it a lot too.

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
Kung Fu Jedi said:
I actually didn't mind the lockpicking mini-game, it just got to be a pain in the ass to have to always go looking for lockpicks, or you'd run out in the middle of a dungeon or something. The skill rises pretty fast when you use it a lot too.

I just used my Open Up, Bitch! spell, once my Alteration was high enough to make it. Only problem was, Open was target only, so you couldn't unlock chests & doors underwater with it. Gotta change that for the next game...

SteveMeister said:
I just used my Open Up, Bitch! spell, once my Alteration was high enough to make it. Only problem was, Open was target only, so you couldn't unlock chests & doors underwater with it. Gotta change that for the next game...

:lol We'd all appreciate that. :D

And by next game do you mean the PS3 version or Elder Scrolls V? Confirmation of ES V from a Bethesda Employee!! :D

Not that anyone will be surprised by that announcement

demi

Where is Hermione Lex? I can't complete this mission and it doesn't have a handy map marker to his location... what a wonky map system.

WHERE THE HELL IS HE

raYne

demi said:
Where is Hermione Lex? I can't complete this mission and it doesn't have a handy map marker to his location... what a wonky map system.

WHERE THE HELL IS HE
Who? Hieronymus Lex?

He's the main focus in different Quests, so you'd have to say which one you're doing before someone could help.

demi

The Elven Maiden -- I threw the bust in the bitch's cupboard and it's like HEY LETS GO TALK TO LEX

Ok, go to Temple District

WAIT

Now the arrow is back in the WHARF

WHY

THAT's STUPDID AND HE's NOT IN THE TOWER

Hey! My favorite thread is back!

I did that quest twice, and both times Lex was in the Wharf area, and actually just a short distance away from the woman's house who you are framing. He was standing amongst the shacks there while the other guards were patrolling the area.

raYne

:lol

Yeah, he's supposed to be near the warf. He doesn't stay there forever of course, 'cause he still has his rounds to do etc.

You can probably find him just wondering around (depending on the time) if he isn't where he's supposed to be.

demi

All I'm seeing are Guards that are like HAVE YOU SEE ARMANDE CHRISTOPHE?!

NO BUT HAVE YOU SEEN HERMIONE LEX!? PIECE OF SHIT

Top Bottom