• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion |OT|

Orodreth

According to magicbox:

- Bethesda announced they will release the extension pack The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Knight of the Nine for Xbox 360 on November 21, 2006, the pack can be downloaded from Xbox Live Marketplace, for 800 Microsoft Points.

Also i read that all previous DLC will be included in that new pack. Too good to be true? any news about it?

xabre

Banned
Not bad but throwing all the plugins together and calling it an expansion is a little weak IMO. I guess they diverted resources elsewhere and have no *real* expansion in development.

sigh :(

xabre said:
Not bad but throwing all the plugins together and calling it an expansion is a little weak IMO. I guess they diverted resources elsewhere and have no *real* expansion in development.

DONT SIGH

FALLOUT 3

*pelvic thrust*

Do The Mario

Unconfirmed Member
Orodreth said:
According to magicbox:

Also i read that all previous DLC will be included in that new pack. Too good to be true? any news about it?

Sounds like a no

15. What will be the retail price of Knights of the Nine? What will be the points cost for download on Xbox Live Marketplace?

The retail version will be $19.99, and that includes all of the DLC released to date, including Knights of the Nine. To download just Knights of the Nine for PC/Xbox 360 is $9.99/800 points.

A special thanks to Pete Hines for taking the time to answer our questions.

Full Q & A

http://www.killerbetties.com/knights_of_the_nine_pc_xbox_360_qa_pete_hines

Vark

The retail PC version of the expansion will have all the DLC the Xbox live download will just have the expansion (but is only $10).

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
xabre said:

- Bethesda announced they will release the extension pack The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Knight of the Nine for Xbox 360 on November 21, 2006, the pack can be downloaded from Xbox Live Marketplace, for 800 Microsoft Points.
Expansion? Where?

And Fallout 3 and TES 5 takes prio over an Oblivion expansion!

If wish us offline users could get it on disk.

Anyways I've been having fun with this game.

Although something weird did occur:

I was by the waterfront at night and the pirates drew their blades at me. That one Lex guy killed them all. So I looted their bodies and the ship. One of the (argonian)bums became suspend in mid-air during the fight. I thought they hung him at first but it simply turns out to be a bug. Until I left the town and came back........he would just walk around in mid air.

I hope those pirates didnt have any cool quests for me later on. Plus their bodies don't disappear....

Nerevar

they call me "Man Gravy".
Dr. Kitty Muffins said:
If wish us offline users could get it on disk.

Anyways I've been having fun with this game.

Although something weird did occur:

I was by the waterfront at night and the pirates drew their blades at me. That one Lex guy killed them all. So I looted their bodies and the ship. One of the (argonian)bums became suspend in mid-air during the fight. I thought they hung him at first but it simply turns out to be a bug. Until I left the town and came back........he would just walk around in mid air.

I hope those pirates didnt have any cool quests for me later on. Plus their bodies don't disappear....

they don't. They'll actually be revived as part of another quest, and you'll get to kill them all over again. But they do not provide quests for you.

Hey! It's my...awww...nevermind. :D

The screenshots for the new expansion look nice. Especially the last one. Anyone know what kind of creature that is? Hopefully there is a nice boss battle at the end of the new questline. Cool stuff.

Nerevar said:
they don't. They'll actually be revived as part of another quest, and you'll get to kill them all over again. But they do not provide quests for you.

So basically I got a free pirate cutlass. :)

I love some of the weapon and armor designs so far.

I'm gonna do a little pimping of my own upcoming mod; a guild of knights (not a religious bunch like Knights of the Nine), a dozen or so quests, lots of new areas and content (a new island, castle, village, dungeons, custom weapons and armor), all wrapped around a twisting storyline involving the old priory the knights reside in and the monks who were massacred there a long time ago.

ck24.jpg

ck26.jpg

ck25.jpg

I want to have this at least done in beta form by the time the official expansion is available.

im trying to play oblivion finally (YES I HELD OFF PLAYING IT FURTHERthis whole time once i found out about leveled content), but part of me is saying I should play through it as the designers intended.

For the record im using oscuros oblivion overhaul 1.31 and im getting my ASS KICKED by everything (Lol).

that and using oscuros reduces the choices of mods to check out by A LOT.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Confidence Man said:
I'm gonna do a little pimping of my own upcoming mod; a guild of knights (not a religious bunch like Knights of the Nine), a dozen or so quests, lots of new areas and content (a new island, castle, village, dungeons, custom weapons and armor), all wrapped around a twisting storyline involving the old priory the knights reside in and the monks who were massacred there a long time ago.

ck24.jpg

ck26.jpg

ck25.jpg

I want to have this at least done in beta form by the time the official expansion is available.

That looks really cool man. It's stuff like this that makes me wish I had the PC version.

Confidence Man that looks really great. Shame im on 360. Oh and Knights of the Nine isnt an expansion, unless you meant by the time a proper expansion arrives.

Fantasmo

ARGH! Same thing that happened to Demi happened to me.

I'm doing the The Spirits Have Lease.

Bought the house from guy
Got the note from broken jar
Talked to guy in King and Queen's tavern
Said Lift the Curse
Went to Count's Arms

He's not there!!!!!

Green Arrow points him to being in the middle of the room but as I walk to it the Green Arrow spins behind me, I guess the game thinks he should be there but he's not showing up. I tried waiting and leaving The Count's Arms and going back in, to no avail.

My last save is way back... suggestions?

methane47

I'm sorry but this must be a HUGE expansion if its going to give 12-20 more hours of gameplay...

Considering that games like Resistance is 12 hours.... And the original Oblivion if you just stick to the story line you can beat it in ~= 20 hours...

So i'm definitely pumped for the expansion.

So, is there any definitive answer on what version is superior? My brother is getting an Xbox 360 for Christmas and I could ask for that version or the PC version...I'm leaning towards the PC version for mods, but maybe I'm missing something about the Xbox 360 version...

Deadbone

Just completed the main storyline game on the weekend. Now im just working through all the various non-side quest ruins & dungeons. Can't wait for the Knights of the Nine. Perfect timing.

Seth C

Tom the Enchanter said:
So, is there any definitive answer on what version is superior? My brother is getting an Xbox 360 for Christmas and I could ask for that version or the PC version...I'm leaning towards the PC version for mods, but maybe I'm missing something about the Xbox 360 version...

PC if you want to be able to use mods, 360 if you wouldn't bother using them even if you could and/or enjoy playing on the sofa on a big TV.

Deadbone

junkster said:
ARGH! Same thing that happened to Demi happened to me.

I'm doing the The Spirits Have Lease.

Bought the house from guy
Got the note from broken jar
Talked to guy in King and Queen's tavern
Said Lift the Curse
Went to Count's Arms

He's not there!!!!!

Green Arrow points him to being in the middle of the room but as I walk to it the Green Arrow spins behind me, I guess the game thinks he should be there but he's not showing up. I tried waiting and leaving The Count's Arms and going back in, to no avail.

My last save is way back... suggestions?

Is Velwyn still back at King & Queens Tavern in Imperial city?
If he is, use 2 dialog topics 'Lorgren Benirus' and 'Lift the Curse'.
Then go to Anvil....'The Counts Arm's'...he takes a bit to get back....
I remember I went off for a walk and came back and he was there. I think he was upstairs for a while. He should turn up.
He's really slow even when he prompts you to follow him to the house.....hope that helps.

Willy Wanka said:
On the marketplace or is this for PC RPGers?

PC version will be up on Dec. 4. Right now it is available in stores only.

Does Xbox 360 version of KoTN include all previous downloadable contents like PC version?

Do The Mario

Unconfirmed Member
I would download this but, I just picked up GOW, Marvel UA and will be getting Viva Piñata (Australian launch) and R6 very soon.

Plus so many good DS/GBA games coming out!

I will probably wait until after December when I have the time to make a new character and get stuck back into oblivion and the add ons.

GhaleonEB

chigiri said:
I'm 99% sure it doesn't.
No, it doesn't.

And just to clarify, only the retail SKU for PC has all the other DLC, for $19.99. The seperate download for PC is $9.99 and only has the new questline.

So anyone play through the Knights? I thought it was good but not even close to 12 hours. More like a good three or four, and that's with getting stuck on a couple puzzles and do a lot of walking (I started a new game and had a more or less blank map). Definitely worth the download though.

Tobor

I just bought Knights of the Nine, but I didn't get a pop up starting the quest. Is there something I'm missing? I've rebooted, nothing happens.

edit:nevermind, I'm an idiot. Divine Crusader, here I come!

Frenck

Banned
Tobor said:
I just bought Knights of the Nine, but I didn't get a pop up starting the quest. Is there something I'm missing? I've rebooted, nothing happens.

edit:nevermind, I'm an idiot. Divine Crusader, here I come!

There is no pop-up message, you just have to travel around the major towns and search for clues. It's part of the experience.

EDIT

A little review:

+ Great loot
+ Localization on par with the main game
+ The integration into the main game is absolutely seamless
+ Some really cool graphical effects and sights (won't spoil it)
+ The quests themselves are quite different from each other, it won't feel repetitive
+ You explore all of Cyrodiil and it feels almost as epic as the main quest

/ No new locations, but Bethsoft dug out some great looking places for you to visit, I didn't know some of them

- It's short, 5-6 hours for all of it

If you want to get everything out of your 800 MS points you shouldn't use fast travel and you should play it on the default difficulty and you will spend more than 5 hours on it. I kind of regret that I blew through it in 2 sessions.

I will play it again with my mage character and I won't use fast travel this time.

GhaleonEB

thanks for the review, Frenck. Disappointing that people are finding it to be only half the promised length. I started a new character - female custome knight - and will try to start the questline over the long weekend. I like that there's no announcement about it - I'm not sure where to start, and that's what I was hoping for. Makes it more of an adventure.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Any word on when the extension pack will be released in the EU, specifically Scandinavian marketplaces? Please don't let this be another 2 month wait like quite a few of the previous DLCs. :(

Nameless

Of course they have to release the KoTN pack the week I buy Final Fantasy XII. Ahh well, I won't DL it until FFXII is complete, which in fact should be a perfect time to jump back into Oblivion.

But yeah, I'm really hoping Bethesda will release a REAL expansion(on par with Morrowind's Tribunal and Blood Moon) next year.

GhaleonEB

No real progress yet for me. I didn't know where to start, so I did a dungeon and went north. A guard mentioned something about
Anvil's church getting attacked and the priest babbling about the end of the world.
That sounds new! Cool to see that Bethesda integrated this new questline into the overall world. I'll arrive in town tomorrow.

Ah, Oblivion. Will I ever quit you?

joelseph

Sorry to wake this awesome thread up with a question that has probably been asked a million times allready. I recently purchased a 360 and am only a few hours into the game but allready it has completely frozen 3 times and I have been forced to restart the machine. This is the only game that is locking up and it happens randomly while I am running around. Is this just something to expect with the 360 version and should I just get in the habit of saving all the time? Or is it something else? Bad disc? Overheating? Thanks GAF.

GhaleonEB

joelseph said:
Sorry to wake this awesome thread up with a question that has probably been asked a million times allready. I recently purchased a 360 and am only a few hours into the game but allready it has completely frozen 3 times and I have been forced to restart the machine. This is the only game that is locking up and it happens randomly while I am running around. Is this just something to expect with the 360 version and should I just get in the habit of saving all the time? Or is it something else? Bad disc? Overheating? Thanks GAF.

The game can freeze, but that's an abnormally high number of occurances. Have you logged onto Live and downloaded the patch? That helped the stability. Even without it, my game only crashed about a half dozen times in 300 hours of play. I'd say if it happens a few more times, take the disc back to where you bought it and demand an exchange.

joelseph

Thanks for the reply. I think I downloaded the update, when I started the game for the first time live told me there was a patch and would have to restart to apply it. Is there a way I can verify I have all the updates available for the game? Other games have been taking my attention atm but as soon as the newness wears off and all the roomates and friends lose interest I want to settle down and really get into this game, and the freezing kinda kills it. I guess I will forever be saving all the time. =)

I'm with GhaleonEB. That sounds like an awful lot of freezes in a short period of time. I probably had 5-6 freezes total, pre-patch, and maybe one after. Have you cleared the cache just to be sure? Might be worth a try.

Top Bottom